Tonbridge West Yard

Lyddrail

Thanks Peter. I was pleased with 73005, this done leaves 73136 Kent Youth Music the last 73 in NSE livery to complete.

I already had that photo from the internet in the past.

Cheers.

No worries Paul,

I think it's the only pic I got of 73005 in that livery.

Cheers Peter.

No worries Paul,

I think it's the only pic I got of 73005 in that livery.

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

I never photographed this loco in this livery, the internet and friends came to my rescue. Before the internet it was books, mags or your own photos.

Cheers.

Hi Paul,

Always nice to see a few pics of the layout, it's looking great. 73005 is looking good too.

Pic below shows 73005 on an Eastleigh to Marchwood MOD train.

Cheers Peter.

Great picture. Any idea of the date?

• 3 weeks later...

My layout starts this year with two shows in February. See it at Stafford on 4th & 5th Feb, and then Glasgow on 24th, 25th & 26th Feb.

Some of my less than perfect pics below of how the layout looks now while testing formations.

Drivers eye view entering the yard.

post-1373-0-60437200-1484390465_thumb.jpg

Tench wagon loaded with buffer stops leaving the yard.

post-1373-0-73099700-1484390494_thumb.jpg

4Cep leaving the Jubilee sidings.

post-1373-0-09691600-1484390516_thumb.jpg

6Epb drawing into the Jubilee.

post-1373-0-74644600-1484390537_thumb.jpg

The S&T Hap crane wagon in the yard.

post-1373-0-39498900-1484390557_thumb.jpg

High Brooms empty tanks being shunted in the yard.

post-1373-0-59227000-1484390580_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

• Like 17

A few more close up pics of the layout.

C&W area with on call Sherpa van.

attachicon.gifTWY C&W area & Sherpa.jpg

Stores wagons in the C&W sidings.

attachicon.gifTWY C&W stores wagons.jpg

Cars parked by the old C&W lobby.

attachicon.gifTWY Cars at old C&W lobby.jpg

The Redhill end shunters lobby.

attachicon.gifTWY Redhill end lobby.jpg

Cheers.

Great to see the Sherpa modelled Paul. I was a Duty Station Manager at Ashford at around the time of the layout, and we too had a Sherpa for call outs (we covered a huge area). I nearly rolled it during one foggy morning when racing (as much as you could in one of those) to an incident......Ours had a few more dents in it than you have modelled, but I guess C&W were more careful than us!

Great to see the Sherpa modelled Paul. I was a Duty Station Manager at Ashford at around the time of the layout, and we too had a Sherpa for call outs (we covered a huge area). I nearly rolled it during one foggy morning when racing (as much as you could in one of those) to an incident......Ours had a few more dents in it than you have modelled, but I guess C&W were more careful than us!

Mike,

The Sherpa didn't look too bad in my pics, they must have been careful as you say.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

The Sherpa didn't look too bad in my pics, they must have been careful as you say.

Cheers.

Fantastic, and lovely to see TWY lined up for Stafford. 

See you there. 

Cheers, Anthony 

That 4 SUB (I presume it was an MTK kit?) is truly bootifull. You have now reminded me that no-one has gone for this most obvious unit, either RTR or in kit form (AFAIK) for decades (unless Charlie did one which I did not spot). It would fill a gap for me, as I will need a Sandite unit.

The track plant looks superb, do you have any drawings for the 08-275.

I have one side elevation from which I built the model. Plus a hundred or so photos I took of the two 08-275 prototypes. I can't find the plan on my computer just now but I can scan the original.

Cheers.

That 4 SUB (I presume it was an MTK kit?) is truly bootifull. You have now reminded me that no-one has gone for this most obvious unit, either RTR or in kit form (AFAIK) for decades (unless Charlie did one which I did not spot). It would fill a gap for me, as I will need a Sandite unit.

Mike,

Yes, the Sub was from an MTK kit. The Sub and EPB kits were very good and went together very well. I am lucky enough to have a further 2 unbuilt Sub kits for the future.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Mike,

Yes, the Sub was from an MTK kit. The Sub and EPB kits were very good and went together very well. I am lucky enough to have a further 2 unbuilt Sub kits for the future.

Cheers.

Did anyone else actually own and build any MTK units . :-) Edited by carlw
  • Like 1

Did anyone else actually own and build any MTK units . :-)

Carl,

A good question. Back in the day there were very few of us who finished a model.  However, back then I met a few people who did build some, but it was likely to be 5 or so only. I know I was unusual.

When I have finished redecorating my model room I will take some pics of my stash of MTK unbuilt kits!! Plus some part built project that have sat untouched for about 10 years or so!

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello Carl

Yes i built a couple of MTK kits in fact i still have one. i would never part with it it was the class 140 railbus the shed on wheels it runs on a modified 142 chassis.

the other one i built was a 105 cravens DMU.

Not going to say good to see the new stock as i know its years old Paul, but it will be great to see it out and about again.

roll on Stafford.

Tonbridge West Yard and Tanners Hill flying the flag for Network South East.

thanks Steve

• Like 1