Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

So, can we send you prepped bodies to deal with, and if so, what prepping is required?

Mike.

Not at this time. This would unfortunately be unmanageable.

Snip from original post:

The roll-out of this new tech is going to be very carefully managed. We're still beyond capacity with demand for existing and new transfers: this will not change. The transfer catalog will continue to grow at around 400 new product lines each year to help the modelling community with more choice and more quality. We will in tandem gradually start to release limited edition runs of specific models, liveries and running numbers. We already have the first subject in mind and this will be revealed in the fullness of time. In the meantime however we wanted to share this new opportunity with the community as a taster of what is to come and what is now possible.

• RMweb Gold

Not at this time. This would unfortunately be unmanageable.

Snip from original post:

The roll-out of this new tech is going to be very carefully managed. We're still beyond capacity with demand for existing and new transfers: this will not change. The transfer catalog will continue to grow at around 400 new product lines each year to help the modelling community with more choice and more quality. We will in tandem gradually start to release limited edition runs of specific models, liveries and running numbers. We already have the first subject in mind and this will be revealed in the fullness of time. In the meantime however we wanted to share this new opportunity with the community as a taster of what is to come and what is now possible.

Ah well, s'pose I'll just have to keep buying your transfers!

Mike.

• Like 1

That's a seriously great find and thanks for sharing. It's the best photo I've yet to see of one of those. Now if anyone knows of an image of what's on the right-hand door in that photo, then we'd be one step closer towards it being a definite possibility... I also don't know how many of these there were, and what their running numbers were. I suspect there can't have been more than a handful as I was quite a coach geek back in the day!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's a seriously great find and thanks for sharing. It's the best photo I've yet to see of one of those. Now if anyone knows of an image of what's on the right-hand door in that photo, then we'd be one step closer towards it being a definite possibility... I also don't know how many of these there were, and what their running numbers were. I suspect there can't have been more than a handful as I was quite a coach geek back in the day!

Numbers in this thread.

Cheers,

Mick

Now if anyone knows of an image of what's on the right-hand door in that photo, then we'd be one step closer towards it being a definite possibility...

Something like this-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/18578675@N02/6500113241/in/photolist-azhRNf-avYQEB-aUoMcX-dDUDPP-5vWLzR-5vVu5T-9GxS7i-bxHAdQ/lightbox/

• 1 month later...

A thumbs up for excellent service, I've submitted 4 or 5 orders over the last few months both off the shelf items and complete loco packs, all delivered in less than week, you even replied to an email at 7pm on a Friday night. Don't you guys ever go home?

Edited by w124bob

A thumbs up for excellent service, I've submitted 4 or 5 orders over the last few months both off the shelf items and complete loco packs, all delivered in less than week, you even replied to an email at 7pm on a Friday night. Don't you guys ever go home?

Thanks Bob; glad to hear you've been happy with what you've received. In answer to your question: the shop never closes. Without an ounce of exaggeration a typical working week is around 80-90hrs long and has been for literally years. It's certainly not an 8-6 job; it's a lifestyle and one that has evolved out of pure lifelong passion for railways. By far the biggest challenge is a lack of hours in each week to get to everything we'd like.

• 1 month later...

@dmh   I'm literally out photographing the EVR diesel gala in a horizontal blizzard but I saw this ping through. I've just checked that ticket ID and a response was sent within an hour. Maybe your email provider filtered it into Junk (not uncommon). "Recipient mailbox full" is another common issue. I will re-send. All that said, I get in the region of 200-250 incoming emails a week asking for new packs or one-off custom work. This is in addition to dispatching all the web site orders, replenishing stock, research and design of new packs incl test printing, numerous meetings with manufacturers, TOCs and other stakeholders. As the web site and every email footer states - it's simply a physical impossibility to help every single request despite 90+hr weeks every week. I do what I can and help where I can.

I replied to Rob within minutes but for the wider benefit of everyone else - the Railtec match to EWS maroon has been described as "superb" so hopefully the EWS range should fit the bill. Besides the ready-printed stock items there's also a custom EWS pack with your choice of number:

4mm-2230

2230-1.jpg

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1

After another superb Warley show, we're delighted to announce phase 3 of our state-of-the-art technology. We have a never-ending passion to continue to innovate, advance the hobby into the 21st century and help modellers by offering more choice, more quality and more tech.

94792a_1000px.jpg

94792b_1000px.jpg

This may look like an ordinary CCT van, but it is not. It is in fact a first sample prototype of what we believe could be a world first.

So what's the fuss?

This is not so much about the livery or the model: these of course have been done before. It's the concept. Railtec has bent new technology to create true factory RTR models in small or mass batches in whatever livery, all with different running numbers and with whatever other unique markings we choose. This side shows 94792; the other was done as 94239 simply as a test. (Having been born/bred in Manchester these battered Red Bank parcels were always a favourite and so a great choice for a first test). Essentially this means the process of respraying and transfer application are done automatically to a factory standard that may well be the envy of many resprayers.

Thats nice!!!! May be a GUV and a BG would nice or am i pushing my luck?

Very interested in a pack for the Stagecoach FO's if they're anywhere near, just found a pair of donors in a box! I also have a ticket outstanding but as I said in my initial message I am in no rush, so not expecting a response straight away. Hopefully this spring/summer I'll finally make some progress on a few things!

Enjoy your snowy photography at the EVR, not been for a while but its a most enjoyable run.

Thats nice!!!! May be a GUV and a BG would nice or am i pushing my luck?

From memory, GUVs and BGs tended to carry pretty bog standard liveries with little detail - even during sectorisation, and existing and already widely available models of them easily customised with someone who is comfortable with removing the couple of existing marks and replacing economically with transfers. The CCT above was made as a first prototype just to test the new technology, mainly because it had the Red Star branding, destinations, maintenance charts, wheelbase, tare and intricate stripe over the full length of the vehicle, so was a great test. I may - at some point in the very distant future - consider Royal Mail BG variants which had the intricate double yellow stripe, which can be a bit of a 'mare to recreate manually and to a very high standard, but it really depends. I can see other liveries being much more in demand and there already aren't enough hours in each week as it is. First limited edition will likely be a rake of Red Star CCTs (perhaps around 9 different running numbers), and I already have strong candidates for 2nd and 3rd limited editions in mind, which will be revealed in good time.

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1

Very interested in a pack for the Stagecoach FO's if they're anywhere near, just found a pair of donors in a box! I also have a ticket outstanding but as I said in my initial message I am in no rush, so not expecting a response straight away. Hopefully this spring/summer I'll finally make some progress on a few things!

Enjoy your snowy photography at the EVR, not been for a while but its a most enjoyable run.

They'll make an appearance at some point. Just a question of making the artwork, measuring, test printing, figuring out what a universally useful pack might look like, and then pulling it all together. Some transfer packs are very straight-forward to make, whilst others can take a lot more research, design and testing time than what might immediately be obvious.

Despite a lot of horizontal snow along the EVR, none of it really settled! Will likely post shots on FB and WNXX in next 24hrs or so. Nice to phot a Warship on the line.

• Like 2

@dmh   I'm literally out photographing the EVR diesel gala in a horizontal blizzard but I saw this ping through. I've just checked that ticket ID and a response was sent within an hour. Maybe your email provider filtered it into Junk (not uncommon). "Recipient mailbox full" is another common issue. I will re-send. All that said, I get in the region of 200-250 incoming emails a week asking for new packs or one-off custom work. This is in addition to dispatching all the web site orders, replenishing stock, research and design of new packs incl test printing, numerous meetings with manufacturers, TOCs and other stakeholders. As the web site and every email footer states - it's simply a physical impossibility to help every single request despite 90+hr weeks every week. I do what I can and help where I can.

I replied to Rob within minutes but for the wider benefit of everyone else - the Railtec match to EWS maroon has been described as "superb" so hopefully the EWS range should fit the bill. Besides the ready-printed stock items there's also a custom EWS pack with your choice of number:

4mm-2230

2230-1.jpg

Yes, Steve got back to me super fast- good work !

The decals look nice but if I order37521 numbers will they be from the EWS typeface rather than the EW&S as shown above and do you get the maroon nose numbers too ?

Yes, Steve got back to me super fast- good work !

The decals look nice but if I order37521 numbers will they be from the EWS typeface rather than the EW&S as shown above and do you get the maroon nose numbers too ?

Hiya Rob, absolutely. I match the typeface for both branding and numbers, and where I have images (which is most, if not all) I match the spacing per the real things too.

• Like 3

Despite a lot of horizontal snow along the EVR, none of it really settled! Will likely post shots on FB and WNXX in next 24hrs or so. Nice to phot a Warship on the line.

Some nice shots in the snow. didn't realise 33103 had gone back to departmental grey, looks good.

Did you get my PM re ticket 3797? Just ordered some gloss varnish for my 26!