ICI Hoppers from Hatton's in Partnership with Oxford Rail

Andy Y

Wondering, if there will be more releases of the early 1936 version with black underframe, till now only two versions, while all the later ones are overwhelming in versions..

Have both early versions, would like more in other numbers, so hopefully Hattons will do another run of these with different running numbers or sets of 2-3 with different running numbers.

Think they will go fast, all first versions sold out very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked Hatton's the other day via the chat function on the website about the 10 weathered ones that are outstanding and the lady told me they didn't know when they were due in stock. I asked if might be before Christmas but said they don't know when they will be delivered.

Paul

I asked Hatton's the other day via the chat function on the website about the 10 weathered ones that are outstanding and the lady told me they didn't know when they were due in stock. I asked if might be before Christmas but said they don't know when they will be delivered.

Paul

This is good news! For my wallet that is.

Although I am very much looking forward to these, I was getting quite nervous how I was going to be able to afford to pay for these, the Mk2F's + DBSO, and the FFA/FGA wagons all at a similar time. At least it gives me a bit more wiggle room to not have to worry about the ICI's for another few months.

Paul

They could arrive at any time, I had the same replies rang them a couple of times concerning the last batch then they arrived   

in stock two weeks later.

Edited by paul 27

E

They could arrive at any time, I had the same replies rang them a couple of times concerning the last batch then they arrived   

in stock two weeks later.

Exactly.  There was nothing on the web-site, then "Bang" - they were expected in 2-3weeks.  Perhaps they find out, when Oxford tell them that they are ready and are asking for their payment.

Regards,

C. 

However, the website has been updated with actual photos of 8 of the 10 weathered models... so maybe not far away now. The bad news is that the last two ICI006CW & 6DW are showing as 'not produced' and the pre-ordering option and banner removed.. hmmmm shame.

Paul

However, the website has been updated with actual photos of 8 of the 10 weathered models... so maybe not far away now. The bad news is that the last two ICI006CW & 6DW are showing as 'not produced' and the pre-ordering option and banner removed.. hmmmm shame.

Paul

Is it me or have they changed the weathered livery,  they look far too grey not the dark brown shown in the first samples.

More worryingly than that - the photos on Hattons website for those they are making look.....errr.....well.......errr.........."Disgusting!"

Mr Mylett......, Sir......,  please tell us the weathered versions will look like those you had on this forum, where you wanted us to choose between Version 1, 2 & 3.  {Version 4 (Hattons Website)in the photos....No thanks}.

P.S. Is it true, that the 06CW & 06DW are not not to be produced?   I had got an order for these, but will have to alter it accordingly.  Dare I ask what ICI 006BW is going to look like?

Regards,

C.

P

More worryingly than that - the photos on Hattons website for those they are making look.....errr.....well.......errr.........."Disgusting!"

Mr Mylett......, Sir......,  please tell us the weathered versions will look like those you had on this forum, where you wanted us to choose between Version 1, 2 & 3.  {Version 4 (Hattons Website)in the photos....No thanks}.

P.S. Is it true, that the 06CW & 06DW are not not to be produced?   I had got an order for these, but will have to alter it accordingly.  Dare I ask what ICI 006BW is going to look like?

Regards,

C.

Post #297, for anyone wanting to see what they were going to be like......  Hattons website  - for crimes against PHV's....

Regards,

C. 

Is it me or have they changed the weathered livery, they look far too grey not the dark brown shown in the first samples.

They do look a lot darker more like a rainy wet day hopper look and I saw plenty of those passing Hazel Grove like that in their final year on the mainline.

Paul

Regards,

C.

Yes what I was describing in my previous post nothing like the examples we were shown on here.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We've just got news that we're expecting the final delivery of ICI wagons within the next few days.

ICIWeatheredGroup_1920.jpg

This will cover the remaining weathered versions with the exception of ICI006CW and ICI006DW which are no longer being produced. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this but unfortunately, it was unavoidable in this case.

If you have an order that contains one of the above codes then our Helpdesk team will be getting in touch shortly to check if you would like us to amend to one of the other available variations or simply remove it from your order.

Cheers,
Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We've just got news that we're expecting the final delivery of ICI wagons within the next few days.

ICIWeatheredGroup_1920.jpg[/size]

This will cover the remaining weathered versions with the exception of ICI006CW and ICI006DW which are no longer being produced. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this but unfortunately, it was unavoidable in this case.

If you have an order that contains one of the above codes then our Helpdesk team will be getting in touch shortly to check if you would like us to amend to one of the other available variations or simply remove it from your order.

Cheers,

Dave

We seem to be a long way from Kansas..

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97603-ici-hoppers-from-hattons-in-partnership-with-oxford-rail/?p=2860880

Hi all,

As promised, here's some images showing the weathering masters for our ICI wagons.

As you can see, we have tried a few different styles of weathering on these particular models.

We'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the various styles and, as ever, welcome feedback.

Style 1:

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_1_quarter.jpg

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_1_profile.jpg

Style 2:

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_2_quarter.jpg

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_2_profile.jpg

Style 3:

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_3_quarter.jpg

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_3_profile.jpg

attachicon.gifICI_Weathered_Trio.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by adb968008

Me too will have to repaint them if this is the case, they look terrible.

That was my worry when looking on the website. As per earlier - please tell us Dave this is not the 'final result' after the lovely 'version 2', we all said yes to.

Whilst I know weathering can be a personal taste, and I know they are only £1 more, but I'd argue that if thats the weathering, then we may just as well as had clean ones....(unless they look much better in the flesh?)

Regards,

C.

Two peneth thrown in.

I think the photos of the soon to arrive heavily weathered "hoppers" show an even weathered wagon which is good.

By the time a pair of 37s had hauled the wagons up from Tunstead and then roared them down from Chinley, there was precious little loose limestone on the frames as suggested in previous weathering options.

They look heavily weathered, good. Try reading the PHV panels!

They still look too grey to me. Think track colour, not weathered grey.

Paul, he is The Hopperman, post 439 says the photos look like "a rainy wet day hopper look". If you couldn't see the hoppers, it was raining, If you could see the hoppers it was going to rain.

I am disappointed with the 2 cancellations 6CW & 6DW, both later period. I hope this isn't due to lack of pre-orders. i think many of us have held back from pre-ordering until we see what the actual weathered wagons look like.

I am now trying to select substitutes for the 2 cancelled ones.

Simply more weathered late period? I like each wagon to have a different number, I know you won't see the numbers on a rake running past, but I'll know!

The alternative is emerging as a rake of different liveried and differently weathered wagons. Not what I want. I think I can hear the distant rattle of a track colour can.

But steady lads & lasses. Who'd have thought only a few years ago that we'd have rtr "Hoppers".

Ian.

• Like 4

I'd probably agree if we hadn't already seen 'what you could have won'.

Yeah, exactly.  If it it don't look right then no point bothering.

Regarding 006B & 006C -  All the others have been possible - I would imagine it was possibly to do with re-creation of the rusty "Ex-ICI" on the body sides.  Its the only major difference.

I can appreciate weathering can be a personal taste.  Personally, I have cancelled them so as not to take the risk on a few hundred pounds.  I already have a rake of clean. If I like the weathering when they turn up - then I'll re-order.  Failing that, its money I'll but towards Class 66's or Cemflo wagons....

Regards,

C.

Yes I think a lot will cancel, also on there website  ICI003DW  is not showing plate bogies and 1C1002BW  is not shown has this been cancelled as well.

Yeah I was intending getting weathered ones, but have just ordered clean instead. I'll do the weathering myself