Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Hi Paul, sorry but this has been reported and it appears to be a problem between the website host and PayPal so we can't do anything about it. The option that some people have done is to let us know your wants (and address) by email, we can give you a price and you can pay through PayPal direct to our account, this applies to anyone having difficulty with certain items. Strangely it's older items that are affected and the recent items are okay, something to do with an upgrade!!!!

Dave Franks.

How about some of these Dave?

attachicon.gif12TVan©PwDColln.jpg

20" version was common on fitted vans and the 24" on Brake some brake vans.

http://www.traintesting.com/images/Workington41.jpg

http://www.traintesting.com/images/Workington31.jpg

http://www.traintesting.com/images/Workington11.jpg

Despite digging, I've never managed to find out who manufactured them?

P

I've niver seen yon in ma puff.

Dave Franks.

For  anyone who has had problems with the checkout on Lanarkshire Models website, problem is sorted now it seems, not with any help from the hosting company Arvixe of America but down to the hard work in the wee small hours by our tame webmistress.... Who has had to change one character in almost every description for the PayPal invoice.

Apparently a PayPal 'upgrade' has been done.

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk

• 2 weeks later...

Important announcement.

From today 18-07-16, Lanarkshire Models & Supplies will no longer be able to supply any items to North America.

With the start of a new insurance policy and the prospect of a huge increase in premium we have decided to take their advice and stop sending our goods to America and Canada. Believe it or not the saving on the premium is the same as the sales to North America over the whole of 2015 so it is with regret that we take this action but it is purely on business grounds.

The insurance company is happy for us to sell to all other countries.

On asking around other suppliers in the hobby it seems it is becoming a common problem and as one trader has said these companies don't have a policy for our type of cottage industry, believe me I've tried.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear about the States being Trumped by your insurance company. They do tend to drive the riskier bits of life out of existence, don't they?

Out and about last weekend, I thought you might like to add the middle one to your 'to do' list of prototype buffer stops.

post-89-0-50406600-1471547623_thumb.jpg

Please note that there is one on the ground which obviously evaded the stops

Regards

Ian

So is the new BP06 not good enough for you like.... You want me to make one porsificly for you? :tomato:

As for drilling 2mm holes in plastic bufferbeams, I have no trouble doing it with a good sharp drill used gently, spend some money and get a new drill bit.... :sarcastic:

I don't know, your workmanship has gone right down the toilet since you left old Blity. :protest:

:thankyou: Dave Franks.

Spin down a Wizard UCO28 (22") buffer head to 20" in a Mini drill. Drill out BPO6 to suit same. "Mini Drill again". Jobs a good un.

You want me to make one porsificly 

Oi!

As for drilling 2mm holes in plastic bufferbeams, I have no trouble doing it with a good sharp drill used gently, spend some money and get a new drill bit.... :sarcastic:

As seen afore. Easy Peasy.

post-508-0-58160000-1472149221.jpg

Spose you'll be wanting us to come and put your deck chair up next?

P

• Like 1

I think I'll start modelling RENFE.

That's not a bad idea. Franks* bridge. Out of one tunnel, a few yards of track, Franks bridge, and straight into another tunnel. 

Minimum space no problem. It's just a pop down the coast for you to take some measurements.

Dunno why RENFE was hauling HEA's when I snapped Franks bridge in 1982 though?

post-508-0-23492100-1472162582.jpg

* That's Frank as in Sinatra, not Dave Frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqHfqhoMqo

And even better with real steam engines running through the tunnels. (Stick with this till the end)

Twas a bit scary walking that footpath  even back in the early 1980's. Funny to think Peter Lorre was fit enough to do it some twenty years earlier.

Was in far better condition# than shown here though.

# That's the footpath & me and certainly Peter Lorre!

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

That's not a bad idea. Franks* bridge. Out of one tunnel, a few yards of track, Franks bridge, and straight into another tunnel. 

Minimum space no problem. It's just a pop down the coast for you to take some measurements.

Dunno why RENFE was hauling HEA's when I snapped Franks bridge in 1982 though?

OK...so now you've started him off again, railway film locations in Spain are one of his Mastermind subjects...

railway film locations in Spain are one of his Mastermind subjects...

and good old solid Spanish lamposts.

My favorite:

https://goo.gl/maps/CQypq8cTCsE2

Some errand motorist tried his best to remove it one day as I was walking past . The post didn't even shake it's globes. The car on the other hand...

post-508-0-72765200-1472218892.jpg

P

Edited to add missing word.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

I've always heard them described as 'BR Self-contained'- B013 looks very similar. I think they were based on a GWR design that had been used on clay tipplers and the 'Pole' 20t minerals.

With those hollow extensions at 90 & 270 degrees along with those Horizontal weld lines they look a little different to the self contained buffers I have known and loved. It was suggested to me they are Turplat buffers but as Turplat was/is known for manufacturing Weld-less buffers I have some doubts.

Self Contained: Including tapered.

post-508-0-24711400-1472223562.jpg

post-508-0-90540000-1472223557.jpg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• 3 weeks later...

New for this weekend, Westinghouse air pumps.

As originally fitted to WD locos and to NER Q7s for the Tyne Dock service, later fitted to the BR 9Fs

Sorry but far too big for locos with Westy air brakes, maybe for S Scale....

From a superb 3D print by John Marsh, thanks John.

Pack of two for £4.95.

post-10324-0-78801800-1473970940.jpg

Dave Franks.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, it's come to my notice that some people are not seeing the latest Lanarkshire Models webpage, this is possibly due to Google or Google Chrome not now automatically searching for the latest version of a webpage or that people are using an old favourite's link. Can I suggest cleaning out the cache or history and typing in the address www.lanarkshiremodels.com   this should bring up the latest home page which should have a big yellow information panel on it. A number of new items were added at that time.

I've even had someone asking when bufferstops BS18 and BS19 would be available, these were out in April!

The new GNR type C bufferstop (BS21) should be available very soon as the masters are nearly done, just a few more bolts to fit..... GCR bufferstops next.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello 

Could Mr Franks or anyone else tell me if he does a buffer suitable for the discontinued Parkside LNER brakevan, as featured in the second prototype photo in this link? 

http://www.steve-banks.org/modelling/186-lner-early-goods-brake-van

I had a feeling they'd been announced on this thread, but I can't find them. I'd be grateful if anyone could supply the product number as I know nowt about buffers - I just build what I'm told by the dad.  

Thanks!