RMweb

Marcus 37

• RMweb Gold

That looks absolutely brilliant mate, it fits in so well it took me a minute to see it, if you know what i mean.

It finishes off that spare corner just perfectly, and looks like it's been there forever.

Amazing work Marcus, really great.

Al.

Thanks for all the lovely comments chaps. I had been debating for sometime what to do in that corner. As farming is such an important part of the Peak District I really wanted to incorporate a farm scene with an old stone barn some how.

Makes for a more interesting back drop for the trains as well rather than more trees.

Off to do a bit more now

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

A little bit more done on the barn today. The end of the lean to wall has been weathered and ive added some rust to the tin sheets on the roof to give it that real dilapidated look .

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Fantastic work ! the rust is very realistic.

Look great Marcus, can I ask where you got the tractors from?

Hi Mate

I've had them a while mate. They are Ertl 1:64 scale. You would think they were a little over size for OO but if you compare with the Siku 1:87 below its not that far out. Especially as the Siku model is a bit on the small side.

The Massey Ferguson 698 I've had since I was about 18. I bought more for the fact that my mates got one and he's had it for about 30years. It's a bit long in the tooth now but it still goes well and I still drive it now and again. Should have been driving it this weekend making Hay but unfortunately we've had yet another deluge of Rain overnight.

As for the model I would like to have a go at detailing it up at some stage. Adding glazing and wing mirrors amongst other things.

post-18515-0-85355100-1468076892_thumb.jpg

If your interested you'll probably be able to get hold of them easier than me as looking on eBay they're mostly American listings.

If you happen to come across a Case Iternational MX Maxxum whilst your looking I would be very interested in that as that is my other mates tractor which I drive regularly.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

The barn looks stunning, well done mate! Thanks for posting the step by step updates. They're really helpful for a novice like me!

Hi Sam

Think you might be doing yourself a diservice there mate. I could never do a respray job like you've done on that NR test train. Definitely not the work of a novice. Think everybody's got there talents in certain areas.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Sam

Think you might be doing yourself a diservice there mate. I could never do a respray job like you've done on that NR test train. Definitely not the work of a novice. Think everybody's got there talents in certain areas.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments.

Cheers

Marcus

Ha. Thanks for the compliment, but you haven't seen the mess I'm making of the current repaint project! P.S. The local chemist had some glycerine so I have a mini forest drying after a good soak. Edited by sdw7300
  • Like 1

I think I may have got carried away with this barn building buisness. The moral of this story is don't spent to long looking in your off cuts box. After posting the pictures the other night on here I realised that there was enough room for another building in the corner.

This time I went for something a bit more rustic and simple than the other barn.

I've spent the weekend working on it using the same techniques as the previous one.

Here's a few pictures of how the farmyard looks now.

post-18515-0-22938700-1468346082_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-36587200-1468346094_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-61897900-1468346108_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-63149900-1468346122_thumb.jpg

I've added some greenery round the edges of the buildings. Once that's dried I want to add some loose straw to the floor of the small barn where the bales are stored. I'm thinking of using small lengths of bristle trimmed of a cream coloured paintbrush.

Apart from the barn of also added some detail to the MF698 tractor. This consisted of glazing, wing mirrors and an open back window.

I'll have a go at adding the straw tomorrow.

Cheers for now.

Marcus

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

You just had to go one better, didn't you :D

That looks just right, a big barn for livestock and a little cattle shed / storage for machinery and feed.

Absolutely brilliant.

Al.

You just had to go one better, didn't you :D

That looks just right, a big barn for livestock and a little cattle shed / storage for machinery and feed.

Absolutely brilliant.

Al.

Cheers Al. I think the modelling mojo went into overdrive Friday night. I will be glad to get that corner finished though. Just a bit precarious balancing on a stool to reach over!! :O  :O Especially with my belly. :D

• Like 1

Hi Marcus,

I've just caught up, don't get as much time as I would like to but your layout is looking fantastic. The scenics are really bringing it all together and the buildings/structures getting added really look the part. Nice selection of stock to.

All the best

Mark

• Like 1