Marcus 37

Hi there I'm Anthony, Marcus's son. I have now created my own login so I can post on here as I'm helping to build Peak Dale Wood. I'm hoping to film the progress of the layout as it is built. I shall look forward to getting to know you all. 

Cheers

Anthony.

• Like 7

Hi Anthony, Great to have you helping the OLD MAN and probably showing him the way, hahhah, I'm looking forward to some Video as well, I may have some from Peak Forest from a few years back, I will try and find it.

All the best.

• Like 4

Judging from the vid, I think Anthony/Marcus need to install some shelving or cupboards for all the locos, it's like a modern Vic Berry's! (almost) :O

The video's great, duly liked and subbed.

Jack.

Morning Chaps

Well Anthony will be pleased when he sees the response to his first post and his videos. He's been a diamond so far helping with the layout. Especially with the track laying and carving the rock faces.

Anyway I've just done the bit I was dreading on the box. Fitting the ends to the hip roof. Again I've found the foam board to be the perfect modelling medium as if you do get you're dimensions slightly wrong it can be easily corrected without any trouble by gently carving away at it.

As you can see from the second picture the roof is completely detachable so I can access the inside of the box to do the interior.

Now that the main structure is complete I can start adding the finer details before attacking with the paint brush.

The roof on the prototype is felt so I'm thinking along the lines of using Fine wet and dry to represent this unless anyone knows of anything better. Let me know if you do please.

post-18515-0-48387700-1428830719_thumb.jpg

Completed roof

post-18515-0-34501400-1428830751_thumb.jpg

Roof detached.

Yesterday afternoon we laid some more track including the storage sidings and the unloading roads as far as the point work at the end of the quarry. Today I shall have a go at getting the tunnel mouth into position and cutting some PIR to fit over the top. Will post some pictures later.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 5

Judging from the vid, I think Anthony/Marcus need to install some shelving or cupboards for all the locos, it's like a modern Vic Berry's! (almost) :O

The video's great, duly liked and subbed.

Jack.

Yep that's on the agenda Jack. That's only a bit of it. Everything else is boxed on the shelves that are full!! LOL

Anyway you still need something out to play with, errrrrm, I mean test the track.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Hi Anthony here,

With the new layout coming along nicely I thought it would be a good idea to start a YouTube channel called Peak Dale Wood specifically for videos of the layout. Here is a link to the channel where you will find the first video Peak Dale Wood Part 1.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcgrLGMe8B5qh68TU7C5kIA

Shortly after making the film my new class 31 decided to go up in smoke and is now on holiday in Margate having a new decoder fitted. Once dad has done some tidying up tomorrow I'll do some more filming which will include some of the new scenery.

Cheers,

Anthony

Hi Anthony, I missed this one this morning, now that I'm awake properly I've found it and its really good, some wonderful stock on there as well.

Well done gang.

Thanks Folks.

We've been working on the scenery round the tunnel this afternoon. The PIR has been cut to shape with the rock faces carved in the appropriate places. The tunnel mouth is in situ and all clearances have been checked with the longest stock and the vehicle with the biggest overhang. At the moment it's all just tacked in place as we will need to extract the tunnel mouth to clad it and paint it now we know it's clearances are OK.

Will post some pictures after tea.

Cheers for now.

Marcus.

• Like 4

Good Evening

Here's some pictures as promised.

First up a couple of box pictures of the box with the felt roof added.

post-18515-0-53425700-1428876185_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-37056700-1428876231_thumb.jpg

And now some pictures of tonight's running session. After a good days modelling it was nice to have a bit of a play.

post-18515-0-61600000-1428876366_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-73907700-1428876412_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-53971200-1428876462_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-39328500-1428876512_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-35114400-1428876600_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-33342800-1428876651_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-14680500-1428876714_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-98288800-1428876762_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-63968200-1428876817_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-58616800-1428876857_thumb.jpg

Anthony's currently in the process of putting some video together so he will post a link to it later.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

is that you in the loco cab in the background picture?

it certainly looks like you, but not the 'you' i know, he looks a thinner, younger, fresher faced, more head of hair version of you!!

Edited by big jim

Superb video I like the arriva mk2s wouldnt mind a set myself

David

Hello David

Sprayed those up years ago when the top & tailed 37s worked on the S&C.

Unfortunately the Arriva logos are a bit crude as they weren't licensed at the time so had to make them myself.

Used to run it top and tailed as well with a Bachmann 37 on the front and a Limby on the back. As the Bachmann loco was slightly faster it kept the couplings taught so ran very well.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1