Odd wagons of the UK

844fan

4 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

From the one similar tank I recorded (Barry and Warrington) these 6xxx numbers were the original numbers when they were owned by SMBP. The TOPS plates reflect the Lion emulsion ownership. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/lionemulsionstsv

Will have to encourage Dapol to do them when the 7mm anchor mount is produced - possibly a good one for Tower to do as they seem to like more unusual one off from Dapol. 

Paul 

I’ve pre-ordered some to repaint in Manchester Oil Refinery and Burmah livery, maybe also one as a BR creosote tank? 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 17:29, 101 said:

I was thinking of posting this 

It was sat outside the traincrew building at AD jct for a couple of years - It was there when I retired a few years ago , it could still be there!

Nice, and interesting that it got another coat of paint. Also interesting to see the end dropped down.

Paul

• Like 2

On 22/09/2021 at 18:04, montyburns56 said:

These truly are self tipping wagons......

MRA wagons Oddingley 2002 by Dave Gomersall

Oddingley derailment 23 6 02 1

I always thought that Mermaid wagons with their manual tipping mechanism were more character forming.

There were little anchors you could attach to the rails before tipping them too, not that we ever used them.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Unusual in that it's one of the few wagons with an xxF TOPS code. Tank ADB999089 coded ZRF at Hoo Junction October 1983:

987947285_N22_0018ZRFADB999089tankHooJnOct83.jpg.7c6e48b93621e83fa9f2165ce8491f78.jpg

F, G and H denoted some special kind of vacuum brake as far as I remember - F vac-only, G plus air pipe and H dual braked like the YGH Seacows.

• Like 4