MRJ 239

Zero Gravitas

• RMweb Gold

Blimey - no sooner than I'd finished with 238, then 239 pops through the letter box...

Contents:

Small Supplier Forum

The LMS Van (continued from 238) - Mick Moore

A Class 25 for Hebble Vale Goods - Karl Crowther

St Ruth - Andy Carlson

The Making of Hemyock - Chris Lamacraft

Paint, And a Small Piece of Glazing - Steve Cook

Water Tower at 75F - Ralph Burrows

Railex 2015

Three Welsh Wagons - Paul Tasker

Arun Quay - An Introduction (Gordon Gravett)

Letters

Diary

Just off for a bit of a read...

ZG.

Just dropped on the mat, along with Narrow Gauge Review no. 102!

Gordon Gravett's next project after Pempoul, Arun Quay, looks interesting.

• RMweb Gold

The 2mm model St Ruth (Penzance) is a ten page delight.

Also the continuation from MRJ 130 of Chis Lamacraft's 'Hemyock is lovely 'eye candy'

The neat fold-up undercarriage of Gordon G's Arun Quay (7mm) is very interesting.

Another excellent issue.

WHAT!!!!!      I just picked 238 up in Glasgow Central station yesterday and haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Blimey

Must renew my subs.

Dave Franks.

You do not have any time for reading.

You better get on with producing the items in the Small Suppliers Review.  :O

I do like the Rat. Very tasty.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

Blimey - no sooner than I'd finished with 238, then 239 pops through the letter box...

Contents:

Small Supplier Forum

The LMS Van (continued from 238) - Mick Moore

A Class 25 for Hebble Vale Goods - Karl Crowther

St Ruth - Andy Carlson

The Making of Hemyock - Chris Lamacraft

Paint, And a Small Piece of Glazing - Steve Cook

Water Tower at 75F - Ralph Burrows

Railex 2015

Three Welsh Wagons - Paul Tasker

Letters

Diary

Just off for a bit of a read...

ZG.

And after the comments in the past about it appearing late, this one seems to have arrived 2 weeks before the date given in MRJ238.  I'm not complaining about that.

Adrian

You do not have any time for reading.

You better get on with producing the items in the Small Suppliers Review.  :O

I do like the Rat. Very tasty.

Bernard

Oh Thanks. It's incredible how quick the magazine has been put together, it seems like only last week I sent the piccies in.... But all items are in stock and available on the website.

Dave Franks

Working on the next bufferstop, can you guess what it is yet?...

No-one has credited the guest editor [barry Norman] so far.  He has assembled an eclectic mix.

Mr Franks's new brake cylinder looks most attractive, as does Karl Crowther's extensive blending of rival Class 25s to make one very good one.  There is quite an art in that part of the hobby and it is a matter of some regret to me that many of the skilled craftsmen who do that sort of thing no longer inhabit this forum.  The article is a very good use of eight pages.

St Ruth has always struck me as one of the better presented 2mmFS layouts around and it was good to read more about it.  My admiration of what the exponents of that discipline do is no secret and I have to convince myself once more that those pink things sticking out form my hands are not all thumbs, however they may behave.

The preview of Chris Lamacraft's Hemyock is well timed for its appearance at ExpoEM.  I must ask him if he has ever thought of making one or more of his milk tanks self propelled to replicate the gravitation move out of the creamery.  Although of a later period, Steve Cook's "Paint, and a small piece of glazing" chimes well with Hemyock because of the presence of two Hornby Thompsons on the branch in its last year or so of passenger service.  I always like reading about what other people have done to coaches.  In this case it is applying well-placed and well-chosen finishing touches which gild an already impressive lily.  What Steve does not tell us is whether the glazing comes out without major carnage: I suspect not.

As if all that were not enough, Gordon Gravett's new project already looks interesting and will become more so as it progresses.

A good issue indeed.  Apologies for rubbing it in to those who haunt their local newsagent with increasing desperation.

Chris

Cant wait to see what Gordon is up to! Will it be possible to top Pempoul?

By the way, I am going to London for the weekend and planned to go to the Ian Allen Stor to to get the latest issues of MRJ. Anyone know how many back issues Ian Allen usually have in stock?

• RMweb Gold

I'm hardly near London but I do keep in stock all available back issues of MRJ at all times.

East side of Bath, a pleasant HST journey and a walk or two away from Waterloo....

http://www.titfield.co.uk

Apologies for advertising myself but I'm not sure anyone else holds all the back isues.

I'm attending Expo EM and Railex too if that were of any help in this context.

Simon

If it's the Waterloo branch, they don't keep back issues. Any unsold copies get sent back to Wild Swan / Cygnet.

Any shops in London that might stock back issues of MRJ?

• RMweb Gold

Given that most, if not all, model railway shops in London have gone to the grave, I'd say the chances of that are very small indeed.

What's your definition of London? Does it include Sidcup (London Borough of Bexley, Invicta Model Rail) and St Mary Cray (London Borough of Bromley, Kent Garden Railways)?

What's your definition of London? Does it include Sidcup (London Borough of Bexley, Invicta Model Rail) and St Mary Cray (London Borough of Bromley, Kent Garden Railways)?

Two model shops doth not a stockist of MRJ back issues make.

Archived