New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

• RMweb Premium

Well my bet is still on with the hints it's Infernal Combustion for DEMU, roll on the simplex 5 ton ;)

So what are the hints? AFAIK all that has been said is that there is announcement and that it will be on the 30th....

• RMweb Gold

So what are the hints? AFAIK all that has been said is that there is announcement and that it will be on the 30th....

Ok wild speculation and froth on here, it was just a bit of fun putting in a certain no no ;)

• RMweb Gold

And "why is it not delivered yet?"

Stewart

And no doubt some who will want to know why it wasn't delivered before it was announced (but maybe it has been?).  And don't forget the price question - if it's more than £5/12/11 it's bound to be seen by some as a rip-off.

BTW as it's likely to be a machine with prototype infernal combustion origins (or no combustion at all?) I wonder if it's one that ran in green livery at one time and even had the right sort of transmission - if it had a voith of its own maybe it could tell us?

• RMweb Gold

As for a sweepstake  -  do we think that the Hornby announcement of the Collet bow-ended, standard 57 ft coaches was their attempt at a spoiler, or will they announce something else on Thursday or Friday ? 

Probably......

Not going this year - but counting the days!

• RMweb Gold

As for a sweepstake  -  do we think that the Hornby announcement of the Collet bow-ended, standard 57 ft coaches was their attempt at a spoiler, or will they announce something else on Thursday or Friday ?

Ah no!

Its the start of new co-operative ventures - a Class 119 DMU from Bachmann to be accompanied by a matching green Hawkesworth composite from Hornby

Ok I can dream...

Phil

• RMweb Premium

TPE 185 please.

Ian

Given Bachy's tie-up with Siemens on the 350, then the 185 may be a good bet.

Only one livery so far (apart from the few delivered/tested in plain blue), but a future bet for alternate liveries as and when franchises change hands.

Other links to previous releases - how about a 172?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Ah no!

Its the start of new co-operative ventures - a Class 119 DMU from Bachmann to be accompanied by a matching green Hawkesworth composite from Hornby

Ok I can dream...

Phil

Or a GWR twin set Railcar from Bachmann with  a Hornby Collett in similar livery.

Keith

Ten* pages and I don't think anyone mentioned the Western Pullman!

* EDIT: Eleven!

(That wouldn't have happened in the old days. Someone would have tentatively suggested it followed by pages of diatribes why a B*** P****** would never be done.)

Not that I think it's a high probability, since the "collectors' edition" Midland Pullman set (book and figures, etc) has been announced and were one announced sales of one would certainly cannibalize sales of the other.

What's not clear to me is whether there are two separate things or one thing

- a new model to be announced at the DEMU Showcase

- a new feature never previously introduced in a Bachmann Collectors' Club model

They seem to have been conflated here.

I've got it, I've got it, I've only gone and got it. It's going to be a loco/coach/unit that we wil all hate/love/not bothered some people will complain because wrong colour/wrong era/wrong amount of widgets and thingybobs (delete as appropriate)

• RMweb Premium

And no doubt some who will want to know why it wasn't delivered before it was announced (but maybe it has been?).  And don't forget the price question - if it's more than £5/12/11 it's bound to be seen by some as a rip-off.

BTW as it's likely to be a machine with prototype infernal combustion origins (or no combustion at all?) I wonder if it's one that ran in green livery at one time and even had the right sort of transmission - if it had a voith of its own maybe it could tell us?

Ah, but torque is cheap.

Archived