New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

• RMweb Premium

All this talk of possible new models. The wording of Bachmann's announcement is pretty clear to me that we will see a new model on 30th, so not a new announcement. If a loco, that to me means something for which tooling already exists and this is a new version/livery.

Guest spet0114

....It's going to be a loco/coach/unit that we will all hate...

Oh, you mean a Class 142 then?

hopefully those who seem to ream off ad infinitem "and it wont be long before we hear some people declaring nothing in it for me" will now be bored of hearing themselves saying the same thing all the time and we can just welcome a brand new model of whatever era it is. 

• RMweb Premium

Ooooh a wish list in that case I will say class 303.

But then that's what I say on every wish list.

I'll join you Darrel, but sadly I doubt it'll happen

Anyway, as reluctant as I am to give Bachmann any further exposure, joining in the 11 pages of froth I can tell you categorically it will be too expensive for me !

• RMweb Premium

Bound to be the start of a range of new, superdetailed Bulleid coaches - I started grafting Comet sides onto old Bachy coaches this week......

I am still puzzled as to what the exciting new feature could be? Would provide a clue to the model if we could figure it out!

Mark

I think you are confusing the one of the Bachmann Collectors club models with Saturdays announcement.

Bachmann Collectors club May email newsletter stated:

We have an exciting line up of new limited edition models ready to be unveiled in the summer edition of the Bachmann Times. With models to excite both N and OO scale collectors, these items are sure to add a touch of luxury to any model railway collection. One of these items will also be available with an exciting new feature, not previously seen on a Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition model, so be sure to listen out for details of our latest models and don't delay in placing your orders to ensure you don't miss out!

You may be right but the advert in model rail States Bachmann are always working on new and innovative developments which along with the wording for the Bachmann collectors club suggests to me at least the model is being released in the main range and also a version maybe a different livery is being released by the collectors club.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

One of these items will also be available with an exciting new feature, not previously seen on a Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition model.

Maybe it's an anti-ebay profiteering self destruct mechanism?

Cheers,

Mick

I wonder if the new innovation could be DCC decoupling?

Although this may be tricky to retro-fit on previous models, including all the coaches and wagons, it gives a new dimension of operation for picking up and releasing whole train formations.

I think there's no guarantee it will be a loco or a rolling stock item... so how about working crossing barriers with DCC sound and the collector's club model being gates? :)

If it is a loco or DMU, I wonder if a 155 - Hornby do the 153 and the 155 hasn't been around for ages...

Not long to go but I hope everyone is happy, whatever it/they is/are?!

Cheers,

Ixion.

One of these items will also be available with an exciting new feature, not previously seen on a Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition model.

Maybe it's an anti-ebay profiteering self destruct mechanism?

Cheers,

Mick

That's not new!

Some Bachmann N class, Hornby 31s and Heljan 47s have this exciting feature!

RP

Archived