Bachmann Delays...will products ever arrive?

DaveClass47

It's a debatable point as to how much of a blockage there's ever been. Sure, some announcements take longer to reach the point of delivery than others but the attached document showing items released by month since Jan 2013 shows that's there's been a consistent level of new products available for retailers to stock.

Bachmann review release dates - revised.doc

• Like 1

I must admit my Bachmann purchases have been slightly on the up this year compared with last. That may be more due to my southern and NRM bias though. But overall, nothing that would hint Bachmann were slacking.

2014:

Class 40 blue

1F tank loco BR early

Inspector Saloon

All the above were impulse purchases.

Bachmann C class 271 in SECR colours pre-ordered

4 port hole coaches in BR colours

2015 (so far):

E4 SR green - pre order

E4 LBSCR - impulse

E4 BR early - impulse for DCC sound conversion

C class late BR - impulse for sound conversion

20140 - impulse purchase due to tops number on fading BR green replaces ageing Lima model

7F - impulse bargain purchase

NRM C1 Atlantic - pre order (2nd person to order one!)

3 WD WWI tankers

However for Pre orders I have:

6 birdcages

1 Brighton Atlantic

1 SR CCT

2 mk2Fs

Only the latter pair I will expect in the near future, the rest 2016 or 2017.

• RMweb Gold

Are any currently in a container at Tianjin?

Mark Saunders

Only a matter of time before somebody posed that question I suppose.But seriously do any of our firms use that particular gateway? I suspect not.

What an appalling tragedy and cataclysmic loss of life and destruction.Apparently,the local TV station went on showing a Korean soap opera through it all.Anyone feel like carping over the cost of our hobby at this moment?

• RMweb Premium

'Trenches' beneath the cant rail grilles. 'Rail Express' (August 2015) bought this up in their review of the latest 'dutch' release. Only two ticks out of five!

I think 2 out of 5 is a bit harsh of them. I like good, robust reviews, equally I like a bit of perspective and sometimes reviews can end up going over the top with criticism I think.

I saw proper pictures of the mainline one on mremag, and it looked ok.

tBh I'll still buy these two as I've been waiting along time for these, I didn't order the Dutch one as the mark up for sound put me off and I'm not really bothered about having it just yet.

• RMweb Premium

'Trenches' beneath the cant rail grilles. 'Rail Express' (August 2015) bought this up in their review of the latest 'dutch' release. Only two ticks out of five!

That is strange, because according to posts on that thread, the Model Rail L/E 37068 does not have them. I thought Bachmann had only one body tooling for 37/0s that allowed the split or centre headcode fitted cabs to be added. So if 37068 is correct, why not the standard releases?

I have managed to squeeze a bit of modelling time in and unpacked my 37174 and 37242 and I am generally very pleased with them. However has anyone else noticed if the buffers sit slightly above horizontal. I noticedt with 174 straight away then after a few minutes noticed 242 was the same. Just wondering or if it is just mine after a trip in the post.

A bit of background research has taken place to look at this in graphical form over the years.

Bachmann Releases bar chart.jpg

This excludes any items commissioned by individual retailers/museums etc and train sets. The 2015 data includes what is currently appearing in magazines for review.

I've updated the earlier document - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/99124-Bachmann-delayswill-products-ever-arrive/?p=1976603

A bit of background research has taken place to look at this in graphical form over the years.

attachicon.gifBachmann Releases bar chart.jpg

This excludes any items commissioned by individual retailers/museums etc and train sets. The 2015 data includes what is currently appearing in magazines for review.

when its labelled as 'Bachmann Branchline' is that just OO gauge releases and presumably not including Graham Farish N gauge too?

Having lived in the USA (off and mostly on since 1989) I now find the term  “Wagons” for Freight car’s quaint. Wagons towed by horses are what our cousins used to use to cross the prairies...

Words are such strange things sometimes.

Best, Pete.

Pete,

with respect, had America invented the railway then it could call them what it wanted. The fact is that it did not. Britain did. We call them wagons.

Of course, 'caboose' makes far more sense than guards van to me.... (that is a something we call irony or sarcasm here btw).

With apologies for the o/t. It shall be my only one and I could not realistically be expected to miss that response.

Edited by Derekstuart

Yeah, right.............calling it quaint called for sarcasm. Btw I am British, though sometimes I regret that fact.

Never mind, I’ll still buy you a pint one day - over here we still use the original “Gallon” as defined from an original statute in Queen Anne’s day.  

I’m sorry I meant to add that “caboose" is originally a Dutch word and joined the English language about the same time as “Sloop” - it is also nautical and was originally the galley.

As you know distances are far greater over here and when cabooses were in standard use they were also used to cook food for the crew - there being no “cafe’s” for hundreds of miles, possibly.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

I regret it that you find it regrettable to be British.

However, I fear that as this is a thread that is being watched closely by the forum commandant, further discourse of an off topic nature may well lead us both to be ex members.

If you wish to trade insults between the Empire and the colony and its illegal act of independence, we should find an alternative location. As for accepting your offer of a pint- well we have half litres of genuine British lager, such as Kronenourg or Stella etc.

EDIT: It seems that someone has not understood British humour, which is based on irony and sarcasm. Oh well- back to topic.

Edited by Derekstuart