Round & Flat top JJA Autoballaster 38-211/2

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I've had an email from a well known Liverpudlian retailer charging my card for 3 more JJA's!

Hopefully delivered in time for me to hand to my missus to wrap up and put under the tree.......

Hattons are showing them in stock - hopefully the round top is also near.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Without wishing to start anything like that at got the other thread locked, the wagons are in stock now then ie, in the country?

Cheers.

Bluebird.

Yes. Hattons are showing them in stock. 38-211 flat top. They are listed as "inner" wagons, but as has been done to death elsewhere, there is no such thing as an "inner" JJA.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news. Any news if the other ones are in? I dont really like the 'look' of the flat tops aginest the curved ones.

Bluebird,

More froth.

Bachmann website showing 38-212 curved top as "having arrived in the last 30 days", but no sign of 38-211 flat top...... :huh:

I've not yet come across a pic showing a full rake of rounds, or for that matter, four flats with a round top generator. But no doubt that pictures will be out there. I'm going for a mix as it breaks up the uniform look to them all.

Note: - HQA rakes are all round top, so please don't compare to them.

Cheers,

Mick

They seem to be moving fast, at least in that well-known box-shifter already mentioned, limited stocks showing. I suspect we may need to get in quick or reserve with your local model shop.

All gone at H****ns (at the moment) - just hope I bagged 2 of the last 4 left

The MODS will hate me for this but......latest from Hattons. A small batch of Bachmann 38-211 arrived at 1134 yesterday and are no all sold out. They are still awaiting the 38-212 and more of the latte, althought the Bachmann site does state within the last 30days for the 38-212 they are not currently in stock at hattons. Emails to those who have pre ordered will be sent out as soon as they are in etc.

Bluebird.

With regards to the above their not 100% sure yet, not opened box.

Edit at 1500, RoS Have the 38-212 in stock and are sending out to preoders. however do not have the 38-210 genny sets they are sold out and arent expected until next year.

X4 38-212 ordered from RoS and x1 38-210 Genny ordered from Hattons.

Xmas have come early!!!

Bluebird.

I am just back from my Christmas visit to family which meant I could also call in to see Richard at the Train Shop in Morecambe. I already had a generator wagon reserved for me and had asked for 2 flat and 2 curved as well to make a mixed rake for use on Rannoch. Its often the case when I turn up that Bachmann have just delivered and I got a nice suprise to find that the 2 flat top wagons were also set aside for me when I went in so at least I have a rake of 3 to play with on my layout. If you do want the flat top ones or the genny one then try Richard as his prices are very good especially when compared to the 2 well know box shifters. My only connection is as a very satisfied customer over the many years hence my long trips to the shop! Will add some photos when I get chance.

Thanks,

Mark

All gone at H****ns (at the moment) - just hope I bagged 2 of the last 4 left

Did you get your wagons? When I ordered on the 14th, there were 4 left in stock but they're only sending the generator wagon. (Which has yet to arrive).

Hopefully they come into stock soon.

Andy.

The railway shuts down for 'engineering work' at xmas only proper we recreate it in model form :D

Bluebird.

I have my generator wagon and all sorts of locos just waiting to get loaded up..

They look great in the vid above, they'll be top and tailed by 66's for me...

Also need a trainload of Seacows....

Just hope the postie manages to get them to me...

Archived