Shawplan

Doughnut

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how to contact them?  I'm only after some EE worksplates for my Deltic, but cannot get any reply; having phoned for the last two days and e-mailed to Extreme etchings.  Do they only sell to shops and wholesalers, or to the general public too?

Dave

• RMweb Premium

HI Dave,

They do sell to the public, but I suspect that it may only be a part time business,  I think Brian may have another job as well. He may also be busy at the moment getting ready for the Wigan show this weekend.

I can only suggest you keep trying him on the phone, you will catch him eventually, or see him at a show.

HTH

Moxy

Tried again this morning to phone them......improvement.......it's now an answerphone message saying they can't be reached.  Ludicrous!! Given up as a bad job!

A businessman who ignores his customers won't be a businessman for much longer.

• RMweb Gold

Tried again this morning to phone them......improvement.......it's now an answerphone message saying they can't be reached.  Ludicrous!! Given up as a bad job!

Shawplan was at the Wigan show all weekend and was probably still travelling back today.

I've made Brian aware of this thread.

Patience is a virtue and everybody seems to want everything yesterday nowadays. No body knows why sometimes it is difficult to contact people but there is normally a good reason. People should learn to chill out more before moaning and groaning

Patience is a virtue and everybody seems to want everything yesterday nowadays. No body knows why sometimes it is difficult to contact people but there is normally a good reason. People should learn to chill out more before moaning and groaning

Quite happy to wait for my order....would like the oppertunity to make one!!

• RMweb Gold

Fair enough but, the previous poster mentioned an answerphone message stating the gentleman couldn't be contacted.

Might it not be better for all concerned if the message included a short explanation of the reason? 

John

• RMweb Gold

I've placed many an order by the age old letter, Brian's responses are always quick that way, normally within ten days max.

I often save up my Shawplan needs until he's at a show and buy in bulk, I always buy more than I need - I have almost all Western nameplates now!

The quality and diversity are the strength and worth the wait - Some Shawplan items are listed on eBay via Peterspares, and some from Howes of Oxford. OK you won't pick up nameplates and works plates that way, a letter will work I'm sure.

A satisfied long-term customer with no association with Shawplan.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

In Shawplan's defense, this is taken straight from the home page of their website. Quite clear I think.

Please note!.. Shawplan is a one man operation and whilst every effort is made to answer telephone calls and emails there will be times during busy exhibition periods when it is simply not possible to answer all enquiries.. my apologies in advance for this!

*There will be limited (if any) telephone service on the Friday prior to and the Monday following an exhibition

If Brian is reading this by any chance; is there any news on when the Laser glazing for the Lima / Hornby Railcar will be ready?

• 6 months later...

I placed an order two months ago via email, no response.  Follow-up emails, again no response whatsoever.  Numerous telephone calls made (I've lost count), and absolutely no answer whatsoever.  No recorded message either to advise of any issues. 

I fully understand that Shawplan is a one man band, and I have every sympathy for anyone working in those circumstances, as I am in a similar situation myself so I know what it can be like sometimes.  However, if I ignored my customers for two months then I simply wouldn't have a business to wake up to on a Monday morning for very long.

I give up. 

What are Fox's nameplates like, any good?

I sent a 7mm query via email and got no response about 6 months ago - I sent a follow up and also got no reply. I appreciate 7mm might not be their main area of business but they do a fair bit of it. It is a pity service is a bit random and can make you go elsewhere. I appreciate from threads above that it is a one man operation but in any business customer service needs to be good quality. It is a shame because the products I have managed to buy (normally at exhibitions) have been very good and well researched.

• RMweb Premium

Having just checked on UK Models website Shawplan will be at the following Exhibtions

Bristol this coming weekend Fri afternoon Sat & Sun 29/30th April & 1st May

Derby the following weekend 7/8th May

Hope it helps

Terry

I have dealt with Brian at Shawplan for years and you don't get a more pleasant person to deal with.

He is a one man band and I have had to try several times to contact him sometimes but always worth it for his products.

Sad to see people getting so impatient and criticising someone who does a great service to the modellers world.

Try calling when Brian is not preparing or is just returning from an exhibition and there is more chance of contact - all the exhibitions he will be attending are on the Shawplan website.

John

• RMweb Premium

I have dealt with Brian at Shawplan for years and you don't get a more pleasant person to deal with.

He is a one man band and I have had to try several times to contact him sometimes but always worth it for his products.

Sad to see people getting so impatient and criticising someone who does a great service to the modellers world.

Try calling when Brian is not preparing or is just returning from an exhibition and there is more chance of contact - all the exhibitions he will be attending are on the Shawplan website.

John

I have met him, and dealt with him.

And I was phoning him for a month!

• 7 months later...

Archived