Correct. A playing career spanning over 50 years.

They had first played together for Hoggersgate United in the 1918 North Durham Challenge Trophy. Sandie Balls would have been there  too in 1968 if it were not for the fact the second world war intervened and when taking the medical for the WVS, Sandie turned out to be Sandy and received a lifetime playing ban from the Durham FA.

Whey Hey, There's another.

Sandy Balls

Aaaaargh, bl**dy footing the ball in a MRJ thread, is nothing sacred? I'll have to cancel my subscription if this keeps up.

W G Grace

I think you may have just started another thread of a different kind for MRJ...how early can you get yours? Those of us in Spain can't play... :no:

Mike

I don't see why not.

I once saw a copy in a newsagents in a suburb of Sydney NSW before my subscription copy had arrived at my home address in the UK.

Idea for another thread. Most obscure location where a copy, of any edition, has been seen on sale.

Bernard

To be sung to the tune DownTown.

With apologies to Petula Clack & Tony Thatch

When you're alone nothing to read on the throne

Cos you can't always get... to Smiths

Can't afford subscription feeding Cygnet Addiction,

It's not in the Library OR Smiths

Just listen to folks in Ealing boast it's on the Top Shelf,

It's turned up in the Smiths at Blyth and the Services at Tibshelf

Who is the editor please?

Is this Iss-ue  worth the dosh?

Does North Wales warrant a mention or is it all tosh?

That's the MRJ

Things will be great with the     MRJ

No finer mag for sure    MRJ

Everything's in there for yoooooooooooou.

Am I the first person to buy a copy of No 250?

I bought it at 9.45 this morning in my local Smiths.

Have you got as far as the contents page yet?   I'm rather keen to find out what lies inside!

Chris

I don't see why not.

I once saw a copy in a newsagents in a suburb of Sydney NSW before my subscription copy had arrived at my home address in the UK.

Idea for another thread. Most obscure location where a copy, of any edition, has been seen on sale.

Bernard

A newsagents in Russell, Bay of Islands, NZ, January 2014. Just a ferry ride from Paihai (pronounced Pie here, by my wife and I) 

• RMweb Gold

To be sung to the tune DownTown.

With apologies to Petula Clack & Tony Thatch

When you're alone nothing to read on the throne

Cos you can't always get... to Smiths

Can't afford subscription feeding Cygnet Addiction,

It's not in the Library OR Smiths

Just listen to folks in Ealing boast it's on the Top Shelf,

It's turned up in the Smiths at Blyth and the Services at Tibshelf

Who is the editor please?

Is this Iss-ue  worth the dosh?

Does North Wales warrant a mention or is it all tosh?

That's the MRJ

Things will be great with the     MRJ

No finer mag for sure    MRJ

Everything's in there for yoooooooooooou.

Excellent rhyme.

'Tibshelf' is an ideal word to rhyme with 'shelf'.

Fantastic.

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to finding a copy of a W.H.Smith in MRJ.

Rob.

I don't see why not.

Bernard

Ealing?

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

As a total interloper on this thread having only read about 2 copies of MRJ in my life properly,  can I just say as a long time and now lapsed reader of Railway Modeller, if this is what happens to you mind when you start reading MRJ full time, i'll stick to my out of scale OO track and scalescenes kits thank you very much :-) Also thank you for sharing that there is a place called shittlehope in the world. I feel like that sometimes trying to cut things out and every monday morning when work comes around again.

Also amused to see Lord York getting sucked in to this as I guess the flip side is Warners would love it if this was the anticipation for an issue of BRM coming out each month. (I know, they cheat by actually publishing to a schedule)

...weren't Tony Shitter, Hilary Black and Piddly Turner the leading run scorers in Coxhoe's 1957 record breaking cricket season?

Cricket; not my game. Wendy (born 1960)was probably Piddley's sister. She taught me a thing or two about crease craft though.

Did I ever tell you how their dads fingers became detached from the rest of him?

P.s. You've got a fortnight to draw up Coxhoe Level Crossings gates in Cad. You will then have them made the following day,

• RMweb Gold

As a total interloper on this thread having only read about 2 copies of MRJ in my life properly,  can I just say as a long time and now lapsed reader of Railway Modeller, if this is what happens to you mind when you start reading MRJ full time, i'll stick to my out of scale OO track and scalescenes kits thank you very much :-) Also thank you for sharing that there is a place called shittlehope in the world. I feel like that sometimes trying to cut things out and every monday morning when work comes around again.

Also amused to see Lord York getting sucked in to this as I guess the flip side is Warners would love it if this was the anticipation for an issue of BRM coming out each month. (I know, they cheat by actually publishing to a schedule)

I think we'll manage without you thanks.

Mike.

Ah - that explains it.

I see there's a considerable infestation of tumuli in the district, hope you took precautions.....

Despite following the instructions I ended up with Throop after passing through Turners Puddle.

Shitlington Crags.

Just up from Blinkbonny cottage were the bunk house is said to be quite comfortable.

On a totally unrelated subject, does anybody know who the latest editor of MRJ is?

Despite following the instructions I ended up with Throop after passing through Turners Puddle.

Just up from Blinkbonny cottage were the bunk house is said to be quite comfortable.

On a totally unrelated subject, does anybody know who the latest editor of MRJ is?

Iain Rice according to earlier posts......

Archived