The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

evening.  A rather dull and misty day, which didn't deter our passengers at Groudle Glen, where we broke all records for Easter passenger numbers.

It would seem the only photo on our facebook page of me shows my worst side.

Oh, for some reason IE is blocking the photo uploader this evening......you're saved from seeing my backside!

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

It would seem the only photo on our facebook page of me shows my worst side.

Oh, for some reason IE is blocking the photo uploader this evening......you're saved from seeing my backside!

Were you the man in the long black coat leaning in between the loco and coach? I didn't think it was you in the bunny suit.

Well, mi visit to canal boat saw 2 of 4 holes cut, but it also 'allowed' me to discover that the domestic battery bank is not holding charge. Some expense to follow methinks.

Went to local to drown mi sorrows.

Hope everyone else had more productive days. :-)

Night all.

Edited by leopardml2341

Jane reads the epistle on the first Sunday of the month. Brave of her, as she has a slight speech impediment. So for the second time this year, she gets to read "concupiscence". This time she has practiced beforehand, gets it right, and immediately trips over "covetousness". I assume you will all dip into your dictionaries, so won't spoil it for you.

This afternoon was paining people for the beer garden and raising the station platform on Höchstädt - not easy in a restricted site with point lanterns, trees and an Abort to avoid. In answer to a previous comment, not only a beer garden, but also beer steins.

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.  Just finished soldering and will update the layout thread shortly.Good day had by all.  Glad to see that Ian's continuing to improve even if the wine is still rose.  We downed a bottle of pink champagne with our friends last night in sympathy.

Jamie

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Jane reads the epistle on the first Sunday of the month. Brave of her, as she has a slight speech impediment. So for the second time this year, she gets to read "concupiscence". This time she has practiced beforehand, gets it right, and immediately trips over "covetousness". I assume you will all dip into your dictionaries, so won't spoil it for you.

This afternoon was paining people for the beer garden and raising the station platform on Höchstädt - not easy in a restricted site with point lanterns, trees and an Abort to avoid. In answer to a previous c mment, not only a beer garden, but also beer steins.

Bill

Don't know about needng a dictionary Bill it's my Dad's old concordance I want to find, to work out which epistle she was reading from.  However very glad it went well for her, it isn't easy to read aloud in public like that and shows great bravery on her part.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

...This afternoon was paining people for the beer garden and raising the station platform on Höchstädt - not easy in a restricted site with point lanterns, trees and an Abort to avoid. In answer to a previous comment, not only a beer garden, but also beer steins.Bill

I hope you let the people have a drink to ease the pain. On one of our Baltic trips entering the Abort gave a lovely view of railway track.

• Like 2

Don't know about needng a dictionary Bill it's my Dad's old concordance I want to find, to work out which epistle she was reading from.  However very glad it went well for her, it isn't easy to read aloud in public like that and shows great bravery on her part.

Jamie

Jamie,

We use BCP at 8am. Lent 2 was 1 Thessalonians, Easter Day is Colossians.

Bill

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ian's photo of York tends to suggest which hotel he is staying in - looking across the river I suspect.  Hope it's ok under its latest identity as it has a chequered history of ownership.  If I've identified it correctly the last time we stayed there the fire alarm went off at about 03.00 leading to a total assemblage of the guests in various stages of dress/undress in the street outside.  But all was well, as a the Night Duty Boot Boy Manager carefully explained - 'there's nothing to worry about, the fire alarm goes off unexpectedly quite often but we think it will be alright once it's rewired'.  So that was very definitely the last time we stayed there!

G'night all

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Ian's photo of York tends to suggest which hotel he is staying in - looking across the river I suspect.  Hope it's ok under its latest identity as it has a chequered history of ownership.  If I've identified it correctly the last time we stayed there the fire alarm went off at about 03.00 leading to a total assemblage of the guests in various stages of dress/undress in the street outside.  But all was well, as a the Night Duty Boot Boy Manager carefully explained - 'there's nothing to worry about, the fire alarm goes off unexpectedly quite often but we think it will be alright once it's rewired'.  So that was very definitely the last time we stayed there!

G'night all

Wife's work fire alarm isn't averse to going off a 6/6.30am causing a bit of a ruck. No matter how many signs are in the rooms saying "Close the door before taking a bath or shower as the steam can set off the fire alarm". The one that appears on the car park assembly area wearing a towel usually admits to leaving the bathroom door open...............

Before anyone suggests relocating the smoke sensor, they are in the location as advised by the local fire safety officer, despite prior protests that they would be susceptible to false activation from the bathroom.......................

The newer rooms have the smoke detectors about 2m further away from the bathroom door and there are no problems with those.

ER tomorrow, for a 5 minute walk to catch the 0736 towards York Ex.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Stayed in this Park Inn a few times and so far it's been fine.

I remember staying in a Travelodge in Liverpool when the alarm went off in the early hours. The fire brigade found a couple of staggers who had brought a toaster with them for doing an after drinking snack!!!

• RMweb Premium

Morn'all. Mediocre sleep with bizarre dreams, so semi-awake at best...

This afternoon was paining people for the beer garden

ISTR there are suitable Noch figures available for that, aren't there? :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

BL**DY Seagulls!

Woken by a loud noise.. Part of the seagull mating ritual apparently.

Got a good WiFi signal so signed in to see what's going on!

Seems we all had a nice time yesterday.

Back to bed for more sleep!

Have a great Easter Monday everyone

Baz

• Like 16