Kernow Adams O2

I think it's great fun to watch the ship transit half the world to be honest, especially as it's the end of the start of DJM and i can now settle own to produce, supply and manufacture models without the juvenile 'vapourware' tag being labelled towards me by the cyber bullies who don't have the cojones to do it themselves.  (yeah i know, fat chance of that happening eh? lol)

So Churchillian......but he would have used fewer words!

• RMweb Gold

Also seen off Columbo.

HMS Margate is not; repeat not been deployed to sink a certain container ship....

post-14122-0-91900400-1440874633.jpg

• Like 2

Are the ships going through the Suez canal or round the Cape to avoid Somali pirates and Margate cleverly designed sardine cans. Not that it matters as my pre-orders are on subsequent shipments that will have to face the storm tossed late fall Mediterranean or South Atlantic..

Edited by autocoach

Are the ships going through the Suez canal or round the Cape to avoid Somali pirates and Margate cleverly designed sardine cans. Not that it matters as my pre-orders are on subsequent shipments that will have to face the storm tossed late fall Mediterranean or South Atlantic..

Hyundai Victory currently heading for Suez, eta 7/9/2015  20:30. Out of tracking range at present. That of course is the ship, as Station Master points out, the container may or may not still be on board.   Future shipments yet to be announced.  Sandwich Sardine cans (doesn't actually sound much of a threat put like that) and storms permitting. There have been reports of increased  pirate activity in the Malacca Strait  (off Singapore)  This ship has already passed that, but future shipments will have to go that way whether Suez or Cape bound.

A30 alarm still very much 'off'

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

'Hyundai Victory' with, we hope, the first batch of O2s still on board is now on the Suez Canal sailing across the desert !!   The new section of the canal opened on 6th August to enable two way traffic over a larger part of the canal  has not yet been updated on the maps. So Hyundai Victory together with other north bound ships shows up as sailing across the desert. 

• Like 3

I'm afraid further bad news has reached me about the HMS Margate.

The Association of Retired Submarine Engineers, Honourary Officers, Lieutenants and EnsignS has written to me to say that they are believe HMS Margate is not faithful to the prototype. Apparently the bulbous nose shape is approximately 1.2 degrees out. more worryingly, the satellite pictures from google earth quite clearly show a riveted design whereas given HMS Margate has had its deck guns removed (guns being deemed an unnecessary addition to a naval ship given the recent success in commissioning an aircraft carrier without aircraft). On the prototype, decks guns were only removed on the all welded design. RMWebbers have expressed extreme surprise at the quality of the QC processes in Chinese shipyards that could have missed such basic details and are consequently looking forward to major discounts at all major retailers.

[Edit: with apologies to any real ex-submariners. Not a job I could do!]

Edited by Clearwater

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid further bad news has reached me about the HMS Margate.

The Association of Retired Submarine Engineers, Honourary Officers, Lieutenants and EnsignS has written to me to say that they are believe HMS Margate is not faithful to the prototype. Apparently the bulbous nose shape is approximately 1.2 degrees out. more worryingly, the satellite pictures from google earth quite clearly show a riveted design whereas given HMS Margate has had its deck guns removed (guns being deemed an unnecessary addition to a naval ship given the recent success in commissioning an aircraft carrier without aircraft). On the prototype, decks guns were only removed on the all welded design. RMWebbers have expressed extreme surprise at the quality of the QC processes in Chinese shipyards that could have missed such basic details and are consequently looking forward to major discounts at all major retailers.

[Edit: with apologies to any real ex-submariners. Not a job I could do!]

The Association of Retired Submarine Engineers suffers from an unfortunate acronym, does it not? :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Association of Retired Submarine Engineers suffers from an unfortunate acronym, does it not? :jester:

Many years ago when I was helping set up a new organisation in BR I tried to include a position called the Area Rolling Stock and Overhead Line Engineer.

• Like 1

Many years ago when I was helping set up a new organisation in BR I tried to include a position called the Area Rolling Stock and Overhead Line Engineer.

Ha! My favourite (real - allegedly although may be apocryphal) unfortunate acronym was the newly incorporated "City University of Newcastle upon Tyne." Story goes they had stationary printed before they realised.

In mine above, the 'H' was a bit of a stretch to make the spelling of the acronym work. Thinking about it, given submariners often grow beards, I could have made it the "Hirsute Officers, Lieutenants and EnsignS."

I'll get my hat and coat

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

'Hyundai Victory' with, we hope, the first batch of O2s still on board is now on the Suez Canal sailing across the desert !!   The new section of the canal opened on 6th August to enable two way traffic over a larger part of the canal  has not yet been updated on the maps. So Hyundai Victory together with other north bound ships shows up as sailing across the desert. 

Already well clear of the Canal and no doubt vanishing off the screens in a day or so then as AIS cover in the Med along the North African coast is none too good.

• RMweb Gold

As a tease to what is to come when they land soon I have posted some images and a review of sorts,  of my advance K2105 model of 225 on Fisherton Sarum, on my blog here http://grahammuz.com/2015/09/11/the-first-kernow-model-centre-adams-o2-0-4-4t-to-arrive-soon/

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 3

Hi guys, 

Can i just slightly amend with a clarification of Graham's posting above.

The ship docks on the 20th as you all probably know, and have been following across the world. However, docking doesn't mean it's only a few days after then that you get your pre-ordered models.

I've known bad weather and high winds to stop the unloading of the ship by a few days, then the container has to be emptied, and a vehicle allocated to take them down to Cornwall after they clear customs and i pay the bill  :O

So i'm going to take an educated guess now and say that Kernow should get them around the 27/28th and then pre-order customers around 2-4 days later depending on workload.

Nearly here i'm glad to say. :locomotive:

cheers

Dave

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ha! My favourite (real - allegedly although may be apocryphal) unfortunate acronym was the newly incorporated "City University of Newcastle upon Tyne." Story goes they had stationary printed before they realised.

In mine above, the 'H' was a bit of a stretch to make the spelling of the acronym work. Thinking about it, given submariners often grow beards, I could have made it the "Hirsute Officers, Lieutenants and EnsignS."

I'll get my hat and coat

Would that be why the name morphed into Northumbria University.....or are we talking about a different academic institution?

• RMweb Gold

Graham, you mention easy access to plug in a decoder and wiring for a speaker in the bunker. Is there space for a loksound micro in the smoke box and are two of the 6 pins the speaker contacts or do you need to dismantle it to get to them. I'm just wondering whether I stick with my preferred loksound or need to go to a Zimo again like I did with the Beattie.

I only prefer the loksound because I have the full programmer which makes set up so much easier.

Edited by PaulRhB