New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

These ones where taken by my mum and have required quite a lot of photoshopping to get it to a 'usable' standard!

12256695705_9243bd3125_c.jpg

12256707355_0884200380_c.jpg

12257351536_8e6c453239_c.jpg

12257023893_61d224d2e3_c.jpg

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

Does the image by Andy Y point towards an article in BRM in the future? I would love to see it in print, as well as person, as it's certainly one of the best Modern Image layouts I've seen around!

Simon

Probably........!

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Over the last couple of shows, the only niggly problem has been a couple of rail joints that have been suffering the ravages of time - particularly those where the track is curved across a baseboard joint.

The original solution was a copper coated nail, soldered to the rail, but over time, these have either bent or disconnected as the joint between the rail and nail wasn't particularly strong.

The solution isn't pretty, but doesn't need to be, as they are hidden from normal viewing. It is very reliable and this is ahigher priority.

I've cut back the rails to about 2" from the board joint, then I fix a large piece of PCB/copperclad across the joint, using plenty of glue and a few screws. Once it is set, the rails are relaid over the joint and all soldered into place.

The mini dril is next, slicing through the whole assembly. Finally, using a grinding disc in the mini drill to remove thin slots of copper to isolate the rails.

post-408-0-05830300-1394496674_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-27528300-1394496863_thumb.jpg

I have one more joint to do before the trip to BRM Ally Pally in 11 days.

Cheers,

Mick

Kal will be interested in that, he needs a liftable bit, so they stood the yet of time and coped with a nasty curve, sounds good to me. Would also sort where I just caught my jeans on the end and ripped the metal rail out of the plastic track :butcher:

• RMweb Premium

The last troublesome joint - or so I hope - was finally repaired earlier today. Using an identical method as above.

Looking forward to proving it fully under exhibition conditions this weekend at Ally Pally.

Come and say hello - as long as I'm not brandishing a soldering iron, file or large pair of pliers ...............................................

The next 2-3 evenings will be spent sorting and cleaning the stock.

Cheers,
Mick

Archived