New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

Hi Mick & Kev,

The funny thing after following the link on DEMU last night watching NewBryford there was a cracking video of Coppell nearly 30mins worth that I watched. I saw NewBryford for the first time back in the 90's before going to watch the Rovers and Bolden was always a major inspiration. Kev could you imagine Coppell with EWS, DRS and Pendolinos! I'm sure Mick could lend some yellow stuff to run too.

All the best

Mark

Good job I was with you all weekend ( for several reasons!!

I've just seen all the magnificent detail on your layout and it's given that inspiration I realy need to get on with my layout. I would love to make a dual carriageway bridge like that with the sign gantries. Do you have a how to giude or something on how you built something this. Not that I wish to copy yours but instead make my own version for a motorway.

• RMweb Premium

I've just seen all the magnificent detail on your layout and it's given that inspiration I realy need to get on with my layout. I would love to make a dual carriageway bridge like that with the sign gantries. Do you have a how to giude or something on how you built something this. Not that I wish to copy yours but instead make my own version for a motorway.

All the building work is observational modelling, nothing more I'm afraid. I knew where the gantries were on the Mancunian Way and used Google streetview for more detail, including views from under the gantry. The best advice I can offer is to study the real thing and use my build pictures as a guide.

If you want, copy away, I've no issue with that - that's why I post on here, otherwise I'd keep my work to myself!

Cheers,

Mick

All the building work is observational modelling, nothing more I'm afraid. I knew where the gantries were on the Mancunian Way and used Google streetview for more detail, including views from under the gantry. The best advice I can offer is to study the real thing and use my build pictures as a guide.

If you want, copy away, I've no issue with that - that's why I post on here, otherwise I'd keep my work to myself!

Cheers,

Mick

Why thank you ever so much. Your layout is such an inspiration and it has given me the urge to scratchbuild now. Up 'til now I've just been using off the shelf models and card kits which are okay but they lack some personality and difference. Taking pics of the real things are a little tricky for me being in Conrwall! But seeing as google provides the answers I'll take a gander at it.

• RMweb Premium

Why thank you ever so much. Your layout is such an inspiration and it has given me the urge to scratchbuild now. Up 'til now I've just been using off the shelf models and card kits which are okay but they lack some personality and difference. Taking pics of the real things are a little tricky for me being in Conrwall! But seeing as google provides the answers I'll take a gander at it.

Here's an example of Streetview at work. This is of the actual gantry that I based mine on.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Manchester&aq=0&oq=manchestr&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=6.213368,21.555176&vpsrc=6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Manchester,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.47121,-2.239286&spn=0.000013,0.010525&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.47121,-2.239286&panoid=HAqCAdybjZHxXy3DSbpjDg&cbp=12,335.95,,0,-22.5

Like anything, a bit of time playing on the internet researching is quite fulfilling.

Cheers,

Mick

That's great. I did look at going about google streetview but never could take snaps of there. I do know now. When you found something like that gantry, how do you go about making it to 4mm scale. I can't seem to do it. All I can do is measure it and that's about it for me.

• RMweb Premium

That's great. I did look at going about google streetview but never could take snaps of there. I do know now. When you found something like that gantry, how do you go about making it to 4mm scale. I can't seem to do it. All I can do is measure it and that's about it for me.

The height over the road is an educated guess at 17 feet (clearance for 16' trailers....) Width was to suit the road on the layout. By using a number of pictures from different angles, I guesstimated the other dimensions.

Cheers,

Mick

The height over the road is an educated guess at 17 feet (clearance for 16' trailers....) Width was to suit the road on the layout. By using a number of pictures from different angles, I guesstimated the other dimensions.

Cheers,

Mick

Oh right I see how to go about it now. Thanks. I have got some road textures with two/three lanes that I can easily copy for a road surface.

Have you got lots of "homework" :mail:  i use to hate homework.

Now its job reports :drag:

Yep! :drag:

Well, I have my GCSE science entry setting tests on Tuesday and Thursday so have to make sure I know it :rolleyeyes:

Are you going mate?

Mick

Hope you have a great weekend. Having seen the layout up close, I can testify it is well worth a gander. And you are always worth taking the time to say hi to....it's dragging the other half away after that is tricky....still gives me a chance to go have a look around by myself :sungum: ...... :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Mick

Hope you have a great weekend. Having seen the layout up close, I can testify it is well worth a gander. And you are always worth taking the time to say hi to....it's dragging the other half away after that is tricky....still gives me a chance to go have a look around by myself :sungum: ...... :jester:

Just leave the rubber mallet at home.........

Cheers,

Mick

Archived