New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

New Bryford has been out on the road to York over the Easter weekend.

This is it in the van, ready for unloading and setting up (which I had to do mostly by myself due to some of the team underestimating the traffic on the M1/A1.... - thanks to MartinWales for the extra pair of hands lugging the big bits from the van)

post-408-0-16641100-1398118145_thumb.jpg

There was a new addition to the fleet - not the usual yellow or diesel, but still relatively "modern"

post-408-0-27349200-1398118132_thumb.jpg

On Sunday night, we visited the excellent Sidings restaurant for our evening meal, just north of York. We had a couple of distractions, including one of our team waving at his workmates as they passed by

post-408-0-40450600-1398118140_thumb.jpg

And the 91's are that fast, that they distort time and space!

post-408-0-33010700-1398118136_thumb.jpg

Next physical outing for NB is at the DEMU Showcase event at Burton-on-Trent and it will be appearing in print in the next issue of BRM.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

It was a brilliant weekend with Mick, John and Graeme. Thanks Mick for the tuition, it was great fun operating the layout.

Huge thanks for you coming along to have a play with NB and your company over the weekend. I got the general impression that you were having fun when you constantly refused to have a break..........

Thank you also for the taxi services to/from the show. If I ever do a model of a Hyundai on any layout, it'll be complete with a VW GTi front grille on the back seat.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Well , just read your article in the latest issue of BRM. What can I say apart from absolutely surperb! Great photography and a huge inspiration for present day modellers. Nice bonus embedded video with running commentary from both you and Spike. Couple of nice little details that I've never noticed before....

1. The youths.

2. The closed ballast bins on the autoballaster.

See you at DEMU !!

• RMweb Premium

Excellent quality video that Mick. It could have done without the music though! Kev.

BRM's choice of soundtrack - not mine!

Cheers,

Mick

How did you go about Respraying the Mk2s and Mk1s In to Network Rail Livery

I fancy making some for my own layout

Elgan :)

Hi Elgan,

See my Yellow workbench thread - link in the sig below.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick, just read your article in BRM and its so interesting the way is evolved but not lost its original draw for the paying public, (I wont mention the NO NO NO) hahha.

Andy Y's pics are amazing, almost 3D and the colours of the Northern Stuff today is just brilliant, may put some on Swad Lane, it'll make a change from the naughty Ninety's.

All the best and should see you at DEMU.

It is a frightening thought that when NB appeared the first time, Mick and I were both modelling the current scene. I stopped trying to keep up and am still modelling the 'sector years'. I cannot imagine the number of repaints Mick's fleet has been through!! Kev.

• RMweb Premium

It is a frightening thought that when NB appeared the first time, Mick and I were both modelling the current scene. .

And we both had hair.......

Cheers,

Mick

Archived