LT Pannier

Torn-on-the-platform

• 2 weeks later...

Just might add that I'm quite impressed with my first 57XX, and this has encouraged me to delve further online into these machines. Particular commendation should go to the Birmingham Railway Museum for getting a couple of these machines MT276 certification.

Whilst it might be odd for a Northern Scot to say this, I am now convinced as to greatness of these fine locomotives - they're certainly gutsy peformers, as Youtube shall testify!

Just might add that I'm quite impressed with my first 57XX, and this has encouraged me to delve further online into these machines.

Come on in Jim...........the water's lovely! ;)

Regards,

Andy.

Has anyone any advice for fitting a DCC chip to this loco? I have tried to slide a Hornby 8 pin chip into the space in the pannier where the metal weight is cut out but I just end up breaking the solder connections.

Oh dear I have to do the same and I not looking forward to it after the problems I had chipping a 3F. Come on Bachmann please get your act together and make it easier to fit DCC chips to your otherwise excellent locos - bitch & moan over!

Xerces Fobe

Perhaps a scenario where LT handed them over to Glasgow Corporation as part of a major Subway (as its called in Glasgow) rebuild........

Bearing in mind the Clockwork Orange is narrow gauge and seriously restricted in height, that WOULD be a major re-build! :stinker:

• 1 month later...

Dose anyone know if there is a 2nd run on this model as i missed the boat on this one . Need one to add to my LT Pannier collection.

So far i have

2 x Honrby L90

Bachmann L99 and L91

Paul

They're still available if you hunt around.

Thanks for the advice, I managed to fit it in the end. There is a space for the chip in the pannier where the metal weight has been cut short by 3cms. A Hornby 8 pin chip fits neatly in the gap once it has been insulated. The prblem is trying to refit the body to the chassis without trapping the wires connecting the chip to the plug. I unded up coiling (like a telephone handset lead) the deocder wires so they stayed in place and didn't get trapped between the chasis and the body.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old topic but I received an email from Hattons regarding the LT Pannier this evening.

Basically I asked Hattons to keep an eye on it for when it comes into stock - as you do; and the email I received today is that it has been cancelled by Bachmann. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar email? I have one on order from a different model shop (it was cheaper) and not received an email from them as of yet - I did notice the Pannier vanished from the 'Due in 60 days' list last week and I was hoping it was on the boat as it was originally supposed to be out in December according to Bachmann's website. It is still appearing on their product list just as out of stock now which is different to earlier this week.

Slightly miffed if this is the case as it has been ordered for me as my 'main' Christmas Present from the family (belated I know) but turns out socks will be the most exciting thing I get this year. :D

Mods/Admins: If this is the wrong place to ask these questions please let me know and take whatever action is appropriate.

Cheers,

~ Gary

• RMweb Gold

For the truly desperate modeller with very deep pockets, this chap has one at the cost of only a small mortgage.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336d174681

I see he's also got some fascinating BIN prices on Lima coaches - which seem remarkably like the ones he paid somewhat less for at auction very recently, maybe I should have put them on EBay at ludicrous prices instead of putting them in the auction?

• RMweb Premium

The buyer of L94 must have been a determined Bachy collector - that loco was supplied with the old clonky split frame chassis IIRC (I had one, the performance was terrible).

Either that, or there really is one born every minute.....

• RMweb Premium

Basically I asked Hattons to keep an eye on it for when it comes into stock - as you do; and the email I received today is that it has been cancelled by Bachmann. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar email?

Cheers,

~ Gary

Hattons certainly did have them in stock when they were first released, there are photos of the actual model on their ModelTrade.net website here: http://www.ehattons.....aspx?SID=38426. (incidentally this website is always a good place to check for info/photos on now sold out models).

This would not be the first time that Bachmann has either split a production run or planned to produce extra of a particular model - the current weathered mineral 37-377G appeared in two batches some months apart - but perhaps in this case Bachmann did not have enough outstanding orders from retailers to justify the additional production run so cancelled it, in favour of something else?

Just a supposition, but in a way would make commercial sense. Doesn't help those waiting for one of course, such as those who wanted to stay loyal to their regular supplier and who will now miss out. I have to say that, if i really want a model, unless one of my preferred retailers gets it in stock before the box shifters sell out, I go with the box shifter just in case.

Guest dilbert

This would not be the first time that Bachmann has either split a production run or planned to produce extra of a particular model - the current weathered mineral 37-377G appeared in two batches some months apart - but perhaps in this case Bachmann did not have enough outstanding orders from retailers to justify the additional production run so cancelled it, in favour of something else?

More likely that the demand outstripped the retail orders given that this particular item sold so quickly. With the run up to Xmas at the factory starting a few months ago, changing priorities in the MRP schedule (even a minor ones) can cause significant imbalances that become a real pain to manage - the knock-on effects get magnified very quickly, inventory, machine availabilities... It is much easier to include the item in the 2012 production schedule and plan accordingly now by reserving the vacant production slots... dilbert

Chap on the Bachmann stand at Warley said it would be out again in 2012 with a different running number. Hereford Model Centre had some at the show - they might be worth a try. Also, I bought mine from the WHHR in Porthmadog, and they had one left last time I was there. Preserved railways can be good places to pick-up things like this, and any extra cost is helping a good cause. Didcot, the Bluebell Railway and the SVR at Bridgnorth spring to mind.

Good luck,

Paul

Archived