BBC Timeshift - The Model Railway Story

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Ta to Si for the pointer.

Timeshift BBC4 - The Model Railway Story.

Previously mentioned in the musing thread, the programme is finally coming to air. Weds 23 Jan at 2100 BBC4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01q9vhy

"Just don't call them toy trains"

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I didn't produce her (too young) and I doubt I could manage her (too old). :no:

BEE-HAVE yourself!!!! Must admit, I'd have liked to manage her, too ....  :O

Jeff

Oh btw - cheers for the info. Mick (thought I'd better reduce the levity of my post (umm, even that comment is open to misinterpretation!!))

Be fair... from managing Kylie Minogue to building "Leamington Spa" makes him a hero in my book. Kylie Min O Gauge, anyone?

There must be other equally photogenic modellers who would be presentable on the telly, though. Tony Reynalds/ Chris Pendlenton /Tom Mallard / John Hayes / Martin Finney, etc. would have given the programme the high-brow edge to take away the toy-train image

My head is "Spinning Around" with all this about the Aussie Budgie, KM and Pete Waterman.

Regarding the TV show, we in OZ can not access the BBC video so will have to wait and try youtube or something.

Looks like a good program.

Mark in OZ

• RMweb Premium

The trouble with TV "people" is you never quite know if they are being funny or poking fun at contributors.

The title is "The joy of (train)sets" which is an amusing play on "The Joy of sex"   is this the way the programme will go ?

A quote from the website intro.

"This isn't the story of eccentrics in duffel coats hiding in lofts. Railway Modelling is bigger than that and about much more than just trains"

I'm quite looking forward to it. (I hope I get home for 9pm, otherwise it's the iplayer for me.....)

Cheers,

Mick

Archived