Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I just mention to Freebs on his thread. There is a wealth of great work out there. This magazine vote males me think. There are 3 votes. One is for layouts....but 2 are for blogs etc. Freebs, acg_mr, Westerhamstation, Sandside, to mention just a few names.....have modelling work well worthy of an article. And it is easy to do.

For anyone interested......

Look at a couple of magazine, check the similar articles. Read them a couple of times. Work out what YOU like about that article. Then pop up a powerpoint and forward to AndyY. 

If your scared there are plenty of guys on here who are in print, who might be willing to 'proof read' it for you.

You need, facts, products you used, prices ......and a little touch of humour. 

Would love to see some of your work there. Newbryford and AndyP are both 'in print'. Check out their work for ideas.

And just to remind us why I painted the wall...

no graffiti

med_gallery_17883_2760_291398.jpgrmweb2403wall248

signal box on platform

with graffiti 

med_gallery_17883_2760_439611.jpgrmweb2404wall249

those tracks are way too shiny,,,,but some rail side feature are finally get in

med_gallery_17883_2760_155390.jpgrmweb2405wall250

med_gallery_17883_2760_98732.jpgrmweb2407wall252

• Like 3

viewed from the tunnels

the workers....

med_gallery_17883_2760_229391.jpgrmweb2408wall253

vehicles on the roadway above to the right

med_gallery_17883_2760_340413.jpgrmweb2409wall254

and nearby an 03 pulling some preserved wagons...and a GBRF going past in the background......just don't tell Newbryford.......he'll be hijacking them LOL

med_gallery_17883_2760_382613.jpgrmweb2410wall255

the GBRfs

med_gallery_17883_2760_560094.jpgrmweb2411wall256

these buildings are due to go on 'concrete' so are not bedded in

• Like 10

Congrats on 250 pages Jaz & Kal! 

Woo-hoo!

:-)

Scott

oh wow......... thanks I was so busy I had not noticed!!!!!!!....and normally I watch the numbers.........

thanks Scott

• Like 1

Nice set of GBRF locos!! :senile:  :locomotive:

Yes Kal...got some advice from Newbryford and renumbered some of them....he needs to finish the graffiti one when he has a chance as well.

a via from the roadway above....it needs a fence here....but a train spotter would be leaning over anyway.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_105846.jpgrmweb2416wall261

once I get this wall fished....I think some weathering is called for in this area....and some signals....once we know what we should go with....

Kal would like to build them....but you know me....I would happily buy them......

her's one desperate for some weathering

and the trainspotter must be MAD to lean to far over!!!!  :scared:

med_gallery_17883_2760_350483.jpgrmweb2417wall262

I wonder if I sidled up to Newbryford at a show if I could pop this one down and walk off with one of his nice remodelled ones.....

without anyone noticing.......LOL.....Could you imagine the look on his face :swoon: ............this would be my face LOL. :whistle:

actually he might be happy....he is always after new locos to  :butcher: ....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

set further back it does to look so plasticky

and you get a nice view of the high road

med_gallery_17883_2760_272909.jpgrmweb2418wall263

I added some ballast for these pictures...it will come back up when I do the 'concreting' which I had the equipment Jukebox is showing off on his thread....

I would be done double quick!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2760_84985.jpgrmweb2419wall264

• Like 8

viewed from the edge of Kalboro platform

med_gallery_17883_2760_273581.jpgrmweb2420wall265

another viewed from the high road

med_gallery_17883_2760_290162.jpgrmweb2421wall266

new coal wagons

med_gallery_17883_2760_344000.jpgrmweb2422wall267

old coal wagons

med_gallery_17883_2760_141091.jpgrmweb2423wall268

• Like 7

leaning over resulted in this at a strange angle....I could have straightened it.....but the Graffiti wall is nicely displayed....

drunken seagull view perhaps???

med_gallery_17883_2760_641337.jpgrmweb2429wall274

this end of the platform needs to be matched to the recent work at the other end.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

BRM is having a vote for the October entry......two people many of us know are in that shortlist for their layouts.....

I have voted already......

Both of them (you can only vote for one) could do with support....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87624-brm-october-rmweb-edition-choose-your-content/

This is now hotting up.......and your vote could be very important......

A voting campaign (tongue in cheek of course) has broken out.....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64587-westerham-brasted-stations-bill-posters-avoids-capture/page-37&do=findComment&comment=1505310

it has even spread to other layouts........

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82563-the-buildings-of-studley-and-astwood-bank/page-7&do=findComment&comment=1506817

The hospital has finally done the last heart test. There are letting him come home today....so u can guess ill be busy...

The results will take a couple of days....and he has an out patients appointment under the consultant who wasn't happy that we were concerned about my dad having a gen anas BUT meantime he has gone thru the initial pain barrier....so hopefully....all will be well.....

Meantime.......if u have not done so do not forget to vote......hint hint......

Vote for your local sheriff...I mean modeller LOL

Aaaaaaaah....it must be my dad escaping from hospital......he has promised to join the campaign......

poor devil is hobbling as fast as he can.......

.......must dash off to go get him......

So..... What have i missed?

Just had to wade through 5 pages, hadn't realised it was so long since i had been on here.

All work and computers at the moment

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if I sidled up to Newbryford at a show if I could pop this one down and walk off with one of his nice remodelled ones.....

without anyone noticing.......

Which bit of "Don't even think about it" is difficult to understand.............. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

:jester:

Mick

• Like 2