Bachmann Summer 2022 Announcement

younGGuns7

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

There you go.

I'm half expecting an email to drop later today. ISTR last time they were a bit late sending the email. Maybe to stop people sharing the link online.

Jason

Thanks, I had missed that as I was searching for my bin collection day leaflet 

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

I’m still not sure the answer to the question has been given 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can neither confirm nor deny that there was any accurate synergy between the O/P and chat about loads of rubbish that doesn't arrive or depart when expected.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Can we finally have a new tooled GW Saint? I’m still surprised no manufacturers have snapped at the chance given the arrival of Lady of Legend. Failing that a new tool 10xx County would go down a treat with me.

• Agree 2

Two pages of announcement froth and not a single person speculating what might be announced... 😉

Given the recent success of the 812 and the publicity generated by its "tour" around the country, I wouldn't be surprised if a Caledonian Railway 439 0-4-4T appears. It ticks the pretty pre-grouping livery box and it's also a fairly useful "layout loco" for small BLTs.

I reckon the 57xx/8750 will eventually get retooled in the same manner as the J72, but it isn't that long since they last released it. Personally I'd prefer a little more bold thinking and see Bachmann do a 517 or an 850 instead. Whilst post-grouping GWR has gotten a lot of attention from manufacturers, pre-grouping GWR is a different kettle of fish.

I bet we'll see some 009 announcements, but not locos. Potentially modern Ffestiniog "Barns" to go with the Fairlies. 

Modern image wise I can see them giving the Class 57 a do-over, maybe.

Whatever it is I hope it's not more LNER steam- my wallet needs a rest!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, nathan70000 said:

Two pages of announcement froth and not a single person speculating what might be announced... 😉

I’d read this first 😉

28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Stop wishlisting please.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I’d read this first

Read? Before posting? Don't be so stupid man! 😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Reckon it’ll be pretty low key given the issues others are having getting stuff from China  and remember this is the Quarterly announcement . If you look at what Bachmann have brought out in the last 12 months it’s pretty impressive .  812, Precedent ,47,20,24,V2 ,Double Fairlie 

• Agree 3

How about we cut out the middle-men (us) on this bifurcating thread and ask Bachmann to deliver direct?

To here

https://buntersyard.co.uk/oo-gauge-176-scale-rubbish-bins-with-lid-x10---resin-758-p.asp

Or here

https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/lx110-oo-rubbish-skips-pack-of-5-oo4mm176-1335-p.asp

(depending on the volume)

6 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

How about we cut out the middle-men (us) on this bifurcating thread and ask Bachmann to deliver direct?

To here

https://buntersyard.co.uk/oo-gauge-176-scale-rubbish-bins-with-lid-x10---resin-758-p.asp

Or here

https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/lx110-oo-rubbish-skips-pack-of-5-oo4mm176-1335-p.asp

(depending on the volume)

Bachman already do about half a dozen types of bin though....

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Legend said:

Reckon it’ll be pretty low key given the issues others are having getting stuff from China  and remember this is the Quarterly announcement

But as a result they know better than others as they only need worry about three months so stuff is either already on the way or in production to get here in the next three months. 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

. If you look at what Bachmann have brought out in the last 12 months it’s pretty impressive .  812, Precedent ,47,20,24,V2 ,Double Fairlie 

The first two aren’t Bachmann announcements anyway and they have others in progress like the G5 outside their own announcements and possibly more we don’t know about as Locomotion seem to like the shorter period of about a year. 

Just sit back and hope there’s some money left from the electric bills. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Weird - that's actually illegal.  Employees must be given a day off for a Statutory Bank Holiday although if they work on that day it is quite permissible but they are then entitled to a day in lieu of having worked.  What some companies do - including my  final 'big railway' employer is add the Bank Holiday lieu day entitlement to the total Annual Leave but that has to be an addition to that leave and not instead of it.  Legally most UK employees working a 5 day week are entitled 28 days paid Annual Leave per annum - leave in lieu of Statutory Bank Holidays worked should be additional to that.

That's not actually my understanding of the law in this regard (see https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays).

There are no Statutory Bank Holidays in law, only within contracts of employment.  These will vary by employer, but it is common that local government contracts for instance have all the public holidays in them.

There was a big shakeup in employment law on April 1st 2009 where this got sorted out.  I know this because I had to get my employees contracts into a fit state for the change in law that came in at that date and did so on the advice of an HR consultant.

Before that date, if you specifically mentioned in the employment contract Public Bank Holidays (and a good many contracts did in partially lazy style) in the form of your holiday entitlement being (say) "14 days plus English Public Bank Holidays" this would cause said bank holidays to be statutory entitlement plus the other 14 days for a total of 24 (the then minimum).  After that date, the 14 days was your entitlement and the bank holidays would be contractual entitlement over and above the statutory minimum.  Because 14 is less than 28, in law your contract would be superseded in that regard and you would be entitled to 28 days PLUS the bank holidays.  Nasty trap for some employers to fall into, and a great perk for employees of said firms.  It is also "very hard" to retroactively change contracts to the disadvantage of the employee.

You could of course have just written a contract which stated you a number of days leave.  There is no requirement for employers to recognise any Public Bank Holidays, it is just normal form to do so.  We ended up with "just" recognising the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day Scottish Public Bank holidays within their (at least 28 days) entitlement but as Statutory Days, within a new contract to the employees that obviously didn't disadvantage any of them per their previous holiday entitlement and reflected the additional 4 days leave they'd just gained from the change in legalisation.

• Informative/Useful 1