Exactly 4 months left to complete the challenge – so where are you at?

Dave777

60 members have voted

1. 1. Challenge layout status:

• Well ahead and will complete early
    • On target to complete for the deadline
    • Playing catch up but still looking to be completed on time
    • Playing catch up and not sure if I’ll meet the deadline
    • Really struggling and unlikely to meet the deadline, but still planning to complete the layout
    • Definitely won’t make the deadline, but still planning to complete the layout
    • Mothballed it for now, will complete sometime in the future
    • Given up and abandoned it altogether :(

Playing catch up but still looking to be completed on time.

I've changed my focus three times, but now I'm confident - as I'm going on a fact-finding mission on wednesday to the country of my chosen railway's birth & death, that I can design and build a challenge layout, with stock, that will be finished by the deadline.

Overall, cutting it very fine! :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Huge amount still to do on Waton and I also have to titivate and prep Cramdin for a show in September so not an awful lot of time spare. The challenge layout may be in a fit state by the deadline but I'm not really concerned as I am just having a ball building the thing anyway and it will be completed sometime. :)

Cheers

Dave

Well ahead and will complete early

My challenge entry is almost finished, although its at an exhibition in just under 4 weeks so it needs to be!

There's just little details to add now.

(There's a link to the thread in my signature for those interested)

Mike

• RMweb Gold

My original 2010 idea (gateway to the Southern in Cornwall) outgrew the available/specified area, so rather than compromise the model it is now to be a separate layout, having stolen some space from my US HO layout, with which it will share fiddle yards.

I now have a couple of options for 2010 Challenge layouts, and one will emerge shortly on the baseboard already prepared. May be HO US, or On30 US. Since the latter is not actually O scale, but quarter-inch, it does not get the benefit of extra fiddle yard space, of course. Unless, that is, you know otherwise?

• RMweb Premium

Playing catchup but reasonably confident!

Elections here in Burundi are going a little wrong; lots of political offices burning and an average of three or four grenade attacks a night in town. Which means that my family has gone home, I really need to be out of the office and home for nightfall, and social life has stopped.

Loadsa modelling.

Great idea to run a poll, by the way,

George

Guest 30-something

Playing catch up but still looking to be completed on time

Still trying to work out my goods yard buildings on Rockvilla but its all ballasted and works! Or at least it did before the ballasting, then I had to take the layout down to create space for staying guests!

I'll let you know after I have visited Perth on Saturday - Then there will probably be much dashing about, together with much blueness in the air. Since it is the longest day, it won't be too long before it will be too cold to be spending time in the garage - need to be done before that point

I'll let you know after I have visited Perth on Saturday - Then there will probably be much dashing about, together with much blueness in the air. Since it is the longest day, it won't be too long before it will be too cold to be spending time in the garage - need to be done before that point

you need a little space furnace for the garage.

• RMweb Gold

Not many votes yet, but there's a definite bunch of people who seem unsure about finishing - me included! I don't think I'll get the full finished effect but I certainly hope it will be workable by October. The big spanner in the works is the imminent arrival of "offspring V2.0" with the consequent reduction in spare time - we'll have to see how things go...:blink:

Well I've just started building the baseboard for my entry today. That gives me exactly 4 months to build and finish the layout from scratch!! blink.gif

Its only a micro affair though (4 ft x 16 ins with cassettes at each end) so hopefully can make good progress!!

Hi all,

I'm definately "Playing catch up and not sure if I’ll meet the deadline" - been a good while since i did anything to the layout..............bit of 'modellers stagnation' and hoping it will go away soon! Knowing me, i'll probably go completely mad in the last month and get loads done!

As to whether it will be in any way, shape or form "finished" will be a moot point, at least i can take some comfort in the fact that most layouts are never really finished anyway! Will keep going anyway.

Cheers,

John E.

P.S. at least i've now got my holiday out of the way!

Playing catchup but still think I'll complete in time...

Main trackwork is well under way (see latest addition to 'Ians FINAL 2010 challenge'). However, still got the fiddle yard cassettes to make, the dairy to make, a cottage to make,rolling stock to make. locos to convert, rollingstock to convert, the electrics to add and the scenery to finish.... Oh yes - and two weeks holiday in September! Doesn't seem much when I think about it - but after writing it down - well, on with the show!

Regs

Ian

Well mine is (was) going in the right direction but having just moved I have yet to remove it from the black bags I put it in, so not sure what state it is in?!

The stock is all ok can't remeber which box the controller is in!

So when we finish fighting with the council over the not to few things that need repairing/sorting outangry.gif I might resume the build.

Tony

Unfortunately I came down with two serious illnesses and have had to take a load of time out which means that I cannot really complete the layout. Although I have gone back to modelling recently I have been wanting to concentrate on my SNCF layout.

Maybe next year I can have a go at this again.

Archived