EBay madness

Marcyg

If you really want to see madness on eBay you should look at the ridiculously stupidly high prices some people pay for Homepride Freds; her indoors has an extensive collection of them got for small amounts by looking around and not getting carried away, mind you it's very tempting to list the complete collection to fund layout purchases laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Kev

• RMweb Gold

One of the first things we ever sold on Ebay - about 5 years back - was an empty Dinky Toy box, it went for 21 quid. Mrs Stationmaster' friends and colleages didn't believe it possible to actually sell empty boxes until they saw that happen.

One of the first things we ever sold on Ebay - about 5 years back - was an empty Dinky Toy box, it went for 21 quid. Mrs Stationmaster' friends and colleages didn't believe it possible to actually sell empty boxes until they saw that happen.

That must have been a gratifying moment, though. It's almost up there with selling old rolls of bubble wrap....

When i was very young, I asked my rents for a lima class 37 in blue for Christmas. Christmas day came and I un-wrapped Royal Scots Grey.

Still, in the days before DCC sound, the lima pancake motor did a remarkable impression of a deltic.

Regards

Matt

When i was very young, I asked my rents for a lima class 37 in blue for Christmas. Christmas day came and I un-wrapped Royal Scots Grey.

At least it was diesel - you should be thankful. I expect my parents (bless them) would have listened to my request and bought me a Flying Scotsman - "It's a train, isn't that what you wanted?" And I'd have been grateful, obviously...

How's about this listing for zero information. How are buyers supposed to make their mind up off no picture and a listing that simply says "class 29"? For all I know if I bid I'm actually bidding on the whole of class 29 from Eagley infant school. Thirty unruly seven year olds - whoopie do.

minimalist info

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bargain of the week. Have a look at the lovely paint finish and the lead?? Foxes superb :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LNER-A4-2512-Silver-Fox-Portescap-Romford-Finescale-/220603229738?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item335cfa262a This the second time this has been up at this price !!

Shame he can't get the front wheels of the bogie on the track. RAIB look like they have another job!!!

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5d291e0249

Sincere Dublo enthusiasts and other suckers kindly form an orderly queue. Oi! No shoving, there!

When I was selling off a lot of mine and my Farther's Dublo collection, £80-£100 was the absolute maximum realistically that these would fetch. Methinks this Ebay seller has an overinflated opinion of what his stuff is worth.

From the same seller Items no. 150434011717 and 130383425557 and 130383429003

Must have a stuck '9' key on the computer

Wonder if he notices? He's certainly not going to sell anything! Although, having said that .......

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Seems to operate a rather bizarre policy on some items where if you purchase a book, he then buys it off of Amazon and then gets them to ship it direct to you which in my book (err, no pun intended!) means he does not actually possess the item he is selling as well as trousering a very tidy profit in the process.

VERY dodgy in my opinion.

• RMweb Premium

Wow!!! :O Ambitious Buy It Now on this I must say:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-Networker-Suburban-Train-NSE-Colours-Excellnt-/200472004728?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ead100878

Not worth more than £40 really, especially with that awful 'over burdened if faced with a skin and rice pudding scenario' type motor which would have a heart attack if it even smelt a hint of a gradient!!