Model Rail Announcement

Chris Gad

Ah, if certain rumours are correct I think I can guess what it is - and I shall no doubt be buying one if it is what rumours suggest it is.  But if the rumours are wrong and it is something else then I might still be thinking about buying one, or maybe I won't.

All bases covered there then? ;-)

Rumours, guesses, bases, eh? Perhaps that's a clue as well.

G

• RMweb Premium

Something, indeed quite frankly anything in N scale would be nice. Whilst the OO world is overburdened with announcement after announcement of an endless stream of good top end stuff (and some recycled ancient lineside garbage from Hornby) in the N scale announcement world a tumbleweed gently passes through...

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Model Rail to announce that all the UK manufactures are ceasing production of N Gauge to concentrate on further OO Gauge Models

There you go a N Gauge news item

I’ll get my Hat & Coat

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, if certain rumours are correct I think I can guess what it is - and I shall no doubt be buying one if it is what rumours suggest it is.  But if the rumours are wrong and it is something else then I might still be thinking about buying one, or maybe I won't.

Nice to see your ambiguity is still intact Mike .

Model Rail to announce that all the UK manufactures are ceasing production of N Gauge to concentrate on further OO Gauge Models

Sad and unnecessary. But to be expected of some people.

G

I believe it's a deal with the "Railway Museum" and the magazine will now become "National Model Rail". This will result in limited editions of a class 40 with incorrect fonts and a large tent model for you to put all your diesel locos in so people can't see them. 

Hat on and running for door 

• Like 1

The Large Logo Class 60 at GBRf used to be 66250? A clue right there although Gaugemaster just grabbed the N scale version along with Biffa...

I wouldn't have thought so as Hatton's has announced the British Rail version on their new tooled class 66. 

Special commission from Hornby, an exciting new range..

Two Turbo Cars please, providing that they're DCC Ready so independently controlled fore'n'aft attacks are possible....

The Large Logo Class 60 at GBRf used to be 66250? A clue right there although Gaugemaster just grabbed the N scale version along with Biffa...

I just read that as the "Large Lego".  Now THAT would be an idea!

Nah, BR blue is far too historic D&E to be modern image. It needs to be a brightly coloured kettle like this and it will keep steam enthusiasts happy as well.

attachicon.gifkettle.jpg

G.

Pretty!!!

ogodsnottheroyalweddingagain.......

H,C&O

• RMweb Gold

So its not really an Announcement, It is an intent to inform about a forthcoming announcement, Between this and constant social Media bombarding of Models that are 50%, then 70% and 80% sold out I am Weary.

But is it:

1. An initial announcement about a forthcoming announcement?

2. An Interim announcement about a forthcoming announcement?

3. A final announcement about a forthcoming announcement?

I think they should issue an announcement to clarify this, or at least make an announcement that they intend to do so.

John, (announcing that he is now fully awake and ready for a shower and breakfast) :sungum:

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

So its not really an Announcement, It is an intent to inform about a forthcoming announcement, Between this and constant social Media bombarding of Models that are 50%, then 70% and 80% sold out I am Weary.

Yes, I have my "weary" hat on as well. Yet another announcement of an announcement. Deep joy. I grumpily admit that I miss the days when something was announced and was then almost immediately to be found in stock available to purchase. I concede those days are gone, but they are missed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see your ambiguity is still intact Mike .

I could give a clue in numbers of course, but that would be rather square as I've done that sort of thing in the past.  So I shall just stick with the possibility that it might be A XXXX but on the other hand it might not be and could be something else entirely but I might still buy one in just the same sort of way that I have another Model Rail loco on order.

To celebrate selling their 66 in Eurocargo Rail.......32 versions of a newly tooled Class 66.  Just like busses, none for a while then two come along at once!  

Joking apart, they could have done a deal with Hattons for a Biffa or Royal Scotsman Class 66's.....in return for some advertising features etc..

Then again, it could be "Henryetta" to go with their "Toby the Tram"!  He! He!

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Gold

I could give a clue in numbers of course, but that would be rather square as I've done that sort of thing in the past.  So I shall just stick with the possibility that it might be A XXXX but on the other hand it might not be and could be something else entirely but I might still buy one in just the same sort of way that I have another Model Rail loco on order.

So no one (or anyone) is not going to confirm nor deny that there may or may not be something (or nothing) coming (or not coming) at some stage in the future (or not) as may or may not befit the circumstances appertaining to (or not appertaining to) the situation previously (or not previously) mentioned (or not mentioned).

So no one (or anyone) is not going to confirm nor deny that there may or may not be something (or nothing) coming (or not coming) at some stage in the future (or not) as may or may not befit the circumstances appertaining to (or not appertaining to) the situation previously (or not previously) mentioned (or not mentioned).

I have tried this method in the past to get an answer that is sort of, maybe, possibly agreeable

post-20303-0-85671600-1526768470.jpeg

However, after several aborted answers I've tended to just open it and drink the contents !

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I could give a clue in numbers of course, but that would be rather square as I've done that sort of thing in the past. So I shall just stick with the possibility that it might be A XXXX but on the other hand it might not be and could be something else entirely but I might still buy one in just the same sort of way that I have another Model Rail loco on order.

OK...just dusted off my Enigma machine to decrypt the message from High Command. With the tunes of "My Fair Lady" ringing in his ears....."By Geoerge,he's got it.....I think he's got it....." Nearly 24 sleepless hours.....

Come on guys....this is just a bit of harmless fun and if it sells a few more copies then all to the good.

Official Secrets Act prevents further disclosure.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
  • Like 2