Oxfordrail - Adams Radial

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

I think Andy Y hit the nail on the head, this may be something much more significant than moves by retailers into commissioning or niche producers but the first step of a mass market competitor to Hornby and Bachmann. There is an interesting paradox in that whilst Oxfordrail see a market opportunity (and very clearly you don't make this sort of investment without first doing a lot of work to establish the market receptiveness and size) others (me included) think that there may be a shake out approaching. Interesting.

Edited by jjb1970
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm pleased they've announced an Adams Radial and am encouraged that they're not just focusing on locos, but rolling stock as well.

A LSWR 56' brake lavatory third based on the Bluebell's preserved example would be a good addition alongside the Radial in its preserved livery, because modellers and collectors can more easily relate to the actual items.

http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/cw_news/1520.html

• Like 2

... the ideas for modification are endless!

If it is a good model, then it will have a concealed low profile drive on roughly 22mm diameter wheels. There's a lot of mileage in that for those who like knocking OO RTR about a bit. And you never know, there might be a P4ist who could use a good body to put on a self built mechanism. 

• RMweb Gold

Wallet has just walked past with hands up, shouting 'Kamerad, Kamerad.'

Kernow has seen off the family silver....looks like Oxford will see off the fine collection of gentleman's etchings.....

Rob the pauper.

Edited by nhy581

Hi all   Tad worried that there is no mention of 4mm/ft scale, I do hope they know what scale to use.    It would be nice to see the Lyme Regis coaches, even just one, as they often ran singly but the only problem with that is they would have to make a complete duplicate of Hornby's Maunsell underframe, very expensive unless they have some arrangement to co-operate. 

The picture was a bit misleading as the version shown has different frames to the Bluebell Loco and an Adams chimney, does this indicate they will cover other variants of the class in the future or just stick with the Neilson series of 11 locos.  Modelling the EKR just got a bit more interesting.

Regards all  adrianbs

Very pretty, and congrats to the perceptive who thought it was an Adams all along...

Now.  How much?

To be honest, it doesn't fit with my current layout or any future plans but I'll be keeping a closer eye on Oxford from now on!

Hi all   Tad worried that there is no mention of 4mm/ft scale, I do hope they know what scale to use. 

Before you get started give it a rest Adrian and don't turn up in yet another topic as a prophet of doom.

• Like 2