many thanks mr jones , now need to decide whether to make a 1 off or a master and cast a few . I guess there is a photo somewhere on here of the earlier gamecock , might do one of those as well since you have provided such good info 

i do like it when i can get it right

• Like 1

many thanks mr jones , now need to decide whether to make a 1 off or a master and cast a few . I guess there is a photo somewhere on here of the earlier gamecock , might do one of those as well since you have provided such good info 

i do like it when i can get it right

I have photos of the Gamecocks but not my copyright. Send me a PM if you need them.

Merf.

thanks again , i have found some photos of gamecock, all of same side of course, so before i do a corgi , is the other side the same? , interestingly one on flickr is a WR unit in twotone (bw photo) and has one window less on crew cabin . i presume plain green is ok for my LM vehicle in the early 60's

thanks again , i have found some photos of gamecock, all of same side of course, so before i do a corgi , is the other side the same? , interestingly one on flickr is a WR unit in twotone (bw photo) and has one window less on crew cabin . i presume plain green is ok for my LM vehicle in the early 60's

No , you don't say which side you have, but the passenger door is only on the near side (Oxford got that wrong) The WR and LMR bodies were similar, not identical. Livery was crimson/cream up to 1963 then green until 1970.

Merf.

I was looking through Dave f's excellent picture collection and found this.

The 3rd picture down on this post http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-23rd-october/page-33 has a Gamecock workshop on the far right, I think it's the only picture I have seen of a green one.

Also visible in Dave's first picture at Skipton.

Here is one in a BT Film, showing the NS door arrangement. This one an overhead line bus , very similar to the S&T ones.

post-1625-0-22112200-1414141766_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just looking at the Gamecock drawing , did they really only have a 3 speed gearbox ?

Always thought 4 speeds was too few on a lorry this size !

I learned to drive on a 3 speed car from the 50s. Very common in them days. The Gamecock was aimed at the municipal sector and would be mainly used in built up areas, and the speed limit was 30mph for light lorries back then (20 on heavies) even on the open road. In the 80s the replacements we had were mainly 4 speed boxes.

Merf.

• Like 1

I learned to drive on a 3 speed car from the 50s. Very common in them days. The Gamecock was aimed at the municipal sector and would be mainly used in built up areas, and the speed limit was 30mph for light lorries back then (20 on heavies) even on the open road. In the 80s the replacements we had were mainly 4 speed boxes.

Merf.

I also learnt to drive on a three-speed car; Dad's 3-litre Cresta PB; at the end of its days, second didn't always work, which made driving it in urban areas 'interesting'. What were the differences between the Bantam and the Gamecock?

I also learnt to drive on a three-speed car; Dad's 3-litre Cresta PB; at the end of its days, second didn't always work, which made driving it in urban areas 'interesting'. What were the differences between the Bantam and the Gamecock?

The Gamecock was bigger. The 50s version used similar cabs but the Gamecock was higher up, a way to tell was the radiator cap position. I feel a conversion coming on from a B-T Bantam with all this talk of Gamecocks.

Merf.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the Perth pictures , the crane looks interesting wonder if it's BR.

Something different at Sheffield  station an electric Dodge Walk Thru-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_sweeney/15635011713/in/faves-36748588@N03/

Must have been an electrifying day, the bus behind is a GMPTE Seddon Pennine RU battery electric.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not done much road motor modelling lately, but when the new Ford Cargo from Oxford came out, I looked what to do with it and came up with this.

A 1990 20 seat crew bus on the Southern Region with NSE branding. Used by the larger p.way gangs.  The height of the body was reduced by about 2-3 mm and windows and doors added. Wheelbase and body size spot on. A very easy conversion.

post-1625-0-06191200-1433767864_thumb.jpg

post-1625-0-02166700-1433767889_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

That looks great Merf, I was going to order a Ford Cargo myself but they have sold out at Hattons already.

Cheers Peter.

I take it Peter that you mean the BRS livery one.  However a second version in plain white is due out shortly.  

Very nice model, one of their best yet in my opinion.

Merf.

Merf,

Very nice indeed. I must do one of those.

I had missed the Oxford model was out.

Cheers.

Yes you must have one as it's from your part of the world.  I'm not sure if you posted the photos of the prototype on here !

If so many thanks.

Merf