Hattons does it again

oldknotty

• RMweb Gold

That person probably picked and packed 20 or 30 other items in between your 2 orders so unlikely to remember where any of them were going as the address label is printed by computer and all the packer does is stick it on the box.

Your probably right...I am assuming that the 'dispatchers' get a pre-prepared consignment of chosen 'picked' goods, that they hand wrap as parcels and stick the labels on...and being as how the item had just that afternoon arrived as new stock, they might have been shifting a lot that afternoon...just struck me as a bit strange that's all!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yet another great distance shopping experience to report here. Order placed 1000 yesterday, picking advice email noticed this morning (thanks Dan Dan Ye!), and about an hour ago a child's voice was heard to ask 'what was in that parcel I opened the door to this morning?' No string now, of course, but slicker than ever, so all round perfect tens from this Borders modeller in B76.

• RMweb Premium

A parcel which Hattons advised had been mailed on 21st November (Royal Mail airmail requested) failed to arrive by Christmas. I dropped them a courtesy email to advise non-receipt after three weeks and on 6th January emailed again to advise it still had not arrived.

When I next logged on (within 12 hours) I had a reply advising they have lodged a claim for lost in transit, sent a replacement of the missing items and apologized for the inconvenience (even though it was not within their control). On Friday I received the goods by airmail express signed-for, a service advertised at a higher cost than I had originally paid for, and of course with no extra charges made.

My email of thanks and to confirm delivery (something I always do with every order no matter where it has come from) was immediately acknowledged from Liverpool and I am happy to report a satisfactory outcome and good service.

Hattons certainly understand the word 'service' and exceed my expectations every time. Not just the lo-cost nature of the pricing and postage but their positive must-do attitude is outstanding against other not-so-good competitors.

Their recent performance to ensure that I received the model that I really wanted was nothing short of superb and I cannot praise them enough.

They deserve the reputation that they have nurtured- well done :yes:.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I took something back last week with a fault and Hattons were most helpful. I too hadn't been to the shop since the re-fit and was very impressed indeed. While I was there I bought something and got the wrong one; their customer service in helping me exchange it has so far been flawless.

Of all the mail order places I have done business with (I've had to use other places when Hattons sold out!) Hattons feel like the best of both worlds - an efficient, refined 'box shifter' but with the heart of a proper model shop.

Hi!

I was delighted this morning to not be disappointed by Hattons reputation!

I ordered a Bachmann Class 150 at 13:24 yesterday - 07:40 today the package arrived in my hand (although given straight to my beautiful wife as it's not to be opened until Fathers Day!!!)!

That is what I call good service & if it's always like that then I shall use them a second, third, fourth and more times!

Charles

• RMweb Premium

Been dealing with Hattons for nearly 30 years. They`re miles ahead of anyone else. Any order is usually in my mailbox deep in the Oregon woods within 7 days! LMS 3F and all the bits to finish the latest project orderd today! Mrs Sasquatch wont like it but she hasn`t got the mailbox key.

Off to leave some more foot prints in the fresh snow.

Normally love Hattons, but had a parcel sent via CityLink go missing last year, so I've just placed an order, paid the extra for Royal Mail, and they have still sent it via CityLink! Also had a Class 37 turn up from Hattons in the wrong sleeve, they want me to return the sleeve to them before they will send out the correct one. All seems a bit of a waste of time having to send it back from Australia, as it will probably end up in the bin! :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I have had a similar experience with an item being charged for as Royal Mail yet arriving with a CityLink label. As their parcels arrive via the Australia Post contractor however they are shipped I have no way of determining what - if anything - happened at the Liverpool end. The difference in cost was £1; the difference in expected transit time was approximately an extra two weeks.

I have also had one parcel apparently become lost in transit. Shipped from Liverpool in early November by Royal Mail airmail (at least that's what was paid for) it failed to arrive by mid January and Hattons cheerfully sent a replacement by air express at additional cost to themselves which duly arrived within a few days of being mailed. The original package was delivered yesterday in slightly damaged condition. I emailed Hattons to advise them and it will be returned to them by surface mail at their request with a refund of my costs upon arrival. That takes a while but the cost is modest and they have already incurred additional costs in expressing the replacement over. I therefore didn't address the possibilities of being offered "keepsies" (which I don't need now) or of airmailing back to get a faster credit.

Good service as always including when things go wrong outside of Hattons' control.

A few weeks back I phoned Hattons to pre-order an Oxford lorry that was due soon as my normal supplier couldn't get this particular one and the nice lady took all my details I took the opportuity to purchase their Ltd edtion Mersey Rail 150 which was reduced in price and asked if they would keep it and send it all together to save postage. They had no problem with this at all and my very well packed box arrived at the start of the week. Great service which I thought well worth sharing.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

just like to say I put an order in to Hattons on Sunday via their website, got an e-mail yesterday Monday to say it had been parcelled up ready to go & received the goods in today's post (Tuesday). it was well packed and wrapped. Great service all round

I have noticed a strange one with Hattons with ref to the FARISH 4 CEPs in green ...............usually Hattons are among the the first to receive stock of new releases, but they still have not got any stock, they posted a delivery date of on or after 29th Feb,

I do a lot of business with Hattons but in this case I ordered from another supplier.

• RMweb Premium

just like to say I put an order in to Hattons on Sunday via their website, got an e-mail yesterday Monday to say it had been parcelled up ready to go & received the goods in today's post (Tuesday). it was well packed and wrapped. Great service all round

I done likewise with the same result, excellent service.

Archived