Hattons does it again

oldknotty

• RMweb Premium

In stark contrast to a few previous orders I am pleased to report that an order placed 9 days ago has arrived 12000 or so miles away today. This one was sent Royal Mail (others where that option was requested arrived via City Link) and in a much more realistic timeframe than of late.

For the record - no string (for the first time) and no branding on the box either.

• RMweb Premium

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that all the prices on ehattons.com are now appearing in Australian dollars?!? :huh:

EDIT: Stand down everyone, its just reverted back to good old pounds and pence. Still, it is the second or third time I have noticed this happen in the last couple of weeks...

• RMweb Premium

Never had that happen to me, John, even when logged into my account with an IP which suggests my local currency would be Aussie Dollars. :huh:

But if things carry on the way the way they are it won't be long before the £ : $ are on par and the currency ceases to matter B)

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that all the prices on ehattons.com are now appearing in Australian dollars?!? :huh:

There is an option at the top of the page to convert to other currencies.Perhaps you inadvertently clicked on this.

Gwiver wrote:

In stark contrast to a few previous orders I am pleased to report that an order placed 9 days ago has arrived 12000 or so miles away today. This one was sent Royal Mail (others where that option was requested arrived via City Link) and in a much more realistic timeframe than of late.

For the record - no string (for the first time) and no branding on the box either.

This has been my experience too.Still waiting for a parcel posted 15 days ago via City Link.This was a pre-ordered item and I was not given a postage option.I always request Royal Mail.

Hi

I've had no problems ordering from Hattons in the past til the last time, takes about 14 days for orders to reach my PO box here in Australia

About 4 weeks ago, I placed an order but their computer only hit me for half the amount it should have... I recieved an email from Hattons about 3 days later saying "Our fault, new system, bugs etc; however, we tried to take the rest from your card and it was refused"... Turns out my bank had vetoed the transaction for reasons that remain incomprehensible to me, there being more than enough in my credit account (over $800 at the time) to pay for the 20 or so quid Hattons wanted. I sorted the bank out (overzealous account security or something) and emailed Hattons to try it again, it went though and I recieved emails from them to say it had been picked, followed by another one to say it had been packed, then silence...

I emailed them today (2 weeks after receipt of the "packed" email).. Just recieved the reply - it hadn't been posted - their computer had identified it as a transaction which hadn't gone through completely for some reason. Again apologies from them and "its all our fault, bugs in the new system" etc... It has now been posted

Hopefully I'll see it sometime in the next 14 - 21 days and as I've never had a problem with Hattons before I reckon I'll give them another chance (but only one) - these things do tend to happen occasionally !

Best

Matthew

I am awaiting an order from Hattons posted 23/03/2011.I emailed them to ask why it was taking so long and received this reply:

"We are advising that delivery from CityLink is now usually taking 5 days but there is till a chance it can take up to one month or more."

I'm speechless! Why do they persevere with City Link? This is a great pity as prior to this year or so parcels from Hattons took 10 days maximum.A recent parcel from Parkside Dundas took 6 days.

Ron.

• RMweb Gold

On Sunday, I ordered a Farish 66 and 4 VGA's online from Spain, delivered to my folks in UK.

I selected the £4 First Class delivery service (it had defaulted to another £4 service)

On Monday I received the 'Picking list' email and on Tuesday my mother called to tell me they had a parcel in 'Sunny Sussex' from Hattons.

For me, they are still pressing the right buttons... :D

I think the problem lies with City Link as Royal Mail parcels arrive in a reasonable time frame.I always select the Royal Mail option but in this case as it was a pre-order they selected th City Link option.I will still continue to use them as I have received excellent service over many years.

Ron.

I selected the £4 First Class delivery service (it had defaulted to another £4 service)

Exactly the same time scale with my last order. Probably packed by the same person. :D

The critical part is to change the default delivery option. Well it is at present, as First Class seems to be just that these days and has certainly improved recently.

Bernard

I ordered a few N gauge USA iterms from Hattons on Thursday last I always use Next day delivery @ £7 but at least you know that it gives priority handling and it is still far less than if i actually went personally to the shop ( Its only around a 50 mile round trip but petrol costs these days!)

Anyway the order arrived the next day ( Friday) at around midday, unfortunately the loco part of the order ( a USA articulated with decoder fitted) was found to have faulty valve gear and as such was a non runner, so it was posted back to Hattons an hour later,

Around midday today (Saturday) I had a telephone call to apologise for the problem, and they asked if I would like them to obtain another loco, however as it is currently out of stock at Bachmann Europe I declined, so they said they would refund the item,

Shortly after I received an email from them advising the refund had been raised for the loco cost PLUS my initial £7 postage and also the return postage which I had paid to return the loco..

So full marks to Hattons for customer service.:)

post-10539-0-99904800-1302990939_thumb.jpg

I ordered a load of MkI and MkII coaches from Hattons in the early hours of Tuesday morning. I received an email telling me the order had been processed and by whom later the same day, and the box was apparently on my desk by Wednesday lunchtime, well wrapped as always and waiting for me on my return from sunny Scotland. Plenty of bubble wrap in there too so a happy hour was spent popping the bubbles!

I ordered the Flying Scotsman train pack from them on Monday PM, had an email with the packing note on Tuesday and was in my hands on Wednesday. Only paid £4 Royal Mail first class postage too. only worry is the order is still showing as "added to picking list".

All in all though, usual top service here.

Guest 40-something

HI Folks

Placed another couple of ordered with Hattons recently. Last week ordered some N track & accys on tuesday pm, was with me on the wednesday and this week ordered some OO track & accys yesterday PM, arrived with me today.

Continuing perfect service!

• 2 months later...
:drinks: Good to see Hattons back to their old form.Ordered 2EPB on line from my hotel in Shenzhen on 22 June and package waiting for me on my return to Sydney today (30th).Sent Royal Mail.Bravo Hattons! :drinks:

I have just posted a comment in the Hattons - Exemplary Service thread, but in summary I live near to Brisbane and ordered a green EPB last Thursday morning Brisbane time and it was running on my layout yesterday - Wednesday. Came via Royal Mail, very impressed with the model and the service.

Writing as a regular purchaser from Hattons, I will try to explain for AdamVB's benefit what happens. Next Day Delivery is mentioned yes, but this kicks in once the parcel has been packed and once it has been despatched. Hattons keep customers well informed with emails as to how things are progressing. If I remember correctly it goes something like this :-

1)......I order goods on website..

2).....An email arrives saying the order has gone though and thanking me for the order.

3)... The next email tells me it is being packed by such and such a person on staff.

4)... Next email informs me it is being despatched on such a date and I am given a tracking number.

5) ...It arrives next day.

This has been my experience of Hatton's services. Things that I have ordered have arrived within a week and they have sent me the e-mails listed above. I think they offer a good service and will continue to use them.

I have had unfortunate experiences with two other suppliers and so stick to Hattons these days.

My latest order arrived today.

Placed the order yesterday at about 10am, with the £7 Royal Mail Special Delivery before 1pm option, received the picked, packed and shipped email two hours later and the parcel arrived at about 10:30am today, in an unbranded brown cardboard box, well packed inside with decent levels of bubble wrap and one of those giant air bubble thingies to pack out the gap between the box length and the product length!

I cannot fault service like that, especially when the order total was considerably cheaper than it should have been due to the current generous discount on the DRS 57 that was part of the order.

Thanks once again Hattons, yet another happy customer here.

Ross

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Placed an order online from Spain on Tuesday am - processed Tuesday pm and dispatched with First Class mail option same day (not the default 4 quid option) and my folks in Sussex received Thursday am.

I continue to be impressed and will keep using them until otherwise... :yes:

• 1 month later...

Archived