Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

The reason is we are using Apc in the uk who have been able to wrap and parcel up all UK based orders in just 3 days which if I was doing it myself in the museum would have taken me the best part of 2 weeks, however Apc aren’t able to ship internationally so I will be doing these myself in the next cple weeks using ups to ship as there is a lot to go through but I’m having a long weekend as I’ve been busy sorting out all orders everyday this month, even working during some long booked in holidays to ensure the models got out so If I have missed someone in the initial shipment I do appologise. And if any one wants to say hello I will be visiting railexne tomorrow

Regards

Stuart

Edited by stuarttrains

The reason is we are using Apc in the uk who have been able to wrap and parcel up all UK based orders in just 3 days which if I was doing it myself in the museum would have taken me the best part of 2 weeks, however Apc aren’t able to ship internationally so I will be doing these myself in the next cple weeks using ups to ship as there is a lot to go through but I’m having a long weekend as I’ve been busy sorting out all orders everyday this month, even working during some long booked in holidays to ensure the models got out so If I have missed someone in the initial shipment I do appologise. And if any one wants to say hello I will be visiting railexne tomorrow

Regards

Stuart

Sorry I'll miss you, Stuart; I'll be there on Sunday.

Thank you for all your hard work, and for sorting mine out for me.

• RMweb Gold

All uk based models that had been paid in full by Wednesday have been posted out tonight, the paperwork and spare chains are a separate letter that has gone at the same time but they might take a day or two longer to arrive.

International deliveries will be posted out next week as I just ran out of time this week to process them.

All uk based models that had been paid in full by Wednesday have been posted out tonight, the paperwork and spare chains are a separate letter that has gone at the same time but they might take a day or two longer to arrive.

International deliveries will be posted out next week as I just ran out of time this week to process them.

Hi Stuart,

Should I be concerned if I have not received an email?

I'm in the UK.  Ordered 8th April 2015.  Paid balance 20th May 2018.

I got 3 separate emails with 3 separate consignment numbers telling me that mine would be delivered on the 30th... I wonder if i'll get three models turn up? (I only ordered and paid for one!) lol

Funny I've had an email saying my order could be mixed up with someone else. So when your extras arrive please be a good chap and post them to me? Thanks old boy.

Stewart

:jester:

Edited by stewartingram

Funny I've had an email saying my order could be mixed up with someone else. So when your extras arorive please be a good chap and post them to me? Thanks old boy.

Stewart

:jester:

Nice try haha

I've already been in touch with Stuart about them :)

• Like 1

Thanks Edwardian for your superb photos of what is clearly a very desirable piece of RTR modelling art.

A severe test of patience for we antipodeans!

I see that, Rob, but all things come to he who waits.  I'm glad you've secured one of these and I'm sure you'll be please with it.

• RMweb Premium

Yippee! Email received advising of dispatch and delivery should be on Monday! :yes: :imsohappy:

Here, too.  :good:

And in triplicate (see 37081LochLong #1418 above)   :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Counting down the minutes... 

• Like 1

all check and check again the dispatch address on your consignments.

I ordered one for me and my dad and both have been dispatched to the wrong addresses. both was sent to the billing address on the reservation dispite me updating the addresses when settling the balances.

as such my two models are going to an unknow renter at a former address and likely to be delivered before locomotion opens monday as the delivvery depot is 1/3 mile from the address they been dispatched too

:O :o :nono: :scared: :scared:

Edited by damo2929

Hi Stuart,

Should I be concerned if I have not received an email?

I'm in the UK.  Ordered 8th April 2015.  Paid balance 20th May 2018.

Also feeling a little concerned, order placed 16/04/16, balance paid as soon as it became available to pay. Hoping it hasn't gone walkies...

Edited by Heritage Tim

• RMweb Gold

all check and check again the dispatch address on your consignments.

I ordered one for me and my dad and both have been dispatched to the wrong addresses. both was sent to the billing address on the reservation dispite me updating the addresses when settling the balances.

as such my two models are going to an unknow renter at a former address and likely to be delivered before locomotion opens monday as the delivvery depot is 1/3 mile from the address they been dispatched too

:O :o :nono: :scared: :scared:

There is tracking on the consignment email, contact APC immediately with your details rather than wait for Locomotion.

I think you can recall the parcel or change the delivery address.

• RMweb Gold

There is something odd about the APC emails.

I have 2 locos on order and yet I have 4 emails.  2 of the emails have the senders ref 'David' (me) another has 'Bernard J' and the other 'Simon D'

It's possible some emails have been sent in error to me rather than the correct recipients.

I'll know when only 2 parcels turn up, as they're listed as out for delivery today .

There is tracking on the consignment email, contact APC immediately with your details rather than wait for Locomotion.

I think you can recall the parcel or change the delivery address.

yeah tried that the site gives me the abingdon delivery depot but calling it it just rings after 5 minutes I run off and have tried twice no such luck getting an answer as yet..

• RMweb Gold

Must be lucky down here in the south east corner. Just called APC (East Kent), they answered the phone immediately and confirmed that my package is out for delivery on Monday with expected delivery between 10:00am and 12noon.

Free to do what I want to do this afternoon!!

Keith

There is something odd about the APC emails.

I have 2 locos on order and yet I have 4 emails.  2 of the emails have the senders ref 'David' (me) another has 'Bernard J' and the other 'Simon D'

It's possible some emails have been sent in error to me rather than the correct recipients.

I'll know when only 2 parcels turn up, as they're listed as out for delivery today .

I am another who ordered early and paid in full but has not received an email.  Reading earlier posts, I had wondered whether emails had been sent to the wrong addresses and you seem to confirm it.  Do we by any chance have Bernard J and Simon D amongst our number?

Having seen my single had arrived at the delivery depot and given my excitement I thought I'd be cheeky and ask if I could collect from the depot rather than wait until after work Monday. Depot closed at 12 and I arrived at 11:58. I'm now sat in my car about to go home and open it!

• Like 5

I didn't make it out of the car park before the loco box was out of the parcel...

but now I'm home and it's out completely and looking amazing! I've nowhere to run or hear it today (gutted!) But just to look at it is incredible!

My thanks, admiration and respect to everyone involved, Stuart and the Locomotion team and Jason and the other fine people at Rapido for a marvellous job on a fine loco!

Edited by WD0-6-0
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Shortly after my post yesterday, Stuart sent me a PM asking for my name and address so that he can investigate what has happened to my order when he returns to the office on Tuesday.  I did as requested and also included the dates and reference numbers for my two payments (deposit and balance).

I suggest that anyone who has paid in full and still not received an email from APC should send Stuart an email or PM with similar details.

• RMweb Gold

Ive got a second email for David Eric, if that means anything to anyone?

I'm changing my name by deed poll to claim a 3rd Single (or is that a 5th)

Whoever this is,  APC/Locomotion it needs to be a bit better.  If Locomotion have subcontracted the packing and posting to APC they need to ask them what has happened regarding the multiple email notifications sent, likely in error.

When I ordered mine I enquired about DCC and sound, but Locomotion were not able to give a reply back then.

Presumably these models have a decoder socket fitted and obviously there's plenty of space for the wiring and a speaker - but does anyone know if a suitable sound set is available?