Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

I see that, Rob, but all things come to he who waits.  I'm glad you've secured one of these and I'm sure you'll be please with it.

Well, I have (recently) paid the full balance including international post, have an Email with confirmation, address, and a valid order number.

What can possibly go wrong?  ;)

If there are delays I'll write to Westminster and have the NRM laws changed forthwith.  Or use my editing skills on one of your superb photos Edwardian, and ask for permission after the act...  

I do feel rather sorry for the gentleman at Locomotion who appears to have been given the task of sorting everything out, and do hope everything can be done in a timely and comfortable manner.

Not that I'm nervous.    No.....    :)

Well, I have (recently) paid the full balance including international post, have an Email with confirmation, address, and a valid order number.

What can possibly go wrong?  ;)

Not that I'm nervous.    No.....    :)

Well, I'm with you Rob, so that's 2 at least coming to lil ole NZ. 

But I am nervous  and  :senile:

Could I suggest Stuart, that the international orders be processed relative to the distance to go. Cause NZ even beats the Aussies on that.   :onthequiet:

Edited by Splitpin

When I ordered mine I enquired about DCC and sound, but Locomotion were not able to give a reply back then.

Presumably these models have a decoder socket fitted and obviously there's plenty of space for the wiring and a speaker - but does anyone know if a suitable sound set is available?

I'd be interested to know what sort of sound the real one makes.  With relatively low pressure and huge  drivers I assume a rather soft "slow" set of puffs  -  noticeably different from other 2 cylinder engines.

I'd be interested to know what sort of sound the real one makes.  With relatively low pressure and huge  drivers I assume a rather soft "slow" set of puffs  -  noticeably different from other 2 cylinder engines.

Here you go, Phil ......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgDM3IlhC1w and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1aL0Nrd4z0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMIPzCryuQ

Running in 1938, about 2 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5reFpqKqAo

• Like 1

Lovely stuff Edwardian

I have taken the liberty of compromising two of your lovely pictures of No.1, I hope you don't mind.

Age of steam and steel, dark satanic mills and all that, I couldn't resist.  Will remove if asked.

post-7929-0-28342400-1532840286_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-16279300-1532831338_thumb.jpg

cheers,

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 6

Lovely stuff Edwardian

I have taken the liberty of compromising two of your lovely pictures of No.1, I hope you don't mind.

Age of steam and steel, dark satanic mills and all that, I couldn't resist.  Will remove if asked.

attachicon.gif1_Stirling_Single_NRM_portrait2_3abcd_r1200.jpg

attachicon.gif1_Stirling_Single_NRM_portrait3_2abcde_r1200.jpg

cheers,

Excellent, Rob!

Thanks.

The first clip makes it sound rather "barking", whilst the second and "historic" third ones do sound rather more "soft".

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have also pre ordered the model in 2015 and have paid off the balance but haven't received an email yet from Locomotion confirming the model has been dispatched .Thinking of giving them a call tomorrow?

As per my earlier post, I suggest you email or PM Stuart.  He isn't back in the office until Tuesday and I'd guess that he would prefer to work through an series of emails/PMs rather than keep answering the phone.  That would be my preference if I was in his shoes.

P.S. If you're called Sean and live in the Isle of Man yours may be one of the non UK orders which Stuart said he hasn't processed yet.

As per my earlier post, I suggest you email or PM Stuart.  He isn't back in the office until Tuesday and I'd guess that he would prefer to work through an series of emails/PMs rather than keep answering the phone.  That would be my preference if I was in his shoes.

P.S. If you're called Sean and live in the Isle of Man yours may be one of the non UK orders which Stuart said he hasn't processed yet.

I'm begining  to suspect that I shall have to email them tomorrow as I've heard nothing. 

Its not rocket science to take orders, collect money, notify about delivery and dispatch item. 

I have just seen your last post and I have followed your helpful suggestion . Many thanks .

I am wondering if the people who haven't received a dispatch email where originally down for the cancelled tender?  

• Like 1

I have just seen your last post and I have followed your helpful suggestion . Many thanks .

I am wondering if the people who haven't received a dispatch email where originally down for the cancelled tender?  

I have always been down for the tender which is being produced and haven't had the dispatch email so I doubt that's the reason.

The first clip makes it sound rather "barking", whilst the second and "historic" third ones do sound rather more "soft".

Possibly more reverser open in the first one - and maybe its pulling harder - seems to be starting her train from a station, second and historic ones might be with less cut-off and/or pulling less.

From 2:00 to 2:15 here, carefully counting exhaust beats, she's making more than four beats per wheel revolution. It seems to be 5. How is that possible?

Edited by Martin S-C

Nope. I ordered the version produced.

It could be that with anywhere between 500-1000 (or more) produced and pre-sold that APC could not pack them all on Thursday/Friday,  it's possible they may be Monday/Tuesday.

Refer to post #1415

• RMweb Gold

As per others, I ordered the tender actually being produced.

• RMweb Gold

It could be that with anywhere between 500-1000 (or more) produced and pre-sold that APC could not pack them all on Thursday/Friday,  it's possible they may be Monday/Tuesday.

Refer to post #1415

Do keep up at the back, Bacon!  :nono: