Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Gold

Mine has just arrived correctly addressed and well within the time slot given by this morning's email. No damage to external or internal packaging so will now read the manual and then try it out.

I may be some time!   :locomotive:

• Like 2

Beautiful Model but what a problem must be going on somewhere!

• 3 boxes delivered to me this morning (I often have deliveries so was unsure what the contents were until I opened one of the boxes)
  • All three boxes the same - have opened one and it is DDC ready (not DDC fitted as ordered & paid for)
  • The two other boxes (one addressed to me and one to someone else)
  • No order slip or anything such as invoice included in the box I have opened..
  • Tried calling 'Locomotion' there offices open 10:00-16:00 though still on the office closed massage at 11:00!

So, I have two extra models (I have no idea if I have been charged for) and a model which I have paid extra for DCC fitted but is not DCC fitted.

Guess I will wait for Locomotion to get in touch to clarify - happy to return (at no cost to me) though I do want a invoice to show what I have paid and a refund to cover the difference of DDC fitted but received not fitted!

Someone, somewhere ought to have a very red face!

UPDATE: Subsequently I have received an invoice for one item though the post (NC002 - though I cannot marry this ref - presumably for DDC fitted, to the orders received).

I have also now left a voicemail on the Locomotion phoneline - lets see what happens - good job I am honest!

Edited by Opelsi
  • Like 1

As a sufferer from anxiety attacks myself, I would advise that you take deep breaths and remind yourself that the onus is on the supplier - NRM - to make sure that you get the model that you've paid for.

It has been stated that they have a surplus supply, over and above those pre-ordered, so you WILL get a Single even if your intended one has gone astray.

A few days here or there is not a disaster, is it?

It would be as well for everybody's mental health if all of this angst could be got into perspective, and a little reasoned thinking injected.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

With all due respect it isn't the waiting a few days that bothers me, it's knowing that a £200 model I paid for has quite possibly ended up with someone else, for me £200 is a significant sum of money. How would you feel if you paid £200 for something and it was potentially sent to the address of someone completely different despite you having given all the correct details?

• 3 boxes delivered to me this morning (I often have deliveries so was unsure what the contents were until I opened one of the boxes)
  • All three boxes the same - have opened one and it is DDC ready (not DDC fitted as ordered & paid for)
  • Tried calling 'Locomotion' there offices open 10:00-16:00 though still on the office closed massage at 11:00!
So, I have two extra models (I have no idea if I have been charged for) and a model which I have paid extra for DCC fitted but is not DCC fitted.

Guess I will wait for Locomotion to get in touch to clarify - happy to return (at no cost to me) though I do want a invoice to show what I have paid and a refund to cover the difference of DDC fitted but received not fitted!

I'll give you £50 for the other 2, pay the postage, and buy you a decoder for yours. You can't say fairer than that!

After reading a couple of posts about only accepting one parcel I rang home and told my elderly mum who was waiting for the delivery for me, to only accept the one parcel with my name on... They duly tried to deliver three but she had to accept 2 because they were both just addressed to "Webster" with no first name but both had the reference "John".

So I wonder if there is another John Webster waiting for his? The other one was for a Charles Anthony but that one was refused

I've got to wait until I get home this evening to see if I can identify the other one and contact Stewart about it when he's back

COMPLAINT Re;- Locomotion/Rapido Stirling Single No.1. ;-

I wish to publicly complain to Locomotion and Rapido. I received my brace of Stirling Singles this morning. Not only did they arrive whilst I was in a states of partial undress, but, having examined both of them, and to my great frustration, I have been unable to find any fault. I searches all of the packaging carefully - and there is no doubt whatsoever that the faults are missing from both examples. Although - I did think that I was onto something when I noticed the Handbooks lack of respect for idiocy. I'll have to have another look at that when I've run them-in on my nice 1929 vintage DC controller.

Sadly, I will now be forced to focus my ire on some other supplier in order to occupy my time filling endless forum inches with irrellevant and ignorant twaddle. Clearly - this is an opportunity wasted.  :scratchhead:  :mail:  :senile:

• Like 1

Could this be the reason for some people not receiving a shipping confirmation?

I've just been catching up with Tom Mackie (Science Museum Group Retail Operations Manager) on the issue and can give the assurance that it is being investigated from that end and they are following a trail on what's happened where, when and why and that they wish to make the assurance that everyone who has ordered a model will be receiving one as they work through resolving the issue.

Can I suggest, rather than bombarding Stuart or the museum, that you hold on a couple of days so they can do what they have to from that end and they will be in touch as soon as they've got further information?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

COMPLAINT Re;- Locomotion/Rapido Stirling Single No.1. ;-

I wish to publicly complain to Locomotion and Rapido. I received my brace of Stirling Singles this morning. Not only did they arrive whilst I was in a states of partial undress, but, having examined both of them, and to my great frustration, I have been unable to find any fault. I searches all of the packaging carefully - and there is no doubt whatsoever that the faults are missing from both examples. Although - I did think that I was onto something when I noticed the Handbooks lack of respect for idiocy. I'll have to have another look at that when I've run them-in on my nice 1929 vintage DC controller.

Sadly, I will now be forced to focus my ire on some other supplier in order to occupy my time filling endless forum inches with irrellevant and ignorant twaddle. Clearly - this is an opportunity wasted.  :scratchhead:  :mail:  :senile:

Looks like a self fullfilling prophecy. Very unsupportive to those who clearly do have an issue.

With all due respect it isn't the waiting a few days that bothers me, it's knowing that a £200 model I paid for has quite possibly ended up with someone else, for me £200 is a significant sum of money. How would you feel if you paid £200 for something and it was potentially sent to the address of someone completely different despite you having given all the correct details?

As per my posting above; "It has been stated that they have a surplus supply, over and above those pre-ordered, so you WILL get a Single even if your intended one has gone astray".

Also, see AndyY's posting above.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Just got back in and catching up. 

I'm not gloating at being proved right. My only concern is that I get the  expensive model  I ordered. 3 years ago 

Some people on here are showing their honesty by refusing to take delivery of extras but unfortuntely even in the model railway world not everyone is as honest.  

Ebay could be an interesting place to look at later today and tomorrow

Just got back in and catching up. 

I'm not gloating at being proved right. My only concern is that I get the  expensive model  I ordered. 3 years ago 

Some people on here are showing their honesty by refusing to take delivery of extras but unfortuntely even in the model railway world not everyone is as honest.  

But you did start moaning before the "three for one" happened.

Ironically telling them to hurry up. See what happens when they rush?

Jason

So had you only ordered the one Stirling? If so that is rather concerning..

Yes I had only ordered one and paid for one. The name on the one I refused to accept was Pearson. So if the person is on this forum rest assured it has been sent back with the courier today. 

• Like 1

Letter just arrived from Locomotion containing the 2 web page orders , deposit and final payment.

The chains and a cover letter with a satisfaction survey on the back. I think the shipping process on that is going to get a low score.

And Jason I posted my views before today because there  was enough information in posts in this thread to determine that there was a problem which would probably develop into a major issue.

• RMweb Gold

In theory tracing them should be easy, if someone received three, there will be three tracking numbers, three signatures at delivery.

Match it to the prepaid list and bingo, you have the difference.

I have not yet received any email, I bought and paid in full in March.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned on Saturday I seem to be one of the lucky ones that got exactly what I ordered. APC arrived well within the delivery window and all the details on the address label are correct.

I've read Jason's spiel (somewhat toned down compared with others I've read  :yes: ), carefully removed the loco and tender from the box (holding it at the designated spots), placed both items on the track and joined them together. Having a Roco Z21 system selected the loco on the default loco setting, pressed F1 and it gurgled into life. Currently running-in  light engine round the layout prior to being assigned its new address - thinking about allocating "1" as the loco is something special.

Have managed a couple of quick pictures of No.1 meeting some of its new friends, both ancient and modern:

post-586-0-27224100-1532950197.jpg

post-586-0-97424300-1532950236.jpg

Looking from the rear it looks just as good as it is looking from the front:

post-586-0-36255600-1532950271.jpg

At long last No.251 has got to move over to make room for No.1. Keeping the locos in the tube means no touching  when they move on and off the layout:

post-586-0-64026700-1532950164.jpg

Looking at the model I think the wait has been well worth it. Just look forward to seeing some matching RTR coaches!! 

Keith

• Like 3

I have just had another update from Tom Mackie to say that communications with the courier are in process, some local depots have isolated duplicates and queried them where other depots may not have done so. If you do get a duplicate delivery please reject any duplicates and they will be returned immediately rather than the courier having to arrange an uplift and return thus extending the process. Your help in that regard would be very much appreciated.

Locomotion and the courier have full tracking information over how many parcels have been delivered and to what names and addresses and what has been signed for so if anyone was to try and be unscrupulous then an audit trail is on record.

Keeping the locos in the tube means no touching when they move on and off the layout:

StirlingSingle-01.jpg

Keith

Ooooo! What is this 'tube' of which you speak, it looks/sounds like a very good system!

Anyhoo, one single ordered, one delivered. All the details in the various bits of communication have been correct, other than the name on the actual package which I didn't notice until it was getting unwrapped; the address was however, correct! The driver did ask me my name and ticked me off a list though, so hopefully that'll offer some confidence to those yet adorned!

Fingers crossed for everyone who has ordered one, and thanks again to the teams at Locomotion Models and Rapido! I really cannot wait to have a proper look at this masterpiece!

Cheers

J

Thanks for that Andy and yes i realise they will have tracking info but sometimes people are just plain stupid. I remember a case several months ago when a young lady found her bank balance had increased a considerable amount. So she she went on a spending spree not expecting to have to pay it back.

• RMweb Gold

I received one of the two Stirlings ordered and paid for this morning - from APC.

I have emailed Locomtion to find out whether the second one has been sent separately - hopefull will have a reply soon - and more hopefully it hasn't been delevered to someone else...

I received the invoices/payment confirmations (and replacement front coupling chains) for both locos in separately posted envelopes this morning.

Darius

Hi Andy thanks for the helpful post . Just wondering if Tom Mackie has suggested a timeframe for this issue to be resolved?  

Difficult to say at the moment as they're mid-process but he'll let us know when he can.