Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Gold

Totally irrelevant.

Good customer service doesn't care if its a toy train, a car or a tank.

Some of us don't know if the email has gone to the wrong person as some appear to have done and it will turn up tomorrow or if we have to wait until Wednesday. 

If it was coming by Royal Mail I wouldn't be concerned about being out when it arrives because its only about a mile to the sorting office but the nearest APC depots appear to be Manchester or Bolton, definitely not convenient to get to.

I'm somewhat reminded of this thread.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133622-instant-gratification-where-can-i-buy-it/

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just in passing, back on May 22, 2010 (yes 2010) I ordered some SNCF Express Nord coach packs being produced by LS Models..... and took delivery of them two months ago, only a wait of just over eight years.

Similarly I ordered a Swiss RhB Railcar to be produced by a small German outfit called Kiss many years ago but eventually produced by ESU. When finally released got a call from the dealer asking if I would like two (luckily two different running numbers and more prototypical as they normally run in pairs) as the guy who had ordered the other one had passed away!

Puts things in perspective I think....

Keith

As I said before - a shambles.

You need to calm down and see this from Stuart's perspective. Getting 500-1000 units packed and shipped in 3 days is hardly shambolic. The guy's working his behind off, show a little respect.

Totally irrelevant.

Good customer service doesn't care if its a toy train, a car or a tank.

Some of us don't know if the email has gone to the wrong person as some appear to have done and it will turn up tomorrow or if we have to wait until Wednesday. 

If it was coming by Royal Mail I wouldn't be concerned about being out when it arrives because its only about a mile to the sorting office but the nearest APC depots appear to be Manchester or Bolton, definitely not convenient to get to.

Edited by Martin S-C

• RMweb Gold

Isn’t that a risk you take when you order online? Often I’ve no idea who is delivering packages to me. Or am I missing something?

Is there any news on the availability of the single for general sale?

Would it be possible to reserve one in case they became available?

Thanks

Oliver

I received this reply via queries@locomotion.com

>>Thank you for your correspondence today. We will make contact with you very soon.

We are open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm.

If your email relates to the Stirling Single you have on order, then the model is on its way and is due in the coming weeks to pay the balance please use the links from the homepage, if not we will be in touch soon regarding payment.

Please Note, If you haven’t pre-ordered your Stirling Single model – we expect to have a limited number of models available for sale, once we have fulfilled all existing orders. We will send out a newsletter with details of availability and how to order in due course.

Kind regards – the Locomotion models team<<

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Calm down. Fulfillment of mass orders always takes time and Locomotion have arranged a quicker solution than previous projects. Just let them get on with it for a few days.

I can't calm down the have posted mine to the wrong address, it's attention to detail on the orders I never asked it to go where they posted them.

why have billing address and delivery if you just use billing address from 2015 even when one was provided updated in june? it's not quicker they messed up big time. 

• RMweb Gold

Yes...for the benefit of those of us of a nervous disposition,I too received a tracing email from APC just.

Mind you,I had if you like a moment's heart stop just after 7:00 am when I unlocked the front porch door to see what appeared to be a delivery "sorry you were out card ". Not so.....and I promise I am not making this up....It is a message from Jehova's Witnesses which reads......"You Are Invited 2018

Be Courageous "

On the reverse side is the headline ...

" The Story of Jonah.....A lesson in courage and mercy "

Maybe a message in that for this thread ?

• RMweb Gold

I can't calm down the have posted mine to the wrong address, it's attention to detail on the orders I never asked it to go where they posted them.

why have billing address and delivery if you just use billing address from 2015 even when one was provided updated in june? it's not quicker they messed up big time. 

Contact APC and ask for re-routing.

I got 2 emails last week and  2 parcels arrived this morning from APC.  I signed for my own one and refused the delivery of the one with a different name. Hopefully it will be redirected to the correct  recipient  ASAP on its return to sender.

First impressions of the loco are really excellent - now to get it DCC fitted and running

No 1 just arrived - WOW!

I have just given it a visual once over and all is well, just need to untangle those very delicate front chains. Testing will be later as my other half knows the even the box is different from the ‘norm’ and may not appreciate it chuffing away on the test track during her coffee morning.........

I got 2 emails last week and  2 parcels arrived this morning from APC.  I signed for my own one and refused the delivery of the one with a different name. Hopefully it will be redirected to the correct  recipient  ASAP on its return to sender.

First impressions of the loco are really excellent - now to get it DCC fitted and running

So had you only ordered the one Stirling? If so that is rather concerning..

So had you only ordered the one Stirling? If so that is rather concerning..

I think that it is now fair to say that it would appear that APC are the weak link in the chain.

Transposed names / addresses tends to indicate slap-dash work - perhaps induced by the pressure being applied to get these moels out, in order to bring to an end the "Where's mine"? postings here.

More haste - less speed !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1

I think that it is now fair to say that it would appear that APC are the weak link in the chain.

Transposed names / addresses tends to indicate slap-dash work - perhaps induced by the pressure being applied to get these moels out, in order to bring to an end the "Where's mine"? postings here.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

It would seem that is the case. Just to clarify my previous postings, I haven't been demanding "I want mine NOW", I've been trying to work out the chain of what's happening. Feeling rather sick right now- any information by recipients of the single today as to correct/wrong quantity/address would be very much appreciated.

Is there any news on the availability of the single for general sale?

Would it be possible to reserve one in case they became available?

Thanks

Oliver

Hang on please, they have to get all the international orders posted first. That will take 2 weeks starting tomorrow they said.

It would seem that is the case. Just to clarify my previous postings, I haven't been demanding "I want mine NOW", I've been trying to work out the chain of what's happening. Feeling rather sick right now- any information by recipients of the single today as to correct/wrong quantity/address would be very much appreciated.

As a sufferer from anxiety attacks myself, I would advise that you take deep breaths and remind yourself that the onus is on the supplier - NRM - to make sure that you get the model that you've paid for.

It has been stated that they have a surplus supply, over and above those pre-ordered, so you WILL get a Single even if your intended one has gone astray.

A few days here or there is not a disaster, is it?

It would be as well for everybody's mental health if all of this angst could be got into perspective, and a little reasoned thinking injected.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

Contact APC and ask for re-routing.

I have asked APC to hold because they can't rereoute as am not customer. they said they will try but it's out on the van already but would contact driver to see if he's deleivered yet if not to hold and return then to depot.

nobody is in a locomotion that normally deals with it but the lass on the in museum shop is doing her best to help after I said this is £600 worth going adrift with the APC. so hopefully they will be rerouted. 

am hoping enough has been done to prevent the falling into unknown hands.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Wow! 

A light bulb moment. Perhaps now people will stop casting me as the villain in this because I speak my mind and NO Stuart is not the villain either he has been badly let down by APC

Any way in absence of an email I'm now on my way out.

for me less speed more haste check and check again as we been waiting 3 years whats a few days in getting them to the right places.

after all I would rather have correct 1st time than all the hassle  of what am currently doing.

Edited by damo2929

• RMweb Gold

I have 4 emails with 4 different references, 2 look to be mine as I ordered 2 Singles.  When I tracked through the APC site it says 4pm at the latest as Locomotion has sent by 'next day' but it doesn't actually give any further info which the site usually does.  I've contacted them and they say that 4 are on the van for me, I explained that I'm only awaiting 2 parcels so they have told me to refuse the others and they will be returned pronto to the senders.

I am out so have left instructions that if 4 are delivered, then only the 2 with my name on are to be signed for.