Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for posting the photo' of the temporary Riverside Quay box and the signalling diagram. It is interesting to see something that is very rarely, if ever, seen. This is just the kind of subject that I am hoping there will be more of on this thread.

With best regards,

Rob.

Thank you for posting the photo' of the temporary Riverside Quay box and the signalling diagram. It is interesting to see something that is very rarely, if ever, seen. This is just the kind of subject that I am hoping there will be more of on this thread.

With best regards,

Rob.

Rob, the signalbox, is obviously the replacement of c1913, but suitably refettled and put back into use. The new locking frame is now along the back wall, and there is no chimney, or a stovepipe. The steps are certainly contemporary with the rebuilding, and the upper entrance door has almost certainly been moved to the front corner.

Mick

Forgive my ignorance, but as someone who isn't familiar with the area, what is the unusual looking tower behind the 'box?

It's the Albert Dock clock tower, has you can see, it survived the blitz, which is more then the original Riverside Quay, then only to be demolished c1957.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, everyone. Thank you for all your contributions. beast66606, I find I am very tempted by that piece of Beverley.

Tonight, I have found a photo' of Howden box I took from the B1228 road whilst out cycling on 21st September, 2008.

post-22631-0-65686500-1447194569_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the photo' and the signalling diagrams, Mick. The distant signals seem interesting. I wonder why they were placed where they were, and I see that there were some bracketed as well.

With best regards,

Rob.

Here are my photos of Howden old station building and the signalbox in March 78. On the subject of "listing" the box it is is a nice idea but in practice utterly impractical since signalboxes by their nature are close to the railway and generally unsuited to any other use - too small to be a house, not enough space to be a cafe. The two signalboxes at Castleford have been boarded up and rotting away for 20 years for this reason.

17364433.6106ae13.800.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, PinzaC55, for those two photo's of Howden on 4th March, 1978. Great to see them. I think you are right about the signal boxes, it is difficult to thing of anything that can be done with them.

Tonight one photo' of Beverley Parks on 14th May, 1984. It shows a 2-car class 101 DMU on its way down the line to Beverley from Hull. In the distance you can see Beverley Minster.

post-22631-0-19747100-1447286394_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Tonight I would like to post a photo' of that gate that was, until today, on platform 1 at Scarborough station. It still is a mystery to me, and the disappearance of it even more so!

post-22631-0-97507500-1447372423_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick for posting the photo' of that infamous collision. I wish to come back to it in more detail a bit later on.

Tonight, one photo' from July, 1987. It shows a class 101 DMU departing from Bridlington on it's way to Scarborough.

post-22631-0-29791500-1447463910_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7