Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Mick. That's right. I wonder if they might get any returns, for poor running, if they did, it might be possible to arrange a purchase, so that one could represent those that passed through Hull.

With regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

First, I would like to thank Mick Nicholson for the excellent Slide Show in the afternoon. It was very interesting showing the many different classes of engines that have been to Hull over the 175 years since the Selby to Hull railway was opened. At the end, there was a round of applause, which was well deserved. I especially liked the story of a driver of a class 37 and a derailed train. It was very funny! The driver did not know where he was, and only by questioning him carefully on the telephone, was Mick able to work out exactly where the train had come to grief!

Now then, tonight,there are two recent photo's of Scarborough, which show the track layout and signal bridge in the year 2010 just before the signal bridge was removed, and the track was relaid.

post-22631-0-69481000-1446330261_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-95268900-1446330283_thumb.jpg

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

Rob, many thanks for your kind words. By no means did I cover the many classes of engines that could be seen locally over the last hundred and seventy five years. I am giving the show again on the 24 November 2015 for the NYMRly, the venue is the Station Hotel Hull, 1900hrs. I hope to rectify several of the omissions, but of course, it is impossible to cover 1840 to date in two hours.

Here's another one that didn't make today's selection.

post-702-0-03507500-1446332817_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Mick. It  was a most enjoyable afternoon. I hope to see how your demonstration will be going at the Model Railway Show next weekend, most probably, the Saturday.

That is a most interesting photo', and I like the class A8's. I think that carriage that is part visible is a former ex-GCR vehicle.

With warm regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Mick. I will see what I have about the H1 4-4-4T's. I know they worked over other lines, of course. I wonder if any of the other members who are reading this might also be able to help?

Warm regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all for the pictures being posted in this thread.  I can hardly tick "like" to all of them, but I'm finding them all very interesting.

Here's a few of my own if I may, of the gantry at Scarborough, taken on an officially-organised visit to Falsgrave signal box in 2010, not long before it closed.

Unfortunately, although summer, it was a dull day!

post-31-0-78895400-1446372327.jpg

post-31-0-78529000-1446372356.jpg

post-31-0-23939700-1446372380.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi, everyone. I am sorry, but I can't find any information that says that class H1's came to Hull. It could be that some did, but there would appear to be no proof that they did.

Tonight, I have a photo' of a class 111 Rolls Royce engined DMU arriving in Beverley from Hull in 1988. The two car unit nearest the camera has had one engine removed from each car.  The photo' was taken near to the Chantry Lane footbridge.

post-22631-0-66011500-1446427078_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, PinzaC55 for those excellent photo's of Scarborough. Good to see a class 31 and Mk1 coaching stock on an excursion train. They were quite frequent at in late '60's to the early '80's.

The DMU is a class 111 with Rolls Royce engines, the smaller battery boxes and the exhaust pipes are the main clues.

Then a lovely portrait of the station signal box. The place is just not the same without it!

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick.It looks like it is 124 to me, so at least we have the build dates.

Tonight  is the final three photo's  from the front of the class 101 DMU from Easter Saturday, 1987. It shows the section of line from Seamer to Scarborough.

Here is Seamer, with the new road bridge over the railway under construction. Can anyone recall when the bridge was completed please?

post-22631-0-81606500-1446503745_thumb.jpg

Here is Queen Margaret's Road overbridge:

post-22631-0-52767700-1446503799_thumb.jpg

Finally, here is Scarborough station, with the bus parking area under construction to the right:

post-22631-0-82875100-1446503873_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 5

A view of Wilmington Swing Bridge, and looking east. When the railway was open the east side level crossing gates were also used as a "Fence" to close off the river when the Bridge was swung for river traffic. In this picture the fench now seves the same purpose.

attachment=639843:WILMINGTON SWING BRIDGE Gate.jpg]

post-702-0-44910900-1446574329_thumb.jpg

• Like 7