Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Mick. I would very much like if  you would post the new Wilmington bridge pics from the glass plate negatives. I would love to see them. Thanks.

PinzaC55, please do keep your contributions coming, they are also much appreciated.

With best regards,

Rob.

It's hard to believe that's real. Look at the chimneys of industry and a bridge built here using British steel, not a hi viz in sight, no portakabins full of consultants and marketing gurus.

I do like the photos you chaps are putting up here. A far off, distant land known as "the past".

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for those photo's of the Wilmington swing bridge. Absolutely fascinating. More please.

Tonight one photo' from Beverley station footbridge looking up the line to Hull. It was taken in late May this year, and provides quite a contrast with the much earlier views!

post-22631-0-53684900-1446596077_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

Some shots of Hunmanby station in December 1978.

17236957.95422d9e.800.jpg

17237085.d33c5750.800.jpg

17237049.14c717de.800.jpg

What appeared to be an old NER waiting room stood diagonally opposite the main station building across the level crossing and appeared to be used as a platelayer's hut.

• Like 8

It's hard to believe that's real. Look at the chimneys of industry and a bridge built here using British steel, not a hi viz in sight, no portakabins full of consultants and marketing gurus.

I do like the photos you chaps are putting up here. A far off, distant land known as "the past".

You can imagine people sleeping in a hole in t't ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin ?  :jester:

Wonderful photos everyone, keep up the good work.

This photo brought back a happy memory of my days with the S &T Dept here. The "arrow" marks the location of the pole which was alongside the cabin which my mate Rusty Williamson was ordered to climb. I mention his name because I know young MickNick also knows him. He came down the steps and when he realised I had taken his ladder (getting my own back for him doing it to me the day before) he jumped down onto the water butt at the rear of the cabin. The wooden lid collapsed and he ended in it up to his waist in green water. Later as we all entered our mess and tool van for the mid-day break, there he was dressed only in his underpants, in front of the stove, trying to dry his clothes. 

post-276-0-59923000-1446670688.jpg

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. Firstly thank you to PinzaC55 and Judge Dread for your contributions this evening.

Now, tonight, we are back at Beverley station. It is the summer of '76. It is hot and sunny.

Here is the former crossing keeper's cottage next to the station LC:

post-22631-0-91397000-1446674150_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo' of the station looking at it from the north:

post-22631-0-52063700-1446674197_thumb.jpg

And the station from the south:

post-22631-0-29177700-1446674229_thumb.jpg

And from the LC with a class 101 DMU:

post-22631-0-33638200-1446674252_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi, everyone. Just one photo' tonight. It shows a class 124 Trans-Pennine DMU going away from the camera at the back of our garden in Beverley, in June, 1975. It is to the north of Beverley North.

post-22631-0-06489800-1446769471.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

I know this thread is called "Photos" of East Yorkshire, but I wondered if this video has been posted in here before (it was on the old RMWeb about 8 years ago)? It shows Scarborough in 1983 with the Class 03 going about its business at great speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOcpqHB7C1k

I'm not sure it's as exciting at railway terminii these days.

Arp

Edited by Arpster
  • Like 3