Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

A previous post or two may help you decide.

Have you got your Powerhaul 66(or two) yet?

That's a very good point Mick.

I have been really undecided with these two ever since they were first announced. £340 for two Class 66s is a lot of money but if I don't buy them now I will end up paying Ebay prices at a later stage. Although if I buy those two I will have to not buy other models.

There is also the point that if I start buying the special GBRF liveried Class 66s their are many others. 720 has just been released, 711 has been announced, their is a strong possibility that 779 will be produced. Then their are 743 and 746 in Royal Scotsman livery if they appear.

I suppose it's just how much you would like a model.

I have bought two Powerhaul liveried Class 66s. One will stay as 416 and I think the other will become 414.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

• Like 1

No sign of mine as yet... Pre-ordered beginning of July and paid via PayPal. I've had no contact from LTM regards my order as of yet. I'm sure I'll hear soon.

Locos look brilliant though.

It has always been reported that those who orders at Warley on the day of the announcement would be first to receive the models.

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone received theirs yet who didn't pre-order at Warley?  I pre-ordered mine in January and not received them yet.

Hi Robf, I'm in the same boat as you are.

Yesterday I phoned the museum and was advised that the museum has not started sending out any of the models that were pre-ordered back in January but they hope to start despatching them next week and hope to fulfil all such pre-orders within the next two weeks.

The museum also confirmed that they will be despatched by signed-for Royal Mail and an email will be sent to the purchaser prior to despatch. Just to be on the safe side I asked the guy to confirm the email address he had on record...... and he had the correct address!  

Keith

Has anyone received theirs yet who didn't pre-order at Warley?  I pre-ordered mine in January and not received them yet.

If it makes you feel any better I ordered online in January too and have not yet received them. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

• RMweb Premium

Appa

If it makes you feel any better I ordered online in January too and have not yet received them. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

I rang them today and they told me that two big batches were despatched yesterday and today.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was told by the end of the month but nothing yet...

I'm impatient !!

Two have arrived in deepest East Lancashire and may make a debut on exhibition duty tomorrow.

When I rang them the other day, the LT Museum informed me that they were being despatched in order of the date that they were ordered. Mine were early January.

But then again, Royal Mail can work in mysterious ways at weekends with delivery dates moving around by a day or two. My local area try and clear any "signed for" stuff on Saturday. Even second class can arrive a day earlier than planned on Saturdays.

Hope yours arrive promptly.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

Two have arrived in deepest East Lancashire and may make a debut on exhibition duty tomorrow.

When I rang them the other day, the LT Museum informed me that they were being despatched in order of the date that they were ordered. Mine were early January.

But then again, Royal Mail can work in mysterious ways at weekends with delivery dates moving around by a day or two. My local area try and clear any "signed for" stuff on Saturday. Even second class can arrive a day earlier than planned on Saturdays.

Hope yours arrive promptly.

Cheers,

Mick

This could mean mine arrives tomorrow :) , I ordered mine on the 4th of January i believe the first time they where offered online.

thanks

Jamie D 

• RMweb Gold

I received  both of my confirmation emails today so I should hopefully have the models by the end of the week. I ordered Sir Peter Hendy on 04/01/2016 and Harry Beck on 21/03/2016

Yep, I got my confirmation email this morning...... just as the guy at the museum I spoke to last week said would happen.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

They look nicely printed.

Do you think Bachmann will upgrade the 66, or is it still good enough 10 years on ?

Bachmann are doing with the 66, what Hornby did for many years with their 37 and 47. Pumping out an endless variation of shed liveries, but at least they have a few different detail variants when compared to the Hornby offerings

I don't think they'll ever upgrade it.  Someone else will.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2