RAILEX 2018 26 & 27 MAY

David Bigcheeseplant

It's the glasses.

You'll have to decide which one is the mild-mannered reporter and which one is the super hero.

While I could accept the "man of steel" with X-Ray vision, super-strength, ability to leap tall buildings at a single bound and even to fly somewhat faster than the speed of light, the concept of a "mild-mannered newspaper reporter", especially on a national daily based in NYC always strained my credibility beyond breaking point

Edited by Pacific231G

• RMweb Gold

I cant see what the issue is regarding men in shorts, if I had could I would wear them all year round.

Ian G

Have you thought of a career with Royal Mail? Their dresscode seems to accord with yours.
  • Like 1

good to see all the keyboard warriors having a moan about shorts, and know one mentioned it to me in shorts on the weekend. many should move on and find something else to moan about

Ian G

• RMweb Gold

good to see all the keyboard warriors having a moan about shorts, and know one mentioned it to me in shorts on the weekend. many should move on and find something else to moan about

Ian G

Actually, Ian, it was I who mentioned shorts, in the context of a particularly decent fellow-member and former railway professional, and I do not consider myself a keyboard warrior, nor do I spend much time on here - or elsewhere - moaning. I have no intention of moving on, thankyou.
  • Like 5

Ian G

I must have missed the moans. Too engrossed in the good natured banter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ian G

Do you feel left out of the banter? To avoid being left out, Ian, I will mention your bits of knotted string dangling out of the bottom of your trousers, do you feel better now? As a note to others I have not seen Ian's knotted string and as with others, I have no wish to.

NB. This is not a moan.

Ian G

No, I haven't heard one moan in this thread.

At the show I did hear a few folk mention (not moan) about the humidity in the hall at the weekend usually followed with the proviso, "wish I'd worn my shorts" and know of at least one exhibitor that returned to his hotel room to "slip into something more comfortable". Advantage to Railex and Scaleforum with the exhibitors hotel being in the car park.

The British and their predilection of discussing the weather and its effects. Next we'll be blaming the organisers for not arranging a dull day.

If you really want a moan have a listen to Freddie.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

I wore shorts to the event, but not many people on here would recognise me so I was 'safe' :mosking:

In case you feel like you're missing out I could post a pic.......

Edited by leopardml2341

Yes but he could give us an idea about next years show. 

What the expected weather forecast is?

Expected ratio of visitors/exhibitors donning shorts as opposed to conventional below the belt attire?

The probability of a knobbly knees competition. (Winner to be invited back the following year to show off replacement or upgraded knees.)

P

...(Winner to be invited back the following year to show off replacement or upgraded knees.)

P

I once saw a bloke wearing shorts in Bath. Nothing too different about that I suppose but he had one natural leg and one artificial!
  • Like 1