Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

Are there not differences with the first two 66's that the tooling does not cater for though?

There are a few minor differences I know of:

Red side grills.

Front four lifting eyes angled differently.

Flush horn grills (now fitted with standard style)

Lamp bracket in slightly different location (now moved to the standard location)

There may be some more I'm unaware of.

It didn't stop Lima releasing 66001, though the lima 66 had some major inaccuracies that would overshadow any minor diiferences.

Bachman have just announced the first retools of 2018.

From their latest TrainMail email newsletter, sent today....

The 2018 Bachmann Branchline and Graham Farish ranges will be launched on Sunday 7th January 2018 and as a member of the Bachmann Collectors Club, you will be sent your complimentary copy of the 2018 catalogue directly during January.

Details of all of the new models will be unveiled on the brand new Bachmann website which launches on Monday 8th January 2018, so keep a look out at www.Bachmann.co.uk for all of the latest news.

At the same time a new Collectors Club website will be launching, further details of which can be found below.....

Edited by Ron Ron Ron
  • Like 1

My guesses for Bachmann will be;

1. NER P3 / LNER J27

​2. BR Standard 2MT

3. Class 319 EMU.

4. Class 110 DMU

Release for the NRM will be LNW Hardwick or Wainwright D class.

Also rans; Class 20 retool, Class 55 retool, Lord Nelson, Class 3MT.

Further liveries for class 158 announced - and should be done in same production run but wont be.

New liveries for class 37 - BR Green, BR Blue.

New liveries for class 47 - Rail operations group, Scotrail with blue stripe, BR Green (current repaint like 47805/47501)

New liveries for class 66 - GBRF celeb - Chinook/HMS Argyl, Freightliner.

No new coaching stock.

Some private owner wagons. Outside chance of KSA Rail Cube Wagon.

With Hornby already having produced the Class 110 I'd have thought a 104 would have been a better option - wider geographical range of operational and longer life/

There's already Scotrail Class 47s 47708 and 47712 coming out as limited editions so I'd be amazed if there was more in the same livery yet

I'm surprised there haven't been more Class 37/0s in Large Logo livery

• RMweb Gold

With Hornby already having produced the Class 110 I'd have thought a 104 would have been a better option - wider geographical range of operational and longer life/

There's already Scotrail Class 47s 47708 and 47712 coming out as limited editions so I'd be amazed if there was more in the same livery yet

I'm surprised there haven't been more Class 37/0s in Large Logo livery

I would actually favour them doing a standard release 47/7 given the Scotrail DBSO coming soon. Indeed, if any of their Mk2s are the right type*, some of those in Scotrail also.

Edit: Or a Mk 1 BG in Scotrail.

Roy

* I can't remember which Mk2s carried Scotrail livery.

Edited by Roy Langridge

Oh dear! A new website. I like the current one. Very easy to use and to find information from. Quick to download too.

Which is probably why they are changing it, far too easy to use, everything easily found, no annoying drop down menus etc.

Maybe they could get Rails of Sheffield to design it for them,theirs has got all the annoying things possible on it!

• Like 1

Only 2f firsts carried ScotRail (there was a TSO very briefly)

What I think is more likely is a Mk2z twin pack of TSOs in ScotRail.

of the air-conditioned ones yes, but there was also a rake of non-air conditioned ones repainted in full Scotrail livery (not the 'Scotrail' branded BR Blue and Grey that we've seen from Kernow). It looked like they were sometimes used together and sometimes scattered as an individual coach in other rakes of air-conditioned stock.

of the air-conditioned ones yes, but there was also a rake of non-air conditioned ones repainted in full Scotrail livery (not the 'Scotrail' branded BR Blue and Grey that we've seen from Kernow). It looked like they were sometimes used together and sometimes scattered as an individual coach in other rakes of air-conditioned stock.

AFAIK the only MK2f FO to carry Exec ScotRail livery was SC3284.   

There was also a few MK2z in Exec ScotRail livery, these were Disc Brake fitted, and originally used in B/Grey with the PP 27's 

TSO's  SC 5146/52/3/5176/5197  FK SC13424

They were occasionally used together with B/G coaches as in this photo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151257534@N04/37002563461/in/album-72157688808442235/

this was taken from a post regarding E&G push pull sets. the full story can be read here: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/47-7-push-pulls.129282/

12 Mk 2d TSO (all in ScotRail livery)

5 Mk 2z TSO (ex-Edinburgh to Glasgow, all in ScotRail livery) 
7 Mk 2d TSO(T) (6 in ScotRail livery, 1 remained in blue/grey for its entire existence on the push-pulls)
4 Mk 2e FO (all in ScotRail livery)
1 Mk 2f FO (in ScotRail livery)
2 Mk 2a FK (both in blue/grey)

Personally I think Bachmann will release a 47/7 in blue with silver roof. They already do 47701 in the Farish range with flush front. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm putting my money on a retooled 43XX ;)

Certainly the nature of the recent Dapol surprise announcement does suggest a revamped 43XX cannot be ruled out. If true the Bachmann have a year to deliver it if they want to secure the majority of the initial purchases.

Certainly the nature of the recent Dapol surprise announcement does suggest a revamped 43XX cannot be ruled out. If true the Bachmann have a year to deliver it if they want to secure the majority of the initial purchases.

What was surprising in it? Dapol in the recent past haven't said when they'll make announcements. They just make them...

A re-tooled Bachmann 43XX that might be an elderly body on new non-split chassis is not the way forward if we end up with 1980's lack of finesse and over-scale boiler bands and handrail knobs.

At this years 2017 launch in Coventry I was told there were no plans to re do the 43XX at that time, I too hope things have changed in the 12 Months, (almost) since then.

I also asked about the Lord Nelson, again a much asked for re tooling, but I was given the same answer, again it would be most welcomed by many.

A re-tooled Bachmann 43XX that might be an elderly body on new non-split chassis is not the way forward if we end up with 1980's lack of finesse and over-scale boiler bands and handrail knobs.

And the lack of the 53xx and 63xx locos which didn't have that weird double splasher and the different boiler support, which Bachmann never produced even though they were among the last moguls to survive.