Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

No motorbike show on same weekend this year?

So no fat older men with long straggly hair and beards in badly fitting motorcycle leathers, and no petrol-heads in Mitsubishis and Subarus charging across the pedestrian crossings at the car park exits in disregard of pedestrians who have started to cross? Might it even be a civilised weekend at the NEC?

• RMweb Gold

No motorbike show on same weekend this year?

So no fat older men with long straggly hair and beards in badly fitting motorcycle leathers, and no petrol-heads in Mitsubishis and Subarus charging across the pedestrian crossings at the car park exits in disregard of pedestrians who have started to cross? Might it even be a civilised weekend at the NEC?

I don't have a car - so I can't comment about the car parks.

I've also never ridden a motorbike - but this has never stopped me visiting the nearby motorbike museum. It's also never stopped me being fascinated by motorbikes.

I have, however, enjoyed having a chat with a number of visitors to a number of years' motorbike shows - the people I had the privilege of speaking with came across as very civilised indeed - so please don't expect me to start taking cheap shots ... .

Sweeping generalisation?

Anyway the last weekend of the bike show is Warley weekend.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Huw.

• Like 4

Got my box of instructions for Hawthorn Dene a couple of days ago.  Three of the four in the team have now read and inwardly digested it - the fourth one doesn't get to me to see it until the Thursday before the show.....

Next step is to fill in the bits that need to go back and post it off.

I'm just glad I don't have the responsibility of organising something this large- South Notts show at about a sixth of the layouts and a fifteenth of the treaders gives me enough worry as it is.  I don't think we (or anyone else, really) show enough appreciation for Paul and his team.  A public "Very many thanks" from me, in any case.

Les

Gutted, missed the last £11 seat on Cross Country - now had to pay a whopping £14.70 for my trip home.

Will have to eat the pasty without chips this year to recoup my extra expense - I had the seat too but left it too many seconds and some comicon motorbike riding dating person with a toddler got it.

An even worse generalisation than I initially thought.

Not the only one I observed driving in dangerous and inconsiderate fashion, I assure you. No generalisation at all. A well warranted comment based on good evidence. Plenty of observations of the attendees, as previously described, too.

• RMweb Gold

no petrol-heads in Mitsubishis and Subarus charging across the pedestrian crossings at the car park exits in disregard of pedestrians who have started to cross? Might it even be a civilised weekend at the NEC?

I'll be there ;)

Picking my pack up from the RM today, first time I've had the chance to go to collect it.

Edited by RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Not the only one I observed driving in dangerous and inconsiderate fashion, I assure you. No generalisation at all. A well warranted comment based on good evidence. Plenty of observations of the attendees, as previously described, too.

To be fair I think we've also all seen similar poor driving with people leaving the designated Warley Car Park too. Exacerbated when the NEC site management have also had evening event goers trying to get in.

• RMweb Gold

Advance tickets are still on sale from both the ticket factory and the club. I might bring some advance tickets to sell at Rail ex Taunton next month.

No fulfilment fee charge I hope !

• RMweb Gold

Just fitted some spikes to my rucksack so anyone getting too close gets it in the eye, oh yes its rucksacks revenge!  :triniti:  :jester:

Ah, yes - the "friendly" approach ... .

I could suggest a few "subtle" additions to this setup - to make sure everyone gets the message - but I suspect the "mods" might have something to say ... .

Huw.

• RMweb Gold

Just been putting my "shopping list" together for this year's demo - I always have a handout to give to victims so they can purchase the basics needed. Surprised to see that Wizard Models will not be at Warley this year, so no Comet bits either :(

I'll have to steer punters to Gaugemaster for the Trix wheel cleaner this year, hope they bring some ......

• RMweb Premium

I'll have to steer punters to Gaugemaster for the Trix wheel cleaner this year, hope they bring some ......

Ian - time to alter your handout - get your visitors to buy their wheel cleaner from Conrad as it's half the price of the same item from Gaugemaster. We bought several for Club members to get them post free and they were the genuine article in Trix boxes although the website photo shows them as 'own brand'

£11.99    https://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/219928/TRIX-H0-92012-H0-Wheel-set-Brush-1-pcs?ref=list

£24.75    http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=M66602&style=&strType=&Mcode=Trix+66602

Hope that helps

Mike