Hattons Dave

Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

If you want an excited unboxer - check out about 18.45 on this:

And get Big Al to fit the decoder ;)

• Funny 7

I'd just like to apologise to everyone for unintentionally taking this thread off topic! I mentioned YouTube unboxing as a passing throw away comment and somehow it's just run away! Oops :blush::D

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, JiLo said:

it'd set your piles off trying to watch that for any length of time!!!

I'll take your word for that... on both counts ;)

Edited by Colin_McLeod

12 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Kit ones can be useful as they show what's included and the quality of the mouldings. Just fast forward through the boring bits.

TBH, I prefer written reviews with good photos. I also prefer build reviews to unboxing, they at least give you an idea of how well a kit goes together OOB.

11 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That would be most of it then; unless you actually watch the adverts. :)

Adguard FTW! :)

2 hours ago, truffy said:

TBH, I prefer written reviews with good photos. I also prefer build reviews to unboxing, they at least give you an idea of how well a kit goes together OOB.

But for those you have to buy magazines or search through pages of forums. These are freely available and easy to find on YouTube.

Relevant to Hattons, if not this thread, as I was looking for tanks to put on the Hattons Warwells. So I wanted to see the standard of the reissued Airfix tanks. In the end I bought a couple to try. A Churchill and a Cromwell. Both bought from Hattons.

Jason

31 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

But for those you have to buy magazines or search through pages of forums.

Au contraire, plenty of reviews to be found on TMN, Britmodeller, and KBN either directly or via ScaleMates.

I will watch one, but only if they know the subject .Afterall I don’t do videos on brain surgery or Astro physics .

Anyway, back to hattons machine...

Why unboxing videos anyway? A box is a box, surely the product inside is the most important. If ever there was anything that illustrates the pointless it’s an unboxing video. As robD2 rightly says....back to the Hattons machine. I wonder when they will announce the ‘extra’ features.....no froth yet either (thankful for small mercies).

36 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Why unboxing videos anyway? A box is a box, surely the product inside is the most important. If ever there was anything that illustrates the pointless it’s an unboxing video. As robD2 rightly says....back to the Hattons machine. I wonder when they will announce the ‘extra’ features.....no froth yet either (thankful for small mercies).

Some boxes make the Krypton Factor look easy, the Hornby 08 was my introduction to this level of complexity!

There is even one on how to dim the instrument lights on a VW Golf!

Mark Saunders 

43 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Why unboxing videos anyway? A box is a box, surely the product inside is the most important. If ever there was anything that illustrates the pointless it’s an unboxing video. 

Removing the packing has it origins in the stripper genre lol :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Some boxes make the Krypton Factor look easy, the Hornby 08 was my introduction to this level of complexity!

Mark Saunders 

Indeed! Not having bought any toy trains for almost a decade I had to watch an unboxing video to work out how to get into the current Hornby loco packaging for my shiny new Class 71.

Edited by spamcan61

Hi everyone,

Having seen a Hattons sample at Perth, this weekend at St Andrews I was able to borrow Bifs sound fitted sample for a bit and gave it a run round on my layout Rannoch. 

My layout has some very tight curves and Insulfrog pointwork but with the heavy weight chassis the new 66 ran very smoothly and quietly even into the front siding which is very rarely used. It didn’t stay quiet for long as I was interested to hear the new sounds and have to say it’s absolutely superb. The EMT speaker fitted gives this a whole level of realistic sound never achieved in a RTR model so far. The extra time to save up for a couple with sound is very welcome as it’s going to be impressive.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

I’m holding out for (hopefully future release) Evening Star and Royal Scotsman versions. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’m holding out for (hopefully future release) Evening Star and Royal Scotsman versions. 

Oh yes, an Evening Star version would be very welcome. Unlikely, given the Locomotion/Bachmann version, but we can dream!

Hattons do seem to listen, so if they perceive that demand justifies the cost of manufacture then they may produce it.

• Agree 1