Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

It's all rather suspiciously quiet on the 66 front which leads me to doubt August as a delivery time.

They would be on the boat by now or very shortly and we've heard nothing new in regards to a 66 project update in a few months, on here or on other social media channels where Hattons are regularly posting content. And Hattons website is not exactly accurate when it comes to projected delivery dates as we've seen in the past.

I could well be proven wrong but seeing as this is supposed to be their flagship model I'm just surprised there's not more of a fanfare with regards to progress, where other small and upcoming manufacturers, and even the likes of Heljan and Hornby seem to do well with the whole PR thing.

I'm happy for it to arrive when it's ready, whenever that may be, but definitely a noticeable lack of engagement recently when it started off so well.

Edited by SouthernMafia
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

I could well be proven wrong but seeing as this is supposed to be their flagship model I'm just surprised there's not more of a fanfare with regards to progress,

Could keeping quiet be part of a deal with Bachmann that would see supplies restored? Some posts on the relevant thread suggest progress.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been the trend over the past few years, that models have an ambitious promise of delivery times  on new models which are unable to be kept too, In the end it is all in the hands of the Chinese factories when models turn up. 

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:06, Hattons Dave said:

Model Specification:

• Cab front with ‘invisible’ seam
  • Rotating axleboxes
  • Clip off bodyshell for easy access to DCC socket and speaker recess
  • 2 types of air dam included, 1 with coupling holes, the other without
  • Space for new ‘Passive Radiator’ speaker with ultimate dynamic sound range
  • ‘Sound Ready’ with socket for speaker to plug into, no soldering needed
  • Underframe features full detail with cable runs and separately fitted pipes
  • 21-pin DCC ready
  • 3 digital functions allowing independent control of headlights, tail lights and cab lights
  • 3 Switches on bottom of loco allowing lights to be selected on or off on analogue
  • Etched horn grilles
  • Etched radiator grilles
  • Etched side grilles - fully folded to replicate concertina style on real locomotives
  • Representation of equipment behind side grilles
  • Fully detailed cab
  • Fully detailed bogies including all pipework and separately fitted handbrake linkages
  • Sand pipes and body to bogie chains modelled
  • Heavy diecast chassis
  • 5 pole motor with 2 flywheels
  • All wheel drive
  • RP25 wheels
  • Sprung buffers
  • High quality livery printing
  • Details for individual locos such as windscreen wipers and snow ploughs

20 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Hmmm, that page gives the motor as coreless CAN. When did that change occur? Or is it a typo?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:20, truffy said:

Hmmm, that page gives the motor as coreless CAN. When did that change occur? Or is it a typo?

Quietly fixed now; it's back to showing a 5-pole motor with two flywheels...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ely_South said:

Quietly fixed now; it's back to showing a 5-pole motor with two flywheels...

I did use the Hattons chat line yesterday to query the coreless issue. No reply yet but at least it may have served to reassure prospective buyers/pre orders.

OK, it's not my era, and I think I'm gonna wait until people have actually handled it, but I have a penchant for the First livery so a shed could be in my future (I almost bought the Bachmann/Locomotion Evening Star, but it only got middling reviews IIRC)

On 18/07/2019 at 22:15, truffy said:

OK, it's not my era, and I think I'm gonna wait until people have actually handled it, but I have a penchant for the First livery so a shed could be in my future (I almost bought the Bachmann/Locomotion Evening Star, but it only got middling reviews IIRC)

Why would it get indifferent reviews ? Paint job looked ok and other than that it was s standard Bachmann. One 

12 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Why would it get indifferent reviews ? Paint job looked ok and other than that it was s standard Bachmann. One 

Can't remember, it may have been something that I read on a forum somewhere, but it was enough to make me hesitate :rolleyes:

If Hattons' model is the best available, and you only get one shed, it might as well be the best it can be, right?

11 hours ago, YesTor said:

Maybe it was the bell?  :P

I read 'bellgate' and no, it wasn't the bell. That could be replaced easily enough.

3 hours ago, truffy said:

Can't remember, it may have been something that I read on a forum somewhere, but it was enough to make me hesitate :rolleyes:

If Hattons' model is the best available, and you only get one shed, it might as well be the best it can be, right?

I read 'bellgate' and no, it wasn't the bell. That could be replaced easily enough.

Ah, ok.

One shed does plenty ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just an aside, I saw 66412 at Banbury yesterday, but the 412 section was a vinyl overlay. I did not see the side numbers. Out of curiosity I looked the loco up which says it is with freightliner Poland. Would it be that the loco has been brought back to the UK? Would another 66 have been allocated that number? Or would the loco I saw be working through to Poland? I know the last scenario is unlikely. However I know there are lots of knowledgable people about the movements of these locos. I know it is slightly off tack but would be interesting to find out.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 7013 said:

Just an aside, I saw 66412 at Banbury yesterday, but the 412 section was a vinyl overlay. I did not see the side numbers. Out of curiosity I looked the loco up which says it is with freightliner Poland. Would it be that the loco has been brought back to the UK? Would another 66 have been allocated that number? Or would the loco I saw be working through to Poland? I know the last scenario is unlikely. However I know there are lots of knowledgable people about the movements of these locos. I know it is slightly off tack but would be interesting to find out.

This is 66412 in Poland from a few months ago..... (not my pic - flickr pic)

66015 (66412) - Wroclaw Brochow  07.05.2019

Edited by newbryford