SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

For the avoidance of doubt and to inform those not in the know, I should say that the right honourable Captain has his spyglass the wrong way around. The shots are of 7mm buildings. :P

They look like N gauge from this far away.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

They look like N gauge from this far away.

They're not upside down are they? 

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

May I most cordially remind 'The Management' that I am still awaiting word as to how many pasties and pies you would like me to order?

May I most respectfully suggest that I may be forced to undertake one more field trial while I await your word.

• RMweb Gold

A reminder  for those attending the Members day and staying over locally on the Saturday night, after visiting the Taunton MRG group at Bishops Lydeard station late afternoon  as  per last year I have booked a table at the Lethbridge Arms, Gore Square, Bishops Lydeard, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 3BW for 6.30pm  http://www.thelethbridgearmspub.co.uk

For those of you wishing to attend the meal please could you send me a PM with your starter (if required)  and main menu choices from the link / pdf file below

https://www.inapub.co.uk/uploads/dbfiles/7c4011e0a10a4d788f59dec18e89425b.pdf

LethbridgeArmsMenu.pdf

Please respond to me by Saturday 13th April so that I can confirm numbers and food choices to the venue.

I look forward to hearing from you and to what has become a regular and pleasant evening of food, drink and company before the main event on the Sunday. 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, devonseasider said:

What can you say?  The man's retired but he still wants to have a finger in every pie  .  .  .  .

38 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

No. He wants to eat every pie.

And can you blame him? they are after all excellent pies....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

May I most cordially remind 'The Management' that I am still awaiting word as to how many pasties and pies you would like me to order?

May I most respectfully suggest that I may be forced to undertake one more field trial while I await your word.

Now look what you've made me do:

20190327_123639.jpg.115d422808358f6ca90fee2ad6ac914c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Update to the Demonstrators line-up:

Mark Forrest will be demonstrating a selection of kit built and modified RTR wagons in various stages of completion, showing building and setting up sprung and compensated underframes etc.  including simple EM/P4 conversions or a sort of generic “getting started in EM/P4” demo with a bit of basic track building.  

Mark has also promised to bring his motorised van.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Stu, I’m looking forward to it.

I’ll be bringing along a selection of completed and work in progress wagons, some in EM (many of which have previously been seen in action on Black Country Blues) and P4 (from my own projects).  Due to my eclectic tastes/indecisive nature they will range from pre-grouping to sectorisation eras and will be a mixture of kit builds and modified ready to run.  I use Alex Jackson couplings as the standard for most of my stock, so also happy to discuss making and fitting those with anyone who is interested.

I must get that motorised van (High Level Kits “Fly Shunter”) finished off too.  If there have been any other projects from my layout or workbench threads that anyone wants a closer look at, do let me know and I’ll make sure I bring them with me.

edit to add some links to workbench and layout threads as the links in my signature don’t seem to be work.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2019 at 16:02, 2ManySpams said:

Anyone know if Colin Penfold is attending or is anyone likely to see Colin after the show?

I know if Colin is attending.

Although very tempted I had to conclude that the practicalities of travel and accommodation are just a bit much. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:02, 2ManySpams said:

Anyone know if Colin Penfold is attending or is anyone likely to see Colin after the show?

4 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I know if Colin is attending.

Although very tempted I had to conclude that the practicalities of travel and accommodation are just a bit much. 

In a major u turn I can now in fact confirm that Colin Penfold is in fact attending !

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

In a major u turn I can now in fact confirm that Colin Penfold is in fact attending !

This man is not for turning.;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, colin penfold said:

Be careful then, 2ManySpams is after you...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Only if East Anglia has left the RMWeb Union by that date.

Is that under Webxit???

I suppose whether they leave

depends on how many vote to

RMwain!!

Edited by rab
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1