Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, No Decorum said:

I think it’s 55, 92, 37. It could change, for example if the 92’s pantos take longer to develop.


Correct, 55, 92 and 37. We will have updates on 55, 92, JSA and KUA coming up in the next couple of weeks.

 

Cheers!

 

Fran

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 22:38, ColinK said:

While you are waiting for your models, here is one of my slides from 1986.  It's the Gunnie cement train thrashing up Shap at Greenholme.  The noise is why I've got sound fitted models.

 

1986R23.JPG.796491a325a07cc7289eb5e46d7a9ea3.JPG

 

 

Hope you don't mind, but I found the colour cast a bit off-putting, so I tried to correct it a little.

846916704_1986R23.JPG.796491a325a07cc7289eb5e46d7a9ea3v2.jpg.29dc2e7b1fc942e7813d897c65612a22.jpg

Edited by Damo666
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not I. The slightest. Glad you did it. I’ve got a good flatbed scanner but with over 20,000 slides to scan they would never get done.  Instead I’ve got a cheap one (5 seconds per slide) so making progress but the quality isn’t so good and it can’t correct colours etc. At some point (!) I’ll

go back and correct the colours, crop etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, ColinK said:

Not I. The slightest. Glad you did it. I’ve got a good flatbed scanner but with over 20,000 slides to scan they would never get done.  Instead I’ve got a cheap one (5 seconds per slide) so making progress but the quality isn’t so good and it can’t correct colours etc. At some point (!) I’ll

go back and correct the colours, crop etc.

I paid a student to do it, and let them use some for a university art project, 100k scanned. He got an A, and moved to Dubai.

  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

I am wondering if I have to pre order this or will it be available in normal retailers.

 

Cheers Peter.

 

Hi Peter,

 

It will be available direct from us or from any of our stockists. The only Class 37 exclusive to our website is the Network Rail 97301. 

 

HTH

 

Fran

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

Hi Peter,

 

It will be available direct from us or from any of our stockists. The only Class 37 exclusive to our website is the Network Rail 97301. 

 

HTH

 

Fran

 

And the only one not on your website is 37610 isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

Hi Peter,

 

It will be available direct from us or from any of our stockists. The only Class 37 exclusive to our website is the Network Rail 97301. 

 

HTH

 

Fran

Thats great thanks Fran. looking forwards to this model always wanted to do one Since seeing the loco at Perth back in the80s.

 

Cheers Peter. 

PJM-neg-085.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2020 at 14:22, Accurascale Fran said:

D6702 BR Green w/SYP (Late 1960s)

This might be a naive question, but is painting over the YP all it would take to backdate this to the early '60s. Or were there more substantial changes in the meantime?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, truffy said:

This might be a naive question, but is painting over the YP all it would take to backdate this to the early '60s. Or were there more substantial changes in the meantime?

 

Hi Nigel,

 

Bodywise you'll need to swap the plated boiler exhaust for the open exhaust (provided in a polybag), but other than that it will just be a case of removing the yellow panel and the additional cabside lettering/painted depot plate.

 

HTH

 

Fran

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

Hi Nigel,

 

Bodywise you'll need to swap the plated boiler exhaust for the open exhaust (provided in a polybag), but other than that it will just be a case of removing the yellow panel and the additional cabside lettering/painted depot plate.

 

HTH

 

Fran


thats worth highlighting...


I cant think of any other rtr model made that comes with Steam heat conversion options...

 

i think thats a first !


Gosh.. do the 1970’s blue ones come with 1980’s refurb kits ?

:rolleyes:

 

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

Hi Downer,

 

Not yet. I can't say anything more at this time, but watch this space... 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran

Yesssss!!! I'll keep watching,

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.