The run-up to the Virtual Members' Day

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bgman said:

Thats not a bullet hole, I'm watching you !:biggrin_mini2:

I'll never be able to listen to "I don't want to miss a thing" again! 

• Funny 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, 96701 said:

What time do we start tomorrow?

We'll be setting up the hall from 7.30 so you lot can amble in after a good lie in. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

We'll be setting up the hall from 7.30 so you lot can amble in after a good lie in. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

07.30 set up? What sort of Sunday show is that? Its usually a gentle trundle down for a 10.00 start having ironed out all the bugs on the Saturday!

Some of us don't have to be up earlier than that to not drive round Staplegrove trying to find the right house to collect the keys for the hall.

Then there's the not marking out the floor, not moving all the chairs into the foyer, not getting all the tables out and not being there to welcome the early arrivals and reserving car parking spaces for the late comers ( probably still in the taphouse) and the Captain and the pasties.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

07.30 set up? What sort of Sunday show is that? Its usually a gentle trundle down for a 10.00 start having ironed out all the bugs on the Saturday!

Oh! I've been doing wrong all these years. You see, this is why I don't exhibit. Apart from lacking any talent to make anything exhibitable, I have always treated Saturday night as a bug collecting time,

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Has someone got an ample supply of masking tape for floor allocating purposes? I seem to remember a shortage one year! :lol:

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Has someone got an ample supply of masking tape for floor allocating purposes? I seem to remember a shortage one year! :lol:

It's been done virtually the last couple of years, hence the c*ck-ups in layout positioning...

This year will be much, much better.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Up early as well, having not packed the car, must now remember not to find my passport to get back into England. I've only crossed the causeway to England once in the last six weeks. That was for a car battery, needed to make sure the car was ok for the journey to Staplegrove I'm not going to make.

Martyn

Edited by mullie

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Brinkly said:

I think there's some in here....somewhere....

GdeB CAR loading.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Right Chris (No. 1 son), let's not go and find some milk for your breakfast, then we can not get the keys for the hall. Remember last year when we drove past waving to Andy & Phil, and the bemused look on their faces :)

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 96701 said:

Oh! I've been doing wrong all these years. You see, this is why I don't exhibit. Apart from lacking any talent to make anything exhibitable, I have always treated Saturday night as a bug collecting time,

Yeah, right.

I'm still waiting for my mankini to dry and when its done I will be along ( not ) to see you all :D

Or am I stretching things too far ?

Edited by bgman
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, bgman said:

I'm still waiting for my mankini to dry and when its done I will be along ( not ) to see you all :D

I clicked "informative/useful" but there really isn't a button for that one!  :chok_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, bgman said:

Boasting again...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Taz said:

Sorry I’m late, I overslept. Anyone need a hand unloading their car?

I wondered where you had got to! More to the point, how the hell did I get here seeing as you're not driving this year!? :D

• Funny 5

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Also what are the rucksack restrictions?

Severe with severe penalties! Feel free to use the free cloakroom facilities. There is even a nice chap who'll wash your hands for 20 seconds for you. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Do i have to bother washing and using deodorant this year? Also what are the rucksack restrictions?

You are required to not wear a rucksack. 

It would be considered socially preferable if you could also manage to not wash nor use deodorant. 

I am already not there. The doors are about to not open. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn't get up until 10am this morning (I blame the (non-existent) alcohol I (didn't) have last night at the pub quiz.)
As such, whilst I get my brain into gear, and after having already spent well over an hour admiring the layouts on show, I thought I'd now post some behind-the-scenes photos.

First, setting up for the "sat-nav" shot from yesterday's video:

P1000616.JPG.099abb04dd26c53876ca7d1ae726e58d.JPG

And then for the "(not) driving" clip! I only wish I realised just how dirty my windscreen was! Thank goodness my tripod has adjustable leg positions, that's all I can say...

P1000615.JPG.23b59e80c93de61b7fe41d8b84e822dd.JPG

I still have more of the video to film and edit, as well as a few photos, as can be seen by the photo below. My camera/lens isn't good in low light, and the lens itself was second hand and as such never had its autofocus working. That, and the focus ring is jerky to move; so you can imagine the difficulties I've had trying to;  Focus-pull/push the lens, operate the layout and pan/zoom the camera! Yet still, I'm having a lot of fun, and it gives me another excuse to a) play with the layout, and b) try and improve my photography!

P1000621.jpg.5f151b46d0a6d398d3e35dc989143544.jpg

So, until the second and final video is filmed/edited, if anyone has any questions, do feel free to post them!

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5