Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

More great pictures Peter. The atmosphere just screams North Wales Coast especially with the appropriate train formations. Just stunning.

Cheers

Marcus.

Thanks Marcus,

I had another running session tonight so more pics tomorrow. I have a few books on The North Wales Coast and old Rail mags have helped me work out what formations were running Some guys on here have given me info too  and I have tried to copy that, with a few extra trains that are out of my time period but  add extra interest.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 4

I've decided that I'm no longer going to look at this thread Peter, your layout and handy work is just amazing. I blame you completely for all my failed layout attempts, each time I realise I'm never going to create something like yours.

I'm moving onto lego, at least I'm good at that, or so my children think.

I've decided that I'm no longer going to look at this thread Peter, your layout and handy work is just amazing. I blame you completely for all my failed layout attempts, each time I realise I'm never going to create something like yours.

I'm moving onto lego, at least I'm good at that, or so my children think.

Hi Scott,

Hope you and the family are well. I love lego and had quite a bit as a kid though nothing like what you can get today.

Now I am not going to take the blame for your failed layout attempts and I understand you are joking but you have had some good layouts over the years you just need to stick with something and not get sidetracked by other peoples layouts and idea's. Am I right or Am I right. 

If I could start again, Llanbourne would be a lot different that it is today but I am happy with what I have, so Llanbourne will hopefully be around for a few years yet.

From what I have seen you can make boards lay track ballast track wire it and do scenic work. You have weathered stock too. I know Ian is always happy to help out you out too and I know he probably has more modelling time than you but look at that superb layout he has built and in such a short time.

Come on Mate have another crack. Looking forwards to you next layout thread, even if it a Lego train set.

All the Best Peter.

Hi Pete, Have to agree with Scott and others crackin' layout in all aspects, you talking about LEGO reminds me when the boot sales started many years ago my brother-in-law would buy up all the LEGO he could and over years he had a big barrel full of the stuff and as l went to visit many times out came the LEGO great nights...

• Like 2

LEGO, now you're talking. had loads of it when I was a kid which I gave away when I grew out of it. Then along came Anthony and it started all over again. Unfortunately he's grown out of it now so it's all in a big box upstairs. Suppose my next hope will be grand kids, but I think that's a fair way off yet. Thinking about it though, your mind needs to be pretty creative with Lego so obviously that just passes on to layout building instead.

Thanks Alex,

45103 is my only one with Tinsley name, I have thought about putting them on my 141 but they are a bit out of my time period. I also have 45111 which was one of the last to carry it's cast name. I have always liked the idea of doing 45115 as it had a blue Tinsley name, I do have a newer Bachmann class 46 that I plan to do at some point, but have been thinking of doing 45110 with Orange stripe.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, I hadn't realised that you only had one unoffical Tinsley Peak. I thought that you had 141 Zephyr for some reason, must be losing my marbles!

Railtec have now released the transfers for both 128 and 141, Boxenby will soon have two lovely Peaks!

Now, I need to get you thinking Peter. Can we just move your time period forward by a few years to accommodate this sort of scene please?!!

10317649964_eace13bc85_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

10317666085_f88eb77908_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061 (1455 ex Chester)  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

10317662375_dd63280770_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061 (1640 Crewe)  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

Those two Brush Beasts would look superb sat in Llanbourne station!

• Like 9

Hi Pete, Have to agree with Scott and others crackin' layout in all aspects, you talking about LEGO reminds me when the boot sales started many years ago my brother-in-law would buy up all the LEGO he could and over years he had a big barrel full of the stuff and as l went to visit many times out came the LEGO great nights...

Thanks George,

I sold some of the better stuff I had to fund train stuff but still have a box of the more standard Lego. My Daughter was never really into it so I haven't added to it for years. 

Cheers Peter.

LEGO, now you're talking. had loads of it when I was a kid which I gave away when I grew out of it. Then along came Anthony and it started all over again. Unfortunately he's grown out of it now so it's all in a big box upstairs. Suppose my next hope will be grand kids, but I think that's a fair way off yet. Thinking about it though, your mind needs to be pretty creative with Lego so obviously that just passes on to layout building instead.

Hi Marcus,

I wouldn't get rid of it that's for sure, maybe being creative with the Lego has helped over the years. When I was about 9 or 10 I started building Airfix kits which I think has helped me over the years.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, I hadn't realised that you only had one unoffical Tinsley Peak. I thought that you had 141 Zephyr for some reason, must be losing my marbles!

Railtec have now released the transfers for both 128 and 141, Boxenby will soon have two lovely Peaks!

Now, I need to get you thinking Peter. Can we just move your time period forward by a few years to accommodate this sort of scene please?!!

10317649964_eace13bc85_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

10317666085_f88eb77908_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061 (1455 ex Chester)  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

10317662375_dd63280770_z.jpg1991-08-11 60044, 60061 (1640 Crewe)  Llandudno by John Carter, on Flickr

Those two Brush Beasts would look superb sat in Llanbourne station!

Hi Alex,

I did have 45107 years ago and have thought about adding a name to 45141 as it was the last Peak I saw back in 88 only weeks away from being withdrawn.

I do like class 60s but probably not much chance of changing the time period. Nice pics though.

Cheers Peter.

grow out of it?  :no:

ive still got all mine from when i was a kid and Ruby is always adding to her collection! 

• Like 1

It just keeps getting better & better Peter. I love the colours in the ballast in the new section, you just seem to get the blend and shades absolutely nailed. Like the inspection saloon & D200 as well, just all round superb modelling.

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Alex,

I did have 45107 years ago and have thought about adding a name to 45141 as it was the last Peak I saw back in 88 only weeks away from being withdrawn.

I do like class 60s but probably not much chance of changing the time period. Nice pics though.

Cheers Peter.

I always knew that it was a long shot, but hey it was worth a try!

Loving the latest photos, how good does D200 look sat in the station. Quality!

Thanks Alex,

45103 is my only one with Tinsley name, I have thought about putting them on my 141 but they are a bit out of my time period. I also have 45111 which was one of the last to carry it's cast name. I have always liked the idea of doing 45115 as it had a blue Tinsley name, I do have a newer Bachmann class 46 that I plan to do at some point, but have been thinking of doing 45110 with Orange stripe.

Cheers Peter.

Totally, this boy needs a big brother!

post-6894-0-73450500-1446454009_thumb.jpg

I must agree the side on shot of D200 on the saloon looks very well lit. If it weren't for the white brick wall in the background it could be a real photo!

• Like 2