REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Hi Charlie/Arran,

Those two samples look absolutely superb and the wait is going to be well worth it for that level of detail and testing that has gone into it. Much better than to rush it and not be happy with the end result. Looks like I know what I will be buying from you at showcase now! Although how I will justify the Northern livery one on highland trials is another matter.

Hope you both had a good Christmas!

Mark

Often over shot at Scarborough!

Sorry but you will be waiting a while for that livery, as we are working backwards.   Got to sell what we have first before altering the roof, underfloor equipment, seats and floor plan. Our current model is out of date as they now have sanding equipment on them!

What ever we do is not what people want.  But a Metro Red one to be going on with!

Does look great and I will probably be having a couple (especially if the 3 car unit appears!) but, sadly, not unil they appear in the original Metro red and cream.

ROB

Does look great and I will probably be having a couple (especially if the 3 car unit appears!) but, sadly, not unil they appear in the original Metro red and cream.

ROB

Same here Rob, also looking forward to buying the Metro red and cream in due course ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For people interested in the earlier liveries, there's some footage in this 1991 Newcastle video of Class 143s in the original Provincial livery.  Go to 4:45 and 7:20:

Regional Railways (including Metro Train red) in this 1990 video, together with lots of other Railbus footage.  See the 143s and 144s from 2:00:

Edited by BR(S)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great videos - thanks for sharing (I always try and recal where I was on these dates - this was a year into beingin a new job in Australia...)

Charlie - do you yet have any launch dates for both 143 and 144 in Regional Railways livery - thanks. How to re-order?

Great videos - thanks for sharing (I always try and recal where I was on these dates - this was a year into beingin a new job in Australia...)

Charlie - do you yet have any launch dates for both 143 and 144 in Regional Railways livery - thanks. How to re-order?

Same me too for asked that class 143 regional railway or metrotrain (red/cream) with lettering 'regional railway' by what i want and i have no idea by when arrive model shop for regional railway livery that why I am more aware try get one

thank you

For people interested in the earlier liveries, there's some footage in this 1991 Newcastle video of Class 143s in the original Provincial livery.  Go to 4:45 and 7:20:

Regional Railways (including Metro Train red) in this 1990 video, together with lots of other Railbus footage.  See the 143s and 144s from 2:00:

Just a minor point about that second video, at least some of what is in there wasn't from 1990, maybe the early 90s as it wasn't until May 1991 that Regional Railways livery appeared on 143s and it was some time after that when GMPTE livery was on 142s.

It may not a big thing but doing historical research is sorta pointless if the uploader puts a misleading date on it.

Cheers

Chris H

• Like 2

Is that a TPWS ramp being thrown onto the track at Stroud 2:50 in?

Just a minor point about that second video, at least some of what is in there wasn't from 1990, maybe the early 90s as it wasn't until May 1991 that Regional Railways livery appeared on 143s and it was some time after that when GMPTE livery was on 142s.

It may not a big thing but doing historical research is sorta pointless if the uploader puts a misleading date on it.

Cheers

Chris H

How's progress progessing with the 143 / 144s Charlie?

Edited by surfsup

Production is underway, all in House moulding are done, just waiting for 'Jobbed Out' items arriving, not sure when yet.

• Like 2

Certainly will be a strong contender, if not already a winner! Thanks for keeping us updated Charlie, Just waiting for the rebate to come back, then it's a order (via Kernow) for at least one, if not two of your First Great Western 'Donkeys'.

Cant wait!! Surely a contender for model of the year given the detail...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Chinese have suggested we should have a delivery by September, possibly earlier.

The Serco Abellio-Northern is almost SOLD OUT, the other Northern has 150 left and the Red/Silver Northern 120 left and the Arriva only 94 left.  You have been warned!

Charlie

Coming along, david

Coming along, david

• RMweb Premium

The Chinese have suggested we should have a delivery by September, possibly earlier.

The Serco Abellio-Northern is almost SOLD OUT, the other Northern has 150 left and the Red/Silver Northern 120 left and the Arriva only 94 left.  You have been warned!

Charlie

So much for the economic climate - maybe you could re-invest the profit in PCA's............. :sarcastichand:

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

So much for the economic climate - maybe you could re-invest the profit in PCA's............. :sarcastichand:

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

PROFIT.  Won't make on on the first batch or 144s.  Honest!

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...