Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Well done GB; your openness to suggestions, narratives, stories, discussions and comments have kept PN as one of the absolute 'must-read' threads on the forum.  I model the opposite side of the country in a different era and at half the scale and yet still find much to hold my interest and provide inspiration; surely testament to your dedication and good-humour in providing regular postings and accomodating requests and observations from all-comers.

Long may the thread continue...

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Gilbert. Many congratulations on reaching a million views. That is a testament to just how good your interpretation of Peterborough North in 4mm scale really is. You have reproduced a big mainline station on the ECML in 1958 so beautifully, and any compromises on space grounds are very well overcome and implemented.

I take my hat off to you, and I'm sure you will be looking forward to the next million views, and I hope to be a small part of them.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

I think the worst part is that hole on the bogie stretcher...

Eh up the lampman's been and nicked the lamp off that gallows signal....

I love that concrete signal post, something you just don't see modelled.

Andy G

• Like 2

A million hits Gilbert and deservedly so and the kind of thing that happens when you exchange collecting wives for collecting locos !

Congratulations on what also must be a first for the forum - 1,000,000 hits and still counting.

Best wishes for the future.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes

• RMweb Premium

Well Gilbert, what a milestone! I feel honoured to be part of the thread even though I'm a relative newcomer. But do you know who the lucky reader was?

No, I can't work that one out. Perhaps Andy Y could. He'll be up to his eyes though, having just got back from York.

• RMweb Gold

Part of the magic of PN for me, and I may not be alone, is that Gilbert does all the careful posing of trains within the confines of a working timetable. So instead of just a pretty train, we know it's origin, destination, time etc. It thus has a purpose, a reason to be at PN at this particular juncture, and is, in virtual terms, real. The composition of the train has been carefully prepared from real documents, meticulously researched. Not every fine layout manages that.

A million is a huge number. And so well-earned. Res ipsa loquitur, or something like that.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well done on the million views Gilbert. This is my first port of call on RMWeb every time I visit, and I love how you have brought together all the disparate bits into a cohesive whole (you're not the only one who swallowed a dictionary today it seems). You have the right train in the right location with the right locomotive and what's even better is you take pictures of them and put them on here for us to enjoy. Long may it continue!

Congratulations

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I decided to feature the humble fish van, or several of them. Don't know why really, but here they are.

attachicon.giffish vans.JPG

and then I thought it was about time for another under the roof shot.

attachicon.gif9F under roof.JPG

it is always a bit of a lottery as to how sharp these turn out to be. Never mind, I now have heat, hot water too.

Love the fish train Gilbert. I always like to see what's behind the loco.

• RMweb Premium

First away golf tournament of the season today, and a nice bright morning for it. Still part cloudy at PN though, as the 9F continues northwards.

post-98-0-46264000-1492588815_thumb.jpg

In the opposite direction comes the early morning Doncaster parliamentary, the usual careworn New England B1 at the head.

post-98-0-85869600-1492588922_thumb.jpg

So, how many of you would like to see more images which just show the train, rather than the locomotive?

• Like 12

If you have some 'windcutters' then you could try and recreate a prototype picture I saw of some on a winters evening in Normanton, Yorkshire with the setting sun above it - you could just hear the shoves and jostles of them being shunted! I'll try and find that photo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I like both pics of trains and pics of locos.  I still remember (on my fleeting visit) ogling at your storage sidings full of beautiful coaches and wishing I could spend half the day just looking at each one in turn, so pics of the train would certainly be fine by me!*

Cheers
Tony

*As long as there was a B17 occasionally and an N5 now and then to keep NHN happy!

• Like 1

I decided to feature the humble fish van, or several of them. Don't know why really, but here they are.

attachicon.giffish vans.JPG

and then I thought it was about time for another under the roof shot.

attachicon.gif9F under roof.JPG

it is always a bit of a lottery as to how sharp these turn out to be. Never mind, I now have heat, hot water too.

Oh, the times I've seen that view, for real. Thanks for the memories.

Stewart

First away golf tournament of the season today, and a nice bright morning for it. Still part cloudy at PN though, as the 9F continues northwards.

attachicon.gif9F emerging.JPG

In the opposite direction comes the early morning Doncaster parliamentary, the usual careworn New England B1 at the head.

attachicon.gif1207 1.JPG

So, how many of you would like to see more images which just show the train, rather than the locomotive?

Please :)