Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Agree with LNER K4.  But I have always thought the BR 76xxx Class 4s have a certain purposefulness about them .... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

And why not?  he's a Splendid Engine.

There's been more than one Thomas Circus van on Grantham for several years, but no-one's ever asked about them.

So when we come to Pacifics then, we already know what your choice will be?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh where did yesterday go?  I was tied between the Claud and a D20, and.....forgot to post, got side tracked and the day was gone!

2-6-0's I don't have a strong opinion on (unusually!) I don't find them a particularly interesting design for some unknown reason.  Maybe a K2 or Crab.  The 4MT standard also, but not the 3 that looks under fed. Ah got it - Ivatt 2.  

2 hours ago, manna said:

G'day Folks

I'd go for the 'rough rider' K2, but I also like the look of Stainer's 2-6-0 5mt

manna

I agree with my friend from up north here in South Australia. I'm actually split between Stanier mogul and the K2 (without Westinghouse and definitely with GN cab).

But if I have to pick one its the Stanier mogul.

Andrew

• Like 4

Here's my two bobs on the 2-6-0.

GWR 43xx best, hands down. Also don't mind the look of the LBSCR Ks, they have a purposeful look about them. Don't mind the look of most moguls that I think of it although never thought much of the LNER K3, too out of proportion.

Connor

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, manna said:

G'day Folks

I'd go for the 'rough rider' K2, but I also like the look of Stainer's 2-6-0 5mt

manna

6 hours ago, Woodcock29 said:

I agree with my friend from up north here in South Australia. I'm actually split between Stanier mogul and the K2 (without Westinghouse and definitely with GN cab).

But if I have to pick one its the Stanier mogul.

Andrew

4 hours ago, CCGWR said:

Here's my two bobs on the 2-6-0.

GWR 43xx best, hands down. Also don't mind the look of the LBSCR Ks, they have a purposeful look about them. Don't mind the look of most moguls that I think of it although never thought much of the LNER K3, too out of proportion.

Connor

Crikey, three Crow Eaters in a row! Must be a record.

• Funny 3

Sea Eagle must have been going at a helluva lick to blow those lamps halfway up the irons!

Doncha just love the camera!

SWMBO is of on errands this am so I might just get to go up the loft.....

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

It were close this one, but the local favourite, the K2, won by a short head from something called a 43XX, with the K4 coming in third.

Today, we shall consider which was the most attractive and graceful Atlantic tank.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, great northern said:

It were close this one, but the local favourite, the K2, won by a short head from something called a 43XX, with the K4 coming in third.

Today, we shall consider which was the most attractive and graceful Atlantic tank.

Tilbury tanks.

• Like 1